• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Good locations for Pokémon!

I hope it will take in place three things: environment(lake, river, etc), region(different parts of the world), and rarity.

Basically it would take your general region to make a massive list, then take different environments like lakes, forests, graveyards, etc. Of course some are rarer, being found in specific places listed(Great Lakes, etc) while some are extremely rare taking lots of luck to find and others are in extremely few locations. Then for legendaries, I want them to be LEGENDARY! Like, you see someone with an entei and you better bow down right away. I want some to be event exclusive like the mewtwo, and maybe some that will began roaming occasionally or be in certain locations

I doubt they will be super well-placed and detailed, however I have a shortlist of Pokemon that need to be where I am. I go to a university in Ohio, and we definitely have some animals adorning our campus that we are well known for and I'd love to see them pop up in Pokemon Go as Pokemon.

-Deerling/Sawsbuck
-Vullaby/Mandibuzz
-Beedrill
-Nincada/Ninjask/Shedinja
-Pachirisu
-Patrat
-Chespin
-Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree
-Zubat
-Venemoth
-Gastly
-Ledyba/Ledian
-Misdreavus
-Stantler
-Wurmple/Beautifly/Dustox
-Maybe even throw in Porygon and Ratatta from computer and psych/science labs.

That's my quick short list haha

Oh boy... there's gonna be nothing but a ton of Miltank and Tauros out here in Texas... although I guess you could find a greater variety around the urban and forested areas.

if stunfisk isn't found buried under the sand at beaches I swear to god I will find masuda and force him to eat 10 pounds of expired key lime pie in one sitting

Hope you can get Palpitoad in Sweden!

Other than that, I suppose we will have forest pokemon here, since we have loads of trees. I can easily see Stantler, Pidgey, Butterfree and such here.

This thing can't be THAT particular on where you live, can it? What happens if I go to a place that is artificially recreated, like a zoo? Would I get stuff that I cannot normally get? The zoo I go to has desert environments, jungle, forest, even an arctic area for the polar bears and penguins.

If not, I can expect to see a lot of rough terrain Pokemon in the mountains. Maybe some urban Pokemon mixed in, as well.

This thing can't be THAT particular on where you live, can it? What happens if I go to a place that is artificially recreated, like a zoo? Would I get stuff that I cannot normally get? The zoo I go to has desert environments, jungle, forest, even an arctic area for the polar bears and penguins.

If not, I can expect to see a lot of rough terrain Pokemon in the mountains. Maybe some urban Pokemon mixed in, as well.

Well maybe Zoos and Aquariums can probably act as real life Safari zones. That way people like me living in land locked areas (Atlanta) won't have to travel to the beach to catch Sharpedo or Africa to catch Pyroar. Lol.

It would be logical if they put each Pokémon type in their appropriate territory. It would be kinda weird to put ghost-type Pokémon at graveyards, but that sounds logical to me. I'm worried to how this will end up, because they would have to take lots of information about each country in brutal detail to make such thing possible or maybe they won't bother at all with such thing since in the trailer Pikachu is found in some narrow street and Charizard at some country-side, and that doesn't make much sense to me.

Obviously Pokemon will be regulated to safe and easily accessible places, such as parks or populated areas.

I think cuter Pokemon or baby Pokemon would be found in parks and such. More nature oriented Pokemon would be found on public nature trails and national parks. Urban Pokemon such as Meowth and Magnemite would be found in urban areas. Basically, Pokemon irl would be found where you'd see them traditionally in a game.

I live in California and there are so many different terrains and locations nearby (e.g., mountains, oceans, deserts, big cities). I like the idea of having it terrain-based so you find Water types at the beach, Rock and Ground types in the mountains, etc. Certain locations could get some of the more random ones, like Mime Jr./Mr. Mime and Swirlix/Slurpuff at amusement/theme parks and Fighting types at gyms/dance/workout studios. I could also see maybe a seasonal thing: Ice types in the winter, Fire types in the summer. And places like airports, where people from all over the world gather, could be utilized like the StreetPass feature on the 3DS: whenever someone passes by someone from somewhere else or who has seen a Pokemon not currently found in the area, it registers it and now they'll be able to find that species in their area. This way, species from around the world can get passed on. Though I'm not sure how that last thing will work just yet...

But there are so many possibilities.

The only obvious choice for me would be Nosepass and Probopass. As theyre based on the Easter Island stone heads, i would be very disapointed if you Couldnt catch them there. I dont live anywhere near there, so id probably never find out, but still.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom