• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fire in the Garden: Kanto Starters Mafia: Endgame, Bulbasaur Victory

Didn’t see DWs post when I quoted this but even ignoring it. Why would the host ever consider accusing someone as mafia a rule violation? That’s utterly ridiculous.
There have been relatively recent instances where a player has been banned from TWR entirely for outing their mafia team in-thread. It's a reasonable assumption to make, prior to DW's clarification, that this may have been a proactive attempt to prevent this from occurring.

How? Because enjoying the GAME is more important than winning?
He had an opportunity to save himself and chose not to take it. Whether or not he realized that is besides the point. I read it as "welp, I'm out and there's nothing I can do, so I might as well just appear to be friendly."

Also, unrelated to the above, I would like @TheCapsFan to come weigh in on what he thinks of jaison after Dawning's clarification. I might be overthinking it, but considering wissen did not do something clearly in violation of the rules in the thread, they probably did it outside the thread, whatever that means... Still not worth lynching a slot that cannot even talk now, but something to consider, if the wissen-jaison buddies theory can still hold.
In hindsight, after Dawning's clarification, it probably couldn't have held too much water, no.

Had I seen that with enough time to switch, I might've switched over to wissen, but probably would have stuck with my vote as I had already dug my heels in pretty far.

Nah I would be vehemently against voting for wissen's empty slot, give it time to be subbed in and form reads on the new person

What I do regret was not pushing the Raven case more, alas. I know I look kinda bad after this but I will not give scum more reason to throw shade at me before night actions are in and we see if/who dies.

We will have enough time to reassess the situation in day 2, until then I may reply to any questions (in hopes they influence evolved town night actions positively) but not post reads of my own. Scum could choose their kill based on new reads.

What I do regret was not pushing the Raven case more, alas. I know I look kinda bad after this but I will not give scum more reason to throw shade at me before night actions are in and we see if/who dies.
Understandable, if you still consider it necessary during D2 go ahead, I won't object for a number of reasons, one of them is that...
Because I've had a couple people ask: all evolution PMs went out prior to the phase update. This means that if you have not already received a PM for it, you did not evolve.
...I'm definitely still a vanilla according to this post, and I ain't even useful when I have a useful role because I tend to look shady af, so as a vanilla, the only thing useful I can provide is my flip and the analysis you guys can make based on it.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to die or anything and please don't see this as throwing or admitting defeat, because it's not like I've given up. But the thing is, I kinda ran into a brick wall with the speed of a rifle bullet and ended up smashing my face really bad lol.
It's reasonable that you guys have difficulties to trust my slot after what happened and I'm ready to face the consequences if necessary.

But we'll see how things develop during D2 ig

I feel like you, Caps and I all jumped a bit too much on this... But there is not much point in bringing it up again and again yet, scum knows who to kill, if we got any Ivysaurs cops I hope they choose wisely, and we try to decipher the action ourcomes tomorrow.

...I'm definitely still a vanilla according to this post, and I ain't even useful when I have a useful role because I tend to look shady af, so as a vanilla, the only thing useful I can provide is my flip and the analysis you guys can make based on it.
Why'd tell people you're still a vanilla? Assuming this isn't a WIFOM this just increases mafia's odds of killing a power role.

:confused:

I'm unsure as to why jaison was lynched instead of wissen.

If wissen was telling the truth, he'd be mafia himself. If he was lying he's either a troll or mafia pulling a shitty gambit, which is more than enough for a lynch.

Regardless of which faction their behavior leans towards, I am in favor of policy lynching that compromised slot or ask mafia/vigi to shoot them, and save the host the stress of having to go around running in circles asking for someone to sub in. I've had plenty of games inactive/ subbing out compromised the situation for town as we got many players, and I'd like to avoid this here if possible.

I'm unsure as to why jaison was lynched instead of wissen.

If wissen was telling the truth, he'd be mafia himself. If he was lying he's either a troll or mafia pulling a shitty gambit, which is more than enough for a lynch.

Regardless of which faction their behavior leans towards, I am in favor of policy lynching that compromised slot or ask mafia/vigi to shoot them, and save the host the stress of having to go around running in circles asking for someone to sub in. I've had plenty of games inactive/ subbing out compromised the situation for town as we got many players, and I'd like to avoid this here if possible.
It seems like Caps is a scum and is desperate to cut down town members...

Nah I would be vehemently against voting for wissen's empty slot, give it time to be subbed in and form reads on the new person
So it’s okay to lynch someone based on you our conjecture that is actively posting in thread, but not okay to lynch a spot based on your conjecture that is subbing out anyways and had also posted in thread?

Why'd tell people you're still a vanilla? Assuming this isn't a WIFOM this just increases mafia's odds of killing a power role.

:confused:
Everyone can and should claim vanilla unless they actually have something to offer from their role. And of course he could be lying. It’s really not relevant in conjecture with the mafia kill.

So it’s okay to lynch someone based on you our conjecture that is actively posting in thread, but not okay to lynch a spot based on your conjecture that is subbing out anyways and had also posted in thread?

Everyone can and should claim vanilla unless they actually have something to offer from their role. And of course he could be lying. It’s really not relevant in conjecture with the mafia kill.
This specific current empty slot gave us outright troll vibes all the time, so yes. Give it a bit time.

Everyone effectively is claimed vanilla unless stated otherwise. Although we could use an "If I am cop player X is alignment Y" system starting day 2, if you all wish.

Day 2

Well-rested from the night, though wary after their ally's fainting the previous evening, the group of grass types gathered round in the garden, while the fiery lizards lay in wait. One Bulbasaur stepped forward, taking headcount of the others; one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. While some were newly evolved, the entire population of Bulbasaur was present, bar jaison crasta, who was already fainted. The Charmanders hadn't gotten to anyone the previous night; or so it seemed, until one of the Bulbasaurs approached the pond to get a drink, and saw a fainted and scorched Squirtle floating in the water.

The others gathered around, concern washing over them. If the Charmanders had been able to take out Squirtle, then the rest of them would be easy pickings...

dawn dusk has fainted. He was a Squirtle.

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end at 4:00 PM CDT on June 9th.

Back
Top Bottom