• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW001: To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!! ・ BW002: Iris and Kibago!

Shooti seems interesting. Mijumaru seems nice too, a little Piplup esque..but oh well. TRio seem...interesting. I guess we'll see how they play out. I'm liking Iris actually.

Okay, so I've only seen the first episode, but...
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! <3
x3

I think I'm going to love BW. I've seen about 2 seconds of Iris, but she looks GREAT! And Satoshi was so lovable!! This Shooty (what a shit name :p That alone prevents me from taking him seriously!) seems a bit lame compared to Shinji, but I guess time will tell. I'm feeling a bit split about the whole TR-srsness thing - it's nice to see them not being clowns, but where've they put their... normal selves?! - but I doubt it will last anyway.

However, I am not split about them losing their pokemon. I'm heartbroken ;_; Sonansuuuuuuuuu! Where have you gooooooooone *sob*

Is Episode 2 up yet on Youtube? I haven't been able to find part 1 or part 2 :( If anyone could be so kind as to give me a link if one exists, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks!

Why did Ash's mom and Professor Oak go with him? If Ash's mom is moving to Isshu, wheres all their stuff? and why did Ash suddenly forget about all his Pokemon? it seemed like they left out alot of stuff and it was very rushed. Ash should have caught Mijumaru right then and there after he saved Pikachu and Kibago.

1) Professor Oak wanted to attend a congress taking place in the Isshu region. Ash and Delia tagged along because they wanted to take a vacation together. So Ash hadn't originally planned to actually travel through Isshu.

2) Ash's Pokémon are at Oak's laboratory. Yes, I know it's a really sudden way to get rid of them, but it makes sense that Ash left them if he had planned to go on holiday and take a break from battling and stuff. Plus, we knew it'd happen anyways.

3) Iris urged him to go to the Pokémon Center since Kibago and Pikachu were injured after the fight. It'd have been kinda nasty of him to say, "Oh no, Pikachu! I'll get you to a Pokémon Center... AFTER I CAPTURED THIS COOL POKÉMON LULZ"

I'm watching it right now (can sort of understand it) and oh my, poor Miju. He looked so distraught Shooti didn't pick him.

Nice pair of episode though it would have been better if Brock was in it.

I don't like the fact TR have lost all their pokemon at all. Wobbuffet has been around for so long and it's such a shame just to see them scrap them.
I like mamepato and mijimaru, and of course Iris. Though I'll reserve judgment on the series until I see a bit more.

Found a link on Youtube. I just love how Episode 2 ended with Miju creepin' in the window; gotta love that Pokemon. I also loved his little happy dance after shell blading Team Rocket's balloon. He's easily my favorite Isshu Pokemon :3

No, they were definitely out of character. Pre-BW Rocket-Dan would be ultra serious when talking to Sakaki but would loosen up once the video phones were off. But we didn't see any of that here. Just serious, serious, serious.

You can argue that they're trying harder now, for some reason, but "trying harder" is not the same thing as "acting like a completely different person."

Considering what happened in DP191 I don't see how they were out of character.

Remember Giovanni only just noticed them in that episode and ordered that they go an a special mission (before that they were fairly ignored by the boss) and they really seemed kind of competent. I mean after all Pre DP191 Meowth would've actually been sincere about being sad that Pikachu and Piplup were "splitting" up (after all this is Meowth who was upset about Chimchar's treatment by Paul), but in the episode he was lying for the purposes of catching them.

I don't see how that's anything other than Character Development. We always say something like immature Ash transforms into mature Ash is called character development. But when something similar happens to Team Rocket, suddenly it's out of character?

Edit: I think you also have to remember this is the first time ever in the series Giovanni has been this active towards Jessie, James and Meowth.

Last edited:
Is Episode 2 up yet on Youtube? I haven't been able to find part 1 or part 2 :( If anyone could be so kind as to give me a link if one exists, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks!
Not yet, nope. I just watched Episode 1.

Good stuff. It is very different. I liked how Quick Attack looks now, and Zekrom got one hell of an awesome debut.

Ok, here's my thoughts. It was neat to see the new rival choose his starter. It pretty much confirms there is more than one snakey in this series, as this one is different from the one that uses Attract on Pika. Piggy is left unanswered. We'll have to see it again sometime. Otter for now stalks Ash. The pall of how Ash will fare against his new rival will linger since he only beat him when Pika couldn't use it's power. Ash tries to catch Iris's hair because the pokedex detected Larvitar alike in there. Now for the big thing: TR. Talk about something completely different. We haven't seen this since early Kanto, and even then, they weren't this much of a presence. They were in inches of winning until otter saves the day. Ash seems to have reset himself along with his pokemon, but I think I said before they have to get in "How to play Pokemon" somehow. :p I don't mind anything that's happened, and I am greatly intrigued. How will Ash get otter? Will TR remain to be so intimidating? What is the fate of piggy? To be continued...

From the pics it looks like TR even easily defeated Pikachu.
If I was Ash I'd be calling in four reserve Pokemon about now--a strong TR means playing around with a small team and mostly newbies is FAR too dangerous. Perhaps, if I was worried enough, it would be time for the hunters to become the hunted.

I was hoping that TR's improved competence wouldn't have to mean Ash downgrading substantially, but it seems it has come to pass. Perhaps he'll pick up in a bit when he's calmed down from his "new region" excitement.

Note: I am not complaining; these are mere observations.

I thought these were good episodes.

I liked Shooti a lot more then I thought I would. He's very relaxed compared to Satoshi (I hate overly enthusiastic people) so there's a +1 from me alone :p

Iris is awesome as I hoped :D

Now, I kinda wish Mamepato did a bit more. I was a little annoyed that Mijumaru just came in and stole its thunder.

Just started watching this, and already I need clarification

Ash went to Isshu with his mother and Oak because they were going on vacation? That's what Oak's Pineapple shirt is telling me.

Did the narrator just say Ash was 10?

Satoshi and Honoko are going on Vacation. Ookido is going as part of a Scientific Convention, but he thinks he'll have enough time to do some relaxation.

Finally finished watching both episodes. I saw the first earlier but didn't have a chance to see the second.

Anyway...

How epic is Zekrom? OMG, it looked pretty beast. So Ash and Delia are accompanying Oak to Isshu for vacation. But for Ash, it's not a vacation any longer. I definitely liked seeing him be all excited to see the new pokemon in Isshu. It adds to the whole newness to the 5th gen as a whole. New start, new adventure, new friends, new rivals, new everything.

Shooti's pretty interesting although I'm sort of turned off by his personality. He seems a bit smug imo (well it fits his pokemon haha). Idk, it worked with Paul's personality but I hope to see Ash show Shooti's who boss sometime in the future.

As for Team Rocket, I don't mind not seeing their pokemon. I do however wished that there was some sort of explanation. We know Ash's Sinnoh pokemon are at Oak's. That's the only place they could go. And even if we don't know where Gliscor's whereabouts are, it still has the option of it being at McCann's or Oak's. For TR's pokemon, we don't know where they are, who they're with, etc. Kinda wish they at least mentioned something like they left their pokemon at the base or whatever. Jessie getting Koromori's pretty awesome though.

Iris is pretty cool and Kibago seems pretty fun too. She may not be a coordinator but I think it's nice to see the heroine get a new role. She's definitely going to have something to do with the legendaries and a possible Team Plasmar arc. So that's something to be excited for.

Finally, OMG...Mijumaru, all I need to say is this: Favorite water starter EVER! I love it being a stalker and the previews with it are promising too. Hope to see it evolve into the awesomeness that is Daikenki :D

Overall, great premiere! Definitely felt like a fresh, brand new start. Can't wait how the rest of the series plays out!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom