• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP186: Rival Decisive Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Re: DP 186 "Rival Decisive Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

I think this time there trying to throw the fans who don't read spoilers out of the loop here.

They sadly showed Gliscor at the end of this week's episode. The cheap bat is out of the bag now.

Dude, there are two other parts of the battle >_>.

Other pokemon do not interest Gliscor, only those that take away from this match's significance do...

Anyways, I finally watched the preview. While I have to say I am slightly dissapointed with the fact that the move Infernape is using is not Blast Burn

The fact that they're debuting Flare Blitz so early in the battle leads me to think we'll see both Flare Blitz and Blast Burn. Flare Blitz against Aggron. Then throw in Blaze + Flamethrower = Blast Burn debut against Electivire in DP188.

You know I think Infernape will take out Aggron.

We see Pikachu battling Aggron before, I think Pikachu will be switched out for Infernape.

One or two Pokemon are getting no win. My bet is Staraptor and possibly Torterra, honestly.

Ogata is still not good

buoysel.png

But it's hilarious...

But it's hilarious...

My favourite is actually the part Paul raises his hand. He raises it in such an odd way it makes me slightly giggle.

Is there a reason why Flare Blitz is blue?

You know I think Infernape will take out Aggron.

That's what I figure too. Infernape takes out Aggron and Electivire.

One or two Pokemon are getting no win. My bet is Staraptor and possibly Torterra, honestly.

Torterra? Torterra? Wow... You've just crossed over to the ridiculous side. Staraptor could be justified but Torterra?

Actually I think that Torterra might take out Ninjask. Since Ninjask'll porbably use the strategy of flying fast and dodging used by Gliscor against Paul's Torterra in the last full battle (except be far better at it.) To show that Torterra has learned the lessons of DP100 and the Palmer/Bertha matches. Parralel between the two battles, continuity and all... Either that or take out Drapion.

My bets on the wins for the overall match:

- Infernape takes out Aggron and Electrivire
- Gliscor takes out Drapion
- Buizel takes out Gastrodon
- Pikachu takes out Froslass
- Torterra takes out Ninjask (?)

Staraptor gets no win.

They sadly showed Gliscor at the end of this week's episode. The cheap bat is out of the bag now.

Of course we all know its back by now.
But, we don't know what attacks it will use.

- Infernape takes out Aggron and Electrivire

Agreed

- Pikachu takes out Froslass

Agreed

- Buizel takes out Gastrodon
- Torterra takes out Ninjask (?)
- Gliscor takes out Drapion
- Staraptor gets no win.

Buizel and Torterra both get a win, so it'd be either

Torterra beats Ninjask, Buizel beats Gastrodon, Gliscor ties with Drapion.

or

Staraptor beats Gastrodon, Buizel beats Ninjask and Torterra beat Drapion (ground move!!)

with the former being more likely

Why do you think Gliscor is going to tie? You're joking.

Gliscor is going to get a full win and severely damage another.

Is there a reason why Flare Blitz is blue?

Maybe to show how powerful Infernape has gotten. Blue fire is hotter than regular reddish orange fire. Can't wait to see Infernape rock this match out!

Why do you think Gliscor is going to tie?

Cause of the picture that screams tie, cause it's not featured in DP186 where three of Paul's poke are shown and probably two of them are defeated since Ash is supposed to own the beginning of the match. Gliscor takes out Drapion after its fought against a tired Buizel but faints in the process.

You're joking.

Nope

Cause of the picture that screams tie, cause it's not featured in DP186 where three of Paul's poke are shown and probably two of them are defeated since Ash is supposed to own the beginning of the match. Gliscor takes out Drapion after its fought against a tired Buizel but faints in the process.

Nope

I could see how someone could think Gliscor could tie with Drapion. It's almost like that Gengar vs. Lapras scene back in the Orange League.

I'm surprised that we haven't seen a shot of Torterra in this match yet. But we haven't seen shots of Paul's Ninjask either so maybe they're the other match-ups we haven't seen.

If I was Ash I would use that tactic he used Against fantina because it can do a counter attack.

If Gliscor only appears at the tail-end of the ep (which it looks like), its battle with Drapion and whatever comes after should take up the beginning of the next.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

HGOSA.png

^ So I wasn't the only one who thought that when I saw that? lol

Blue Gastrodon is sure interesting. Wonder if its battling style will differ from Cynthia's and Zoey's.

Anyway... there's cheap surrounding Gliscor no matter how you look at it.

What if Ash trains Gliscor in the first half, Gliscor learns a new move, and uses that move to beat a Pokemon of Paul's?

Or Ash trains Gliscor, something unexpected happens and Ash sees a new strategy, and uses that strategy and uses it against Paul and wins?

Would you still consider it cheap, even though it was Ash who was responsible for those two scenarios.

Honestly I would laugh my ass off if it turned out Gliscor was only being trained so it could fly to the Sinnoh League.

I actually hope for the opposite. Gliscor being oaked after this would just cheapen the choice Ash made in the Air Master episode to do what's best for Gliscor.
You don't train with someone for the rest of your life. You learn what the master can teach you, and then you teach yourself the rest. It makes NO SENSE why Gliscor would still need to train Gliscor. If McCann trained Gliscor enough that's all it needs. It doesn't need to stay there forever.

So no it wouldn't cheapen the choice Ash made. Ash didn't GIVE Gliscor to McCann just because McCann was some Gliscor FanBoy, he gave Gliscor to McCann for a purpose, not just because.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom