• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 153 Title

Re: DP 153 Title?

Rofl. Yeah, I guess since there are millions of Rocketshippers on this forum they're having a field day now. I'm not too excited though :p
You don't have to be a Rocketshipper to get exited of TR episodes... :p There are other people who care more for characters than boring battles.

*blink* *blinkity*

Since when does he has a treasure chest? Is it full of shiny bottlecaps? Does someone steal them? Does he go on a dangerous journey to retrieve them? Hurr?

Rofl. Yeah, I guess since there are millions of Rocketshippers on this forum they're having a field day now. I'm not too excited though :p

You betcha. We're all going to have a very Happy Thanksgiving. :-D

As for the episode, I just have to lol at why his treasure chest would be full of danger. Sounds like another fun episode. :)

Wasn't Carnivine's Pokeball in that bottle cap chest he had in the beginning? I wonder,and this is a long shot, if he captured other Pokemon but where too dangerous for him as a little kid...

That title instantly made me think of that formerly banned swimsuit episode.
Hawhawhaw. James' treasure chest.

An episode devoted to James? So the contest a few episodes back didn't count? I can only hinge on the very small chance that James actually catches a new Pokemon.

An episode devoted to James?

Yeah, what a rare event that is... I guess Jirachi woke up or somthing

So the contest a few episodes back didn't count?

One episode is enough? James barely got any eps in DP that really focused on him... was there even anything other than Cacnea's ep? and maybe DP117 too (which equally focused on Jessie and Meowth too so it wasn't completely a James ep)

I can only hinge on the very small chance that James actually catches a new Pokemon.

Every new title we HAVE to speculate about captures...
James should NOT get another Poké, it'll only end up neglected
What James needs is more eps that focus on him

My only objection to this is how Brock hasn't a lot of episodes centered on him either.

Either Shimura or random-1shot-ad will animate this one, most likely.

the whole Koto/Kazu arc

Well, now that you mention it - aside from Cyndaquil's capture, and the contest, the arc really did nothing to serve the plot. And all the plot advancements could've taken place without the other two anyway. There's no need to deny the existence of fillers, a lot of them are pretty good - especially some of the ones in DP (like the Summer School). It's just a classification given to episodes that have little to no impact on the plot, outside maybe a 'reunion' episode later on. It's just that the term has negative connotations because of how pointless and boring the episodes can be at times. (like the Chingling episode)

As for this episode - it's nice to see James get some love lately. He's been neglected so much since Jessie's had her own time to shine.

Glad it's a James episode and not a Jessie/TR one. Though it could very well end up being one.-_-

Piplup said:
I don't think I should open a new thread so I'll just post this here since that's something about the near future eps... but probably not these ones

Apparently this VA - http://blog.livedoor.jp/rikiya_no_kimochi/ - did something in Pokémon recently... I don't think he said anything about air date or what character he did but maybe someone who knows better can check it out

The blog doesn't really offer any new information. It just says that he'll be guest starring on Pokemon and that it's been a really long time since he's done so.

An episode devoted to James? So the contest a few episodes back didn't count? I can only hinge on the very small chance that James actually catches a new Pokemon.

I agree completely, he's way overdue for a new capture. He hasn't gotten anything new since Carnivine at the beginning of the D/P saga. Everyone else did, even Jessie.

Yeah, what a rare event that is... I guess Jirachi woke up or somthing

No, if Jirachi woke up, Dawn's Piplup would be a Prinplup by now and would stay in its Pokeball. I've been wishing it for long enough.

That title instantly made me think of that formerly banned swimsuit episode.
Hawhawhaw. James' treasure chest.
So glad I'm not the only one.

Good thing they remembered that James is a main cast member! Wonder what the chances are for a new Wobbuffet episode now. :D

Yeah, its a shame that even when James is doing something like the recent contest, he's disguised as Jessie so it doesn't feel like its really him.

My only objection to this is how Brock hasn't a lot of episodes centered on him either.

He got much more episodes in DP than James got, that's sure

Well, now that you mention it - aside from Cyndaquil's capture, and the contest, the arc really did nothing to serve the plot. And all the plot advancements could've taken place without the other two anyway.

You can't really watch the Contest ep without the previous Koto/Kazu eps, you won't get what these two random characters are doing with the twerps
When something important happens in one episode of a more-than-one-ep-story than the whole arc is "important"
It's not like we get much 2 parters (not to mention 3 or more) so I'd say anything that's more than 1 ep should automaically not be considered "filler"

Anyway... let's go over the Koto/Kazu eps
DP143:
- Kotone and Kazunari appear for the first time (I really think we might see them again)
- Kotone and Kazunari temporarily join the group
- A lot of Johto references which at least for me counts as continuity which at least for me makes an episode "important" and not "filler"
- Dawn gets an egg
- Cyndaquil hatch from the egg
DP144:
- Cyndaquil reveal its attacks
- Cyndaquil gets its first battle experience
- The Piplup/Cynda "rivalry" begin
DP145:
- Kazu catch Gible (it'll be important if he appear with it later or if Ash mention it when he possibly get his own Gible soon)
DP146:
- Contest (not to mention a ribbon for Jessie)
DP147:
- Cynda participate in its first serious real battle (the Grotle battle was quickly stopped and was mainly to check out its attacks)
- Kazu's Toto evolve (same as Gible capture)
- Brock gets the Pokégear
- Johto references = continuity = not filler

The only ep which is close to be a "filler" from all of these is the Gible one
Anyway, even if only one of these is important, it makes the whole arc important - you can't watch one of them only

There's no need to deny the existence of fillers,

There's also no need to randomly call the whole world "filler"

a lot of them are pretty good - especially some of the ones in DP

Tell that to these people who jump OH NO ANOTHER FILLER at every new title revealed

(like the Summer School).

How the Johto was that a filler
Rowan (and his team) appear again
Conway appear again
Angie appears for the first time and return later
The summer school mentioned again both when they meet Angie AND in the TR get fat episode

It's just a classification given to episodes that have little to no impact on the plot,

Again, people randomly use the term for almost every episode now
It's really annoying, can't we call all the episodes "episodes" and that's it?...

outside maybe a 'reunion' episode later on.

That does count as something "important" when a past character returns... if you wouldn't watch their previous eps, you wouldn't be able to understand who they are

It's just that the term has negative connotations because of how pointless and boring the episodes can be at times. (like the Chingling episode)

In the Chingling ep:
- Ash's Gligar revealed its attacks
- The bunny got its vest
- The Pokéchic magazine AND Pokéstylist were mentioned for the first time, both returned later (not sure if stylist was mentioned by name, but it's obvious that was what that magazine was about)
- James mentioned his Chimecho = continuity

For me that's not a filler
I know I count things that others don't want to count but that just proves how the defition of "filler" changes for everyone
Which is why we should call them all "episodes" and enjoy them regardless if they're "important" or not as both kinds of eps have equal chance to be good or "bad" (though I never had an ep that I really thought was "bad", just not as good as some others)

I agree completely, he's way overdue for a new capture. He hasn't gotten anything new since Carnivine at the beginning of the D/P saga. Everyone else did, even Jessie.

He doesn't need anything
Except for Wobbuffet which barely appears and even then not really treated like a Pokémon, Jessie has 2 Poké and James has 2 Poké too
Just like Brock is restricted to 3 only
Give them any more than that will only make these Poké end up neglected
Jessie has her poison snake and additional bug type
James has his grass type and "baby"
They don't really need anything else
What's so bad in James finally getting an episode about him? why does it have to be a capture?

Anyway...it would be nice if the writers bring Jessiebelle back after all this time. She did get a brief cameo in DP2, so the writers do remember her.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom