• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP175: Mammoo, Pachirisu! Decide on the Ice Chandelier!!

Re: DP 175 "Manmoo, Pachirisu! Finish it with Ice Chandelier!!" Preview Thread

So Jessie will get one win, against some filler character. I hope we see at least a little bit of it.

I still think Jessie getting into the Top 4 is way too unbelieveable for a character like her. I understand the writer/director has some new found love for TR all of a sudden, but Top 8 would be much better and more realistic.

I don't think Jessie should get that high. She only has two Pokemon, and compared to the other coordinators who won all 5 ribbons fairly, it feels like she's getting favortism. Top 8 on the other hand would be fine.

I do have to agree, and not because it would be cheap for her character (as in a "slap to every other character" but for the reasons you said.

Jessie only truly won 3 ribbons (which is good, but I guess its their (writers) own fault for cheapening Jessie's Grand Festival run.

And like you said she only has 2 decent Pokemon, and if people really dislike her using James's Pokemon then I'm not sure she deserves to go too far in the GF. Everyone else has at least 6 Pokemon they worked hard to get where they are, trained their Pokemon equally. Just to lose to an overpowered Yanmega and Seviper which has got to be tiring for the Contest audience and the judges, that's got to suck.

BUT ALL AT THE SAME TIME, they screwed themselves over, by making the GF battle round be 32 trainers as well as putting Kenny in the character meat grinder. Dawn is going to battle at least 2 unknown people (3 if she doesn't battle Jessie) , one of them may be the semi finals. It would be kind of cheap for Dawn's semi-final to be easier than Zoey's.

Not sure why I need spoiler tags, but I'll be nice.
And what makes it even worse, Ursula seems to be Dawn's first victim losing in the first contest battle of the episode, unless Jessie is eliminated first by Dawn in the first half of the episode.

And what makes it even worse, Ursula seems to be Dawn's first victim losing in the first contest battle of the episode, unless Jessie is eliminated first by Dawn in the first half of the episode.

That's what happened with Harley in every GF.

While writers toatally screwed themselves with having 32 people pass appeal rounds, there isn't much we can do. Also, skipped battles is not much of problem, both Hoenn and Kanto GF had two appeal rounds whereas Sinnoh had only one. They are already said they have no problems with rushing things with that. If they were to include a COTD for semi-finals they would have made him/her appear already in DP174, a la Anthony, Solidad and Robert and pretty much every other league-only rival. Jessie is the only rival left for semi-finals.

This is what makes me very sad. Urara had my favourite appeal out of all of them... A coordinator that made an evoloution appeal is just plain awesome... Yet the writers are making Urara be the first after Kenny to go! I hope someone else goes first. So overall, I surely agree with you.

Woah, Flareon's kicking butt and being awesome all by itself. And I thought it would just be a prop for Gabite to look good.

While writers toatally screwed themselves with having 32 people pass appeal rounds, there isn't much we can do. Also, skipped battles is not much of problem, both Hoenn and Kanto GF had two appeal rounds whereas Sinnoh had only one. They are already said they have no problems with rushing things with that. If they were to include a COTD for semi-finals they would have made him/her appear already in DP174, a la Anthony, Solidad and Robert and pretty much every other league-only rival. Jessie is the only rival left for semi-finals.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/7788/84940534.jpg

See that guy in the 3rd row and 5th column? He totally looks like semi-finalist material. :p

3rd row 2nd column totally looks like Tracey in drag with a new hair color

As far as surprise semifinalists go, I think the guy in the first row, 8th column is the likelier her suspect... Why bother giving him glasses ? It's a hint, the glasses are a hint. I'm calling it.

He looks shifty... like he's saying, "I'm judging y'all behind my glasses MWAHAHAHA" You can just picture him being shifty...

Also lol at the guy in the bottom row, fourth column, he's got a small head on a big body... :D

Last edited:

This battle looks nice. Sucks Kenny won't be seen though.

I hope Jessie makes the Top 4.

She would have surpassed May and Harley in their first 2 Grand Festivals, and tied with Drew in his 2nd.

She would have surpassed May and Harley in their first 2 Grand Festivals, and tied with Drew in his 2nd.

Which is why Jessie really shouldn't get that far. She's not as good as everyone else, to be blunt.

Oh and was Gible's VA on the list of TvTokyo summary of this episode?

Yep. Though I love Piplup's idea of all this screentime leading up to Piplup's dream coming true. :-D

I think Tomioka had always love for TR but I don't know for sure.

Yeah, he's written some good Rocket stuff in the past. Arbok and Metadogasu's release being the most prominent one.

No, the summery confirmed Hikari and Urara are the first match. Besides, we have three shots unaccounted for. I have a feeling the Megayanma/Habunake pic at the bottom of this scan is from the battle with Hikari since the other two are regular still shots.

And while I agree Musashi going this far doesn't make much sense, she does deserve it considering how long she'd been on the show and doing Contests.

Which is why Jessie really shouldn't get that far. She's not as good as everyone else, to be blunt.

Not strength-wise, but tactic-wise and creativity-wise she is as good as others. Actually she is much more creative than others, though I guess that has something to do with her craziness.

Not strength-wise, but tactic-wise and creativity-wise she is as good as others. Actually she is much more creative than others, though I guess that has something to do with her craziness.

Jessie lost 10 contests this region and won 3. 4 if you count the exhibition one when she used Ash's Aipom.

I think Jessie's gotten better appeal wise, she was able to get all ribbons she needed for the Grand Festival, that's some thing. I'd love it if she got far here, even if she gets beat out by Dawn later on.

But character wise, Jessie deserves validation.

Being on the show for 14 years, it's about time she get a break.

Also, I know this is going way back, but do any of you remember back in AG, when Harley questioned Jessie's position as a coordinator and offered for her to go to Johto, and when she chose Team Rocket, Harley criticized her. I really believe this had a lot to do with Jessie's success today.

By making TOP 4, Jessie would have proved that she's just as good as Harley.

Face it, Jessie is the Lady Gaga of contests.

Are we really complaining about Jessie getting this far and we're totally cool with Dawn winning the GF? Obviously this is a pretty weak field of coordinators this time around.

Are we really complaining about Jessie getting this far and we're totally cool with Dawn winning the GF? Obviously this is a pretty weak field of coordinators this time around.

I don't mind too much.

But it seems very awkward to me. The Grand Festival's are supposed to be tough where everyone is at each others throats....but I'm not feeling that with this one.

Its the first GF without Harley, I guess that's why.

Yep. Though I love Piplup's idea of all this screentime leading up to Piplup's dream coming true.

Arrrgh writers !!!! don't mess this GF up by having Ash train. X(

I have a feeling the Megayanma/Habunake pic at the bottom of this scan is from the battle with Hikari since the other two are regular still shots.

I think it'll be from a skipped battle montage...

And while I agree Musashi going this far doesn't make much sense, she does deserve it considering how long she'd been on the show and doing Contests.

Love Jessie, but her making it to Top 4 is pushing it.

But character wise, Jessie deserves validation.

No. nobody deserves anything, they deserve what they've earned and nothing more.

Face it, Jessie is the Lady Gaga of contests.

No. Just No. Lady Gaga wouldn't be caught dead in that dress.

I think it'll be from a skipped battle montage...

Then what about these two? Wont there just be two skipped battles to get to Top 4? I think it makes more sense that the first scan is from a battle we actually see.

Arrrgh writers !!!! don't mess this GF up by having Ash train. X(

I agree. If Dawn leaves next saga, and Ash doesn't win the League, what was the point.

I think it'll be from a skipped battle montage....

I hope not, the more nicely paced battles, the better. Let me remind you in Rhapsody n Drew, May battled Drew and Harley.

Love Jessie, but her making it to Top 4 is pushing it..

I disagree. It is totally justified. Isn't that what true villians are known for, not playing by the rules.

No. nobody deserves anything, they deserve what they've earned and nothing more..

So, tell me, what did Gible earn for Ash, Gliscor won a badge, but Gible didn't so why is it here? Just an example.

No. Just No. Lady Gaga wouldn't be caught dead in that dress.

Ok, then we'll go with Hannah Montana, since no one knows it's really Jessie under those glasses.

I disagree. It is totally justified. Isn't that what true villians are known for, not playing by the rules.

She did play by the rules though. She got her 3 ribbons fairly, as did Kojiro with his one. And while you can debate about Kojiro getting a win for Musashi, Musashi should've won her 5th in that last Contest. "Hikari" competing wasn't fair at all.

I was also mistaken about that shot of Megayanma and Habunake. That was in the appeal for DP174, so we just have still shots left. Since Hikari isn't present in this one, I bet it'll be first battle round while she's busy with Urara. Then at the end of the episode we get this one showing that they all made it to the Top 4.

Going on the current final 4 info - It'd be much better if Dawn battled Jessie to make the finals instead of a COTDinator.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom