• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW039 - Fossil Revival! Ancient Mysterious Bird Archeops!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preview looks great. Archen seems to have a ton of personality and it's great to see the writers finally remember Hatoboh exist. Now if only they remembered to give it a personality and make it memorable. : | Fennel and Araragi are both cool characters so it's good to see them.

It's so adorably derp.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss

But I would love Iris to have an other powerhouse in her team!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Wait, so...

Golddigger, Forgotten Female, and DERPFISH interact with Archen. DOES THIS MEAN MUGGYO IS ALSO FEMALE?

That Archen certainly is adorable in a kind of oblivious way, due to the fact it evolves I don't think anyone will be capturing it. Since it knows Dragon Breath I could see it going to Iris, but I doubt it would be captured by anyone

Just me being too observant, but does anyone notice Pikachu's left cheek is missing in the preview at :25? :p

Archen trampling and pecking at everyone's heads is certainly a must-see. I feel bad for whoever's going to repair that lab, lol.

Yes, that animation error is very noticeable. Hopefully the animators fix that little error before the actual episode airs.

The preview makes this episode look amusing, and Archen looks like it's going to be a fun 'Pokemon of the day'. Though (at the risk of sounding like a very whiny broken record!) at the same time it's....freaking annoying to see such a quirky bird pokemon bond with Ash when he's stuck with Hatoboh. Gah, seriously, who decides these captures? :p

Just me being too observant, but does anyone notice Pikachu's left cheek is missing in the preview at :25? :p

"Is that the One Cheek Wonder? I hope he's not trying to play pokemon with cheeks like that!"

Oooooooooooooh!

The only thing in this episode I'm actually looking forward to is TRio possibly heading towards a new plot with Tomioka writing the episode + Hatoboo, Emonga and Maggyo making their appearances. Everything else ... meh!

This episode looks alright, I might not get my hopes up for it but at least we get to see the two professor again. This episode looks like to be an Iris and Ash episode after looking at the preview. Archen does look adorable in this though.

I figured the bird would evolve, if only to get two pokemon debuts out of the way in the same episode.

I'll say it again, they really are going through the Pokedex debuts fast this generation. We're starting to average at least 2 new pokemon debuting in every ep now, sometimes more.

I figured the bird would evolve, if only to get two pokemon debuts out of the way in the same episode.

I'll say it again, they really are going through the Pokedex debuts fast this generation. We're starting to average at least 2 new pokemon debuting in every ep now, sometimes more.

I rather like this. It reminds me of Kanto ( well, a lot of BW does), but in a good way. Johto did the exact opposite and suffered from it. The BW 'mons are some of the best so I don't mind seeing many of them early on.

Really looking forward to this one. Aeropteryx and especially Flapteryx are among my favourites in BW ( and my Aeropteryx is about to reach level 100 soon ^^" ) so I am happy to see the line in a good episode like this one.
I can only echoe what others already said: Why is Hatoboh on Satoshi's team and not the awesome fossil bird?! WHY!?

bw039.png

Well, of course Ash would read a book with pictures! :U

Am I the only one who actually likes Tranquil and wants it to become a powerhouse like Staraptor? ;;
Cause that's what it needs to be. I figured it would be doing some screen time on ground and flying gym, so hopefully we get more development then.

Onto the episode, I dont see it being much interesting. Only thing I look forward to is Maggyo appearance (AAAAAAAAA *fangirl squee) and Tranquil. God please give Tranquil some facepalm moment to Archen that would be so awesome.

Preview

- Juniper showing them the fossil.
- Fossil being scanned
- Ash reading the book
- Musharna attached to a pipe possibly draining it's dream smoke.
- Fennel looks excited
- Archen is revived
- I missed the last bit but I heard Ash calling out for Cilan

What was seen on Pokemon Smash:
- Professor Juniper shows Ash and co. the Wing Fossil.
- Ash looks up Archen’s entry in an old research book.
- Fennel plugs her Musharna in the Fossil Restoration Machine and counts from 3 to 1. Musharna’s Dream Energy causes the machine to glow.
- Archen is restored from the fossil.
- Professor Juniper records the Archen interacting with the group’s pokemon on her camera. Ash also watches this event from a safe distance.
- Musharna’s Dream Energy causes the ancient plant, which was also embedded in that Wing Fossil, to expand uncontrollably.
- When that ancient plant expands even further, Cilan is being cornered. Ash calls out Cilan’s name in panic.

It's showtime!

Per the Announcement at the top of the forum, this speculation thread will be closed. A review thread for this episode will be uploaded after the episode finishes airing. Do not make any new review threads during this time.

If you want to talk about the episode as it's airing, please head over to the IRC Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom