• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Whichever date next week, at least it will be a little something to cheer me up given my current situation in real life. Surgery is supposed to be happening that week.

Oh my gosh, is everything ok? :(

As for me, I don't even care anymore about getting CoroCoro leaks. I just found out the 3rd movie is streaming on Pokémon.com right now. I've been searching for it for 3,000 years on DVD and I don't feel like paying $200 for it on Amazon. :D My week was just made.

A close family member is getting a mastectomy done for breast cancer.

$200 for a DVD? Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.....

Whichever date next week, at least it will be a little something to cheer me up given my current situation in real life. Surgery is supposed to be happening that week.

Oh my gosh, is everything ok? :(

As for me, I don't even care anymore about getting CoroCoro leaks. I just found out the 3rd movie is streaming on Pokémon.com right now. I've been searching for it for 3,000 years on DVD and I don't feel like paying $200 for it on Amazon. :D My week was just made.

A close family member is getting a mastectomy done for breast cancer.

$200 for a DVD? Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.....

I'm so sorry, I hope everything works out.

And yeah, the first... 7 movies (?) are incredibly hard to find anywhere, with the first three specifically costing about $150+ each for a brand-new copy online.

Just a few more days...

I am waiting for the 13th-15th since I believe it is more likely to come around there. I won't get my expectations too high, it probably just have small info on blob, shadowy figure and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon game. I would like to see a new pair of main series games revealed but that may be too much to ask. As for a yellow remake, I don't see it happening this gen but may be in a future generation (possibly gen 7).

No one's expectations will be met, everyone will whine and complain, someone will say that GF and Masuda are sending the franchise down the tubes, and not a single soul will escape the butthurt. The only major announcement made will be about new stages for Shuffle and that prices have increased while catch rates have lowered.

Or maybe we'll all be blown away with the hype. I'm betting on the former outcome though.

No one's expectations will be met, everyone will whine and complain, someone will say that GF and Masuda are sending the franchise down the tubes, and not a single soul will escape the butthurt. The only major announcement made will be about new stages for Shuffle and that prices have increased while catch rates have lowered.

Or maybe we'll all be blown away with the hype. I'm betting on the former outcome though.

Hahaha well while u may b right about people not being satisfied with what we get, I will say I doubt the biggest announcement we get will b Shuffle hahaha CoroCoro already said in the last issue we'd get info on de blob and M Zygarde and they usually don't say stuff like that if there isn't anything in the next issue. With or without an actual game announcement this CoroCoro release will b something very interesting.

Really see no reason to get overhyped until the end of the year. We'll hopefully be getting news about Pokemon Z, aka the quest for Mega Flygon and Mega Milotic, with releases post World's 2016. I just can't see a reason as to why Gamefreak would announce a new game in September to have it release in February/March. There will likely be at least 10 Mega Pokemon added, including Mega Zygarde. At most we'll see announcements for Hoopa in the West by the end of the year and Volcanion following the same pattern. We'll likely see Pokemon Z next September/October with hinting starting to ramp up around May. It's not like a new gen Pokemon being around for a few years is a new thing. Case in point is Munchlax. May caught her's late in an episode that aired in March 2005 in Japan and then DP released in September 2006. That's a year and a half of a Pokemon being around before its game came out.

EDIT: After a bit more research Munchlax was first revealed in May 2004, almost 2.5 years prior to DP being released.

Really see no reason to get overhyped until the end of the year. We'll hopefully be getting news about Pokemon Z, aka the quest for Mega Flygon and Mega Milotic, with releases post World's 2016. I just can't see a reason as to why Gamefreak would announce a new game in September to have it release in February/March. There will likely be at least 10 Mega Pokemon added, including Mega Zygarde. At most we'll see announcements for Hoopa in the West by the end of the year and Volcanion following the same pattern. We'll likely see Pokemon Z next September/October with hinting starting to ramp up around May. It's not like a new gen Pokemon being around for a few years is a new thing. Case in point is Munchlax. May caught her's late in an episode that aired in March 2005 in Japan and then DP released in September 2006. That's a year and a half of a Pokemon being around before its game came out.

EDIT: After a bit more research Munchlax was first revealed in May 2004, almost 2.5 years prior to DP being released.

I can think of several reasons why they could release a Pokemon game earlier in the year, such as not having a Pokemon game in 2015 or that the 20th anniversary is in February. And even if that weren't true, I should ask you the opposite question, why do they absolutely have to release a game in the fall?

Regardless of the reasons, signs are pointing towards an announcement in the fall and a release in the first half of the year, they wouldn't be teasing the kind of things they are if they weren't ready to promote a new game.

There will be a great disturbance in the Force... as if millions of Pokemon fanatics suddenly cried out... some in joy and some in anguish... and they will be suddenly silenced via suffocation by mysterious "flowers". This is what the prophesy foretells, and it shall be fulfilled. Like it has been for the past 20 years.

I think a new form is way different than the Munchlax case. Munchlax was just a next gen preview. A new form to an existing pkmn (Zygarde) makes it absolutely mandatory for them to give us a new main game as soon as possible after the announcement so we can use the new form in the games.
Looking at the latest gen's example: They revealed Kyurem's forms and announced BW2 in February 2012 and released the games in June, just 4 months later, and just in time for the movie.
While they seem to be revealing Zygarde's form sooner than they revealed Kyurem's, I think they might hold off with the game announcement for a while. I won't be surprised if they'll only reveal the games in February again and release them in June again just to tie in with the movie.
So we might have to wait for a while with that game announcement... unless they really want to do something special for the 20th anniversary and release the game earlier to match the anniversary date in February, but I doubt that since they never did anything special for the 10th anniversary, so matching with the movie seems more likely...

Not long now! Tick tock! *excited face*

Lol Captain Positivity is in the house.

My only expectation is that we don't get even more new Pokémon during Generation VI (not counting new forms and mega evolutions, of course).

Something tells me I will be disappointed.

My only expectation is that we don't get even more new Pokémon during Generation VI (not counting new forms and mega evolutions, of course).

Something tells me I will be disappointed.

It is possible for new pokemon to show up in the final gen 6 games. Problem is that Gen 7 comes after the last pair of gen 6 games and I don't know if Game Freak would introduce two different set of new pokemon, one for gen 6 and the other set for gen 7. It is a possibility but that is up to Game Freak.

My main issue with tying Kanto into things is that I can't really see the point. At least not while we are still in Gen VI. Because we kinda already got Kanto re-remakes... they were called X and Y. Seriously, so much of XY was lifted from the Kanto games... Kanto starters, Snorlax roadblock, the Winged Mirages, post-game Mewtwo (in the "Unknown Dungeon"), a villainous team with a secret base in a bustling city (complete with push and tile puzzles), a villainous team member who is a part of the League, a Power Plant level, a free Lapras, a choice between the regional Fossils (in a cave area where you encounter the villain team, no less), Viridian Forest 2.0 (Pikachu included), partiality to Kanto Mega Evolutions... they even had the bare minimum of character development.

With all of that in mind, a CracklingFireRed and RustlingLeafGreen would just feel so repetitive right now, barring major revisions into "sequels"... and at that point, they may as well just make a different game.

Besides, I feel as though the priority needs to be on Kalos. In part because the first games were so bare and lacking in identity (too much Kanto DNA can do that to you), but also because it is where the whole Mega Evolution "arc" started, and I think that there is still a fair amount of that left to tell, particularly with Zygarde (who is obviously next in line to step up to the merchandising "plate"), and perhaps the Anistar Sundial. A little more expansion on Team Flare and AZ couldn't hurt, either. Also, there is Volcanion and Floette-E who, like Zygarde, are connected to the Kalos region. We need to do Kalos now. If Kanto "sequels" are to come, then they will have to wait until later. Although even then, my preference would be to shift into Gen VII. I would really love to see some new Pokémon and to get past all of the MEGA MEGA MEGA buzz, and the sooner a set of Diamond/Pearl remakes find their way into my hands, the happier I will be.

I agree with you, Gen 6 has so far been my least favorite generation because it felt like it had a bit too many references to Gen 1, such as the inclusion of the Kanto Starters (and seemingly forcing them down your throat) and a villain team that's been the most similar to Team Rocket, as well as the Mega Evolutions (more on that later). In fact, it's actually this that has been my main problem with Gen 6 since it's came out is that they have been focused way too much on Gen 1 and Gen 3 nostalgia and desperately trying to recreate the success of Gen 1 rather than actually trying to give this generation it's own identity like they did the previous 5 generations. I do feel like Kanto remakes would be pointless because of all the Gen 1 references, unless they try something new and different with them than just make FR/LG 2.0.

Asides from what you stated above, let's talk about the titular Pocket Monsters themselves, and I did the math as to what the problem is. Excluding the three event Pokemon (Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion), only 68 new Pokemon were introduced in X/Y, the smallest of any generation since Gen 2 (which had 101 new species); each of the three Kalos dexes has 150 Pokemon total, making a total of 450 Pokemon, plus add Mewtwo and the Legendary birds for a grand total of 454 Pokemon available. 454 minus 68 means there are 386 old Pokemon species, which is also the exact amount of Pokemon there were in the franchise in Gen 3, meaning that only 15% of the total Pokemon available in the Kalos dex are actually new species, excluding Mega Evolutions. As for the species that do have Mega Evolutions, 30 Megas exist in X/Y alone, with three (Blaziken, Latios, and Latias) not being available in the Kalos dex, and two Pokemon (Charizard and Mewtwo) have two Megas, which means that 25 species (6%) in the Kalos dex have Mega Evolutions. This means that only 20% of all Pokemon available in X/Y outside the National Dex are actually new content.

Now let's add the Mega Evolution introduced in OR/AS, which include 18 new Megas, plus add Primal Groudon and Kyogre for a total of 20 new Mega Evolutions. This means that there are a grand total of 50 Mega Evolutions in the franchise currently, with 71 actual NEW Pokemon (including the three event legendaries mentioned earlier). With the next Gen 6 games to be announced, at least 15-20 new Megas are to be expected by the time of it's release, which will mean that there will possibly be more Mega Evolutions introduced in Gen 6 than there are actual new Pokemon.

And this is where the real problem with Gen 6 lies in the fact that there's no balance between focusing on the actual new Pokemon and focusing more on the old Pokemon, especially those that have Mega Evolutions, and with the over-saturation and over-marketing of Mega Evolutions and plot elements from older generations over new Pokemon, this results in a generation that struggles to find it's own identity. The only Kalos Pokemon that ever get any amount of actual focus and aren't Mega Evolutions are the Kalos starters (primarily the first stages), Dedenne, Sylveon, and the legendaries. Now I don't have a problem with the concept of Mega Evolution itself (though I have my own problems with Megas, but that's another topic), nor am I against any callbacks to older generations, it's just that there needs to be more priority on all the new content and there needs to be a balance between older Pokemon and newer Pokemon rather than focusing almost exclusively on the old like the main course and treating the new like it's just a side dish.

In the end, while I am excited for the next main series game just as much as so many others are, I am also a bit concerned given the direction the franchise has been going lately.

^ I agree with most of what you just said ^_^

My dislike of the Megas put aside for a second, I actually wonder if the whole thing might have gone over better if they had been introduced in Z or XY2 version - mid generation rather than as a major focal point of the beginning of the 6th gen. I feel like most of the time when people express disappointment or a feeling of lacking in the 6th gen, it was because X and Y introduced so few new Pokemon and instead shoved Megas in our faces as if they were supposed to make up for the lack of new Pokemon. If Gamefreak's creativity had put aside the Megas until the next game and focused on making the usual 100+ new pokes for the dex, I truly believe Kalos would have had more of a 'definitive' feel to it and fans would've generally been more happy. (I know I would, haha). And then what a lovely surprise it would have been mid generation, to either introduce Megas from scratch or perhaps have just dropped 1 or 2 Megas, such as Mewtwo and Charizard, into X and Y and hold the rest back until the hypothetical Z version (with backwards compatibility of course). I think that would've a) fixed fans' disappointment with XY and b) really boosted sales of the mid generation third version and kept fans on their toes with a whole new thing to get hyped for.

Eh, just an idea, not that it matters much now anyways, haha. *glances at clock and twitches* I do wish CoroCoro would leak already.

My main issue with tying Kanto into things is that I can't really see the point. At least not while we are still in Gen VI. Because we kinda already got Kanto re-remakes... they were called X and Y. Seriously, so much of XY was lifted from the Kanto games... Kanto starters, Snorlax roadblock, the Winged Mirages, post-game Mewtwo (in the "Unknown Dungeon"), a villainous team with a secret base in a bustling city (complete with push and tile puzzles), a villainous team member who is a part of the League, a Power Plant level, a free Lapras, a choice between the regional Fossils (in a cave area where you encounter the villain team, no less), Viridian Forest 2.0 (Pikachu included), partiality to Kanto Mega Evolutions... they even had the bare minimum of character development.

With all of that in mind, a CracklingFireRed and RustlingLeafGreen would just feel so repetitive right now, barring major revisions into "sequels"... and at that point, they may as well just make a different game.

Besides, I feel as though the priority needs to be on Kalos. In part because the first games were so bare and lacking in identity (too much Kanto DNA can do that to you), but also because it is where the whole Mega Evolution "arc" started, and I think that there is still a fair amount of that left to tell, particularly with Zygarde (who is obviously next in line to step up to the merchandising "plate"), and perhaps the Anistar Sundial. A little more expansion on Team Flare and AZ couldn't hurt, either. Also, there is Volcanion and Floette-E who, like Zygarde, are connected to the Kalos region. We need to do Kalos now. If Kanto "sequels" are to come, then they will have to wait until later. Although even then, my preference would be to shift into Gen VII. I would really love to see some new Pokémon and to get past all of the MEGA MEGA MEGA buzz, and the sooner a set of Diamond/Pearl remakes find their way into my hands, the happier I will be.

I agree with you, Gen 6 has so far been my least favorite generation because it felt like it had a bit too many references to Gen 1, such as the inclusion of the Kanto Starters (and seemingly forcing them down your throat) and a villain team that's been the most similar to Team Rocket, as well as the Mega Evolutions (more on that later). In fact, it's actually this that has been my main problem with Gen 6 since it's came out is that they have been focused way too much on Gen 1 and Gen 3 nostalgia and desperately trying to recreate the success of Gen 1 rather than actually trying to give this generation it's own identity like they did the previous 5 generations. I do feel like Kanto remakes would be pointless because of all the Gen 1 references, unless they try something new and different with them than just make FR/LG 2.0.

Asides from what you stated above, let's talk about the titular Pocket Monsters themselves, and I did the math as to what the problem is. Excluding the three event Pokemon (Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion), only 68 new Pokemon were introduced in X/Y, the smallest of any generation since Gen 2 (which had 101 new species); each of the three Kalos dexes has 150 Pokemon total, making a total of 450 Pokemon, plus add Mewtwo and the Legendary birds for a grand total of 454 Pokemon available. 454 minus 68 means there are 386 old Pokemon species, which is also the exact amount of Pokemon there were in the franchise in Gen 3, meaning that only 15% of the total Pokemon available in the Kalos dex are actually new species, excluding Mega Evolutions. As for the species that do have Mega Evolutions, 30 Megas exist in X/Y alone, with three (Blaziken, Latios, and Latias) not being available in the Kalos dex, and two Pokemon (Charizard and Mewtwo) have two Megas, which means that 25 species (6%) in the Kalos dex have Mega Evolutions. This means that only 20% of all Pokemon available in X/Y outside the National Dex are actually new content.

Now let's add the Mega Evolution introduced in OR/AS, which include 18 new Megas, plus add Primal Groudon and Kyogre for a total of 20 new Mega Evolutions. This means that there are a grand total of 50 Mega Evolutions in the franchise currently, with 71 actual NEW Pokemon (including the three event legendaries mentioned earlier). With the next Gen 6 games to be announced, at least 15-20 new Megas are to be expected by the time of it's release, which will mean that there will possibly be more Mega Evolutions introduced in Gen 6 than there are actual new Pokemon.

And this is where the real problem with Gen 6 lies in the fact that there's no balance between focusing on the actual new Pokemon and focusing more on the old Pokemon, especially those that have Mega Evolutions, and with the over-saturation and over-marketing of Mega Evolutions and plot elements from older generations over new Pokemon, this results in a generation that struggles to find it's own identity. The only Kalos Pokemon that ever get any amount of actual focus and aren't Mega Evolutions are the Kalos starters (primarily the first stages), Dedenne, Sylveon, and the legendaries. Now I don't have a problem with the concept of Mega Evolution itself (though I have my own problems with Megas, but that's another topic), nor am I against any callbacks to older generations, it's just that there needs to be more priority on all the new content and there needs to be a balance between older Pokemon and newer Pokemon rather than focusing almost exclusively on the old like the main course and treating the new like it's just a side dish.

In the end, while I am excited for the next main series game just as much as so many others are, I am also a bit concerned given the direction the franchise has been going lately.

To be fair, it's 72 new Pokémon. And it's entirely possible (looking at OR/AS's lack of X/Y compatibility) that new Kalos Pokémon could be introduced in Z alongside more Mega's. As long as both groups are evenly matched (or have New Mons surpassing Mega's) I'll consider this generation a success.

And this is the 20th anniversary generation, I feel like they had to go heavy handed on the Kanto references. Heck, Kalos is the only other region to start with K.

To be fair, it's 72 new Pokémon. And it's entirely possible (looking at OR/AS's lack of X/Y compatibility) that new Kalos Pokémon could be introduced in Z alongside more Mega's. As long as both groups are evenly matched (or have New Mons surpassing Mega's) I'll consider this generation a success.

And this is the 20th anniversary generation, I feel like they had to go heavy handed on the Kanto references. Heck, Kalos is the only other region to start with K.

Well including Mega/Primal Pokemon we have a total of 122 new Pokemon. If they're going to continue with the Kanto references we may likely end up with 151 total new Pokemon. That leaves 29 spaces for either Mega Pokemon completely new Pokemon. If the blob is a brand new Gen 6 Pokemon and we also have Mega Zygarde we're sitting at 27 new Pokemon. I think that we'll likely only see a few more Mega's in Z so hopefully the last 10-15 spots are for brand new Gen 6 Pokemon.

Well including Mega/Primal Pokemon we have a total of 122 new Pokemon. If they're going to continue with the Kanto references we may likely end up with 151 total new Pokemon. That leaves 29 spaces for either Mega Pokemon completely new Pokemon. If the blob is a brand new Gen 6 Pokemon and we also have Mega Zygarde we're sitting at 27 new Pokemon. I think that we'll likely only see a few more Mega's in Z so hopefully the last 10-15 spots are for brand new Gen 6 Pokemon.

Mega and primals don't count as new pokemon because it is just changing the original pokemon into something more powerful. This applies with new forms as well. As for Zygarde, it's new mega/primal/ form won't count as a new pokemon because it would still be Zygarde.

As much as I don't like all the over-referencing of Kanto, by the looks of how Pokemon GO was advertised (1. the players being mostly adults, 2. kanto pokemon up to mewtwo featured), if there's anything that they want for a big money grabber, there's bound to be Kanto involved - anything to satisfy the consumers who stuck with their products for 20 years and possibly bringing back the older fans into the franchise for the sake of nostalgia.

Back
Top Bottom