• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP188: Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

I think Paul mentioned that he's going to challenge Brandon again. Guess he's headed for the Kanto Battle Frontier.

Thats good, maybe when we meet him again he'll be a Frontier Brain, he deserves it.

Exactly my point, it didn't wowrk, it was never going to work >.> Motor Drive made Electivire faster, so there was no way in hell Pikachu was going to get a shot in. Ash is an idiot, though he somehow always manages to win.

He did get a shot in, but I think that Ash underestimated Electivire's power. Speed had nothing to do with in in my opinion, he was simply over powered.

And it makes sense, since Pikachu's been in the battle for a while while Electivire is relatively fresh...

Exactly my point, it didn't wowrk, it was never going to work >.> Motor Drive made Electivire faster, so there was no way in hell Pikachu was going to get a shot in. Ash is an idiot, though he somehow always manages to win.

Actually it failed because Electivire was bigger and stronger, not because Electivire was faster.

I mean think about it, Pikachu is a tiny Pokemon compared to Electivire, even without motor drive it still wouldn't have worked. I have to give props to Ash for trying something, but his plan backfired.

Loved Ash hugging Infernape, that was awesome, so was Electivire exploding.

Actually it failed because Electivire was bigger and stronger, not because Electivire was faster.

I mean think about it, Pikachu is a tiny Pokemon compared to Electivire, even without motor drive it still wouldn't have worked. I have to give props to Ash for trying something, but his plan backfired.

Loved Ash hugging Infernape, that was awesome, so was Electivire exploding.

True, I accept your point. Though they did go overboard with the exploding did they not? :p

Man this battle was awesome and well played out. I'm glad gliscor won instead of it being a tie, plus pikachu put up a good fight and infernape dominated with blaze. I think they gave Paul great closure at the end too.

He could have gone to the Orange Islands. :p

lols. Backwater tournaments are beneath him, clearly.

Come to think of it, the Orange Islands hasn't even been namedropped for ages, has it?

So did Infernape learn Blast Burn?

No, his last move was Flare blitz :)

I can't believe Shinji's gone
Four years.
And now he's done for.

This feels unreal...

Wow. This battle was even more epic than I thought it would be. Even though you knew who was going to win, this whole thing was still extremely tense and violent (for Pokemon). The whole ending was just perfect. I loved how Goukazaru's vision was starting to fade, but once it saw Shinji it was able to activate blaze and go crazy. Then that awesome widescreen shot when the battle ended, and the way Satoshi ran after Shinji, and he waved... <3 I'm such a Comashipper now.

Farewell Shinji. You've earned your place as Satoshi's greatest rival ever. You'd better battle him again!

Tomioka, never leave us. <3

Blondie McNewRival has biiiiig shoes to fill, that's all I gotta say.

<3 I'm such a Comashipper now.

Farewell Shinji. You've earned your place as Satoshi's greatest rival ever. You'd better battle him again!

Tomioka, never leave us. <3

;A;

Your comment made me extremely happy. Yeah, the new rival has a bit to do to reach this level of awesome (and since we've had a taste of it, there'll be high expectations *rolls eyes*)

I can't wait to get a translation of some sort of the sunset scene.
Was his bro gonna pick him up? lol.

Last edited:
The sunset scene had me all over the place!

+bonus cute Paul pic because ohmigawsh <3

I'll miss Paul so much T_T

This battle was really good! Ash cooked up a plan, but it failed... at least he tried! That sunset scene with Shinji waving was touching, to say the least;

didn't anyone else notice hat they they finally showed cynthia's hidden eye?

Wait, why Shinji's pokemons are so happy?

(Sorry for english)

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think that Paul's pokemon ever really hated him. In my eyes, this is the part where the "moral" side of the rivalry is concluded.

They were sad when Reggie told them that he lost, but cheered up after he proclaimed that he had a good battle? (something like that, I can't understand it ^^;)

Words can't express the epicness of Infernape. OMG, Infernape was just so awesome in that match!

And it's nice to know Paul's pokemon's reactions to the match. Also, a nice moment between Ash and Paul :)

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom