• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP188: Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

Everyone pray that Paul will compete in the Isshu region as well.The rivals Ash had weren't impressive.

Everyone pray that Paul will compete in the Isshu region as well.The rivals Ash had weren't impressive.

Nah, Paul's story is over. The rivalry will be stale if it continued for year another 200 episodes.

Also with Infernape being Oak'd, there's just no point.

Nah, Paul's story is over. The rivalry will be stale if it continued for year another 200 episodes.

Also with Infernape being Oak'd, there's just no point.
So what do you like. Do you like continuity or do you like freshness?

Getting rid of Paul, never to be seen again, would be the freshness. Doesn't matter how cool or used to we get to characters, once it's a new season, time is up for 'em.

Continuity would be keeping the same stuff over and over again, without any change what so ever. Same characters, same plot.

What if Pokemon was a series that completely changed its characters and plot each time a new one started up? Is that your preference, or do you like that Ash is the central character and forms a cast of people he knows and interacts with?

Its still cheap. And he's not a Frontier Brain or Elite 4 member, so meh.

You know, the E4 had to beat the league to get that status in the first place :/

Are you kidding me? Paul is the best rival ever. But of course, the rivalry should end here so it doesn't get dragged on like Gary's rivalry.
And...wow. Tomorrow the conclusion we've all been waiting for will finally arive.:) It's almost hard to believe, isn't it?

And...wow. Tomorrow the conclusion we've all been waiting for will finally arive.:) It's almost hard to believe, isn't it?

Its more like...we waited 4 years and 200 episodes for this...what a relief.

4 years is a long ass time. At least it was worth the wait.

I just hope the battle ends in an epic mannor, if they wanted to waste 2 1/2 or possibly 3 episodes on this battle the finish had better be worth it.

Exactly. Sure it was a fun ride, but it's certainly good to be here at last.

Judging from the preview alone, it is looking to be one fine conclusion of a battle.

The battle is already leagues beyond Ash Vs. Gary in the Johto league.

It really does show how far the writers have come in terms of battles in the last 8 years.

So how is this going to end? The usual matter with a big explosion and the two pokemon standing still staring at eachother until one falls or Infernape activating Blaze and kicking the shit out of Electivire.

I can't wait to see the look on Paul's face when Infernape goes into Blaze

So how is this going to end?

Infernape dismembers Electrivire!!!

The usual matter with a big explosion and the two pokemon standing still staring at eachother until one falls or Infernape activating Blaze and kicking the shit out of Electivire.

Me thinks that even with Blaze, it'll be close. I'm still pulling for Infernape to learn Blast Burn here, but not as a "He would have lost had he not learned it" but more in a "This is just how strong he is" way.

I can't wait to see the look on Paul's face when Infernape goes into Blaze

Paul: Oh... this again... *shakes head in disbelief*

Me thinks that even with Blaze, it'll be close. I'm still pulling for Infernape to learn Blast Burn here, but not as a "He would have lost had he not learned it" but more in a "This is just how strong he is" way.

It would be funny if what looked like Blaze in the preview was just Infernape using Blast Burn. If Infernape does learn it I'm guessing the power of Blaze will be responsible kinda like how Blaze's power helped it to evolve

Are you kidding me? Paul is the best rival ever. But of course, the rivalry should end here so it doesn't get dragged on like Gary's rivalry.

Why should it end there? Let it continue till it gets boring.

I don't wanna see a loser rival that Ash will battle in the Isshu region.

I thought Drapion would draw with Gliscor

Waah! That shot of Ash and Paul's faces after Gliscor's attack! <3

Electivire looks nasty. Poor Gliscor!
Now Pikachu vs Electivire. Brock has no faith in Ash and Pikachu xD. (Well, he did last longer than I thought he would, anyway.)

OMG! Infernape's underground attack! And the animation is really blowing me away this episode.
Infernape got fried! Now for the annoying moment where time passes too slowly...

Love the music as Infernape gets back up!

Oh wow. Wow. Wow. Those last scenes before electivire falls!!!

Last edited:

A VOLT TACKLE??? Come on pikachu, you GOT to be kidding me...against an ekectivire...

Oh wait, it was according to plan? (motor drive to get electivire to attack him/get him in close range). But he's thunder punched to oblivion.

I like the parallel to their first battle ever. Only this isn't a little elekid we're dealing with.

A VOLT TACKlE??? Come on pikachu, you GOT to be kidding me...against an ekectivire...

Oh wait, it was according to plan? (motor drive to get electivire to attack)
I like the parallel to the first battle. Only this isn't a little elekid we're dealing with.

I thought Ash would've learned about Motor Drive from his battle against Volkners Electivire. How did Thunderbolt manage to knock Gliscor out was it airborne or was it on the ground?

OMG, Infernape is still poisoned? I almost forgot.

Blaze activated...OH GOODDD what is this wonderful music that's playing?
FLAMETHROWER
KAMINARI~~~~

KAMINARI PUNCHI
FLARE DRIVE~~~~

It's too epic, I can't handle this....

...Did electivire just explode?

OMG widescreen on a widescreen

ASH WINS!!!dfasfasdfd

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom