• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hardest Unova Gym?

Hardest Unova Gym?

• Total voters
I thought Skyla gave the most trouble. Usually, my choices are not ideal against Flying-types (for starters, Snivy is my choice of a starter), which is why I thought that Skyla was a bit troublesome for me.

Skyla was the easiest for me in both Black and Black 2, possibly because I had a fast Electric type with me both times. Seeing that her Skarmory in Black 2 (not her lead 'mon, thankfully!) has Sturdy, I started that battle by having another team member use Stealth Rock.

I could understand how you found her hard when you don't have the proper team, though, especially when you started with Snivy (so did I in Black 2). It's all in how prepared you are when you face her.

The gym itself in Black 2 is annoying to traverse, though.

I had 2 tries in Lenora in my Black. Everyone else was easy.
But the gym that gave me the hardest time was Skyla's gym in BW2. I super hate the strong wind that blows you off.
That puzzle just frustrate me so much!

In White it was probably Elesa. I didn't have any potent counters, and THAT PARALYSIS.

In White 2, probably Drayden, because I went in underleveled against a gym leader who I could hit neutrally at best.

Really, people struggled against them? I personally thought they were all jokes. The puzzles were laughable at best too, GF clearly slacked off this time.

Lenora and her Watchog. For a moment, they brought me back to the Whitney's Miltank nightmares. Who said Normal is a "weak" type?

Elesa wasn't hard, she was just annoying.

Clay in W2 beat me once, but only because I made a couple of mistakes that allowed him to set his Excadrill: Unintentionally I made a slow story team, being Electivire and a Quiet Volcarona my fastest pokes. Also, he was lucky with a Metal Claw boost and a couple of Rock Slide flinches.

In Pokémon Black, Lenora hands down was the most difficult gym leader in that game. Though, given that Normal-type Gym Leaders have always been the most difficult to me (Whitney, Norman, etc.) that was par for the course.

In Pokémon Black 2, so far it's a tie between Cheren and Elesa. Although the former was genuinely difficult. It was the first time in years that I actually lost several times against the first gym leader. With Elesa, admittedly I was very sloppy and a bit under-leveled.

Admittedly Cheren was pretty annoying. I wouldn't call him difficult, but he was definitely a pain to deal with, especially when, even with copious amounts of leveling, I still had trouble knocking out his Lillipup before it knocked me out.

In White... probably Elesa. I suppose Lenora was also difficult.

In White 2.... eh, I'm not sure. I think I had the most trouble with Clay, but I don't think I had *too much* trouble with any of them, really.

I had the most trouble with Marlon's Jellicent all because of it's Cursed Body ability, my Pokemon with the type advantages became useless because of it >.<

Drayden in White 2 was a real pain in the rear end. My team couldn't stand up to his dragon danced powerhouses, and I probably had at least 6 goes before I could beat him. I can't think of another leader who's ever given me that much trouble.

I didn't find any of the original Unova gym leaders a particular threat, but on BW2 I made a horrendous error of judgement with Cheren. I'd listened to all these people online who'd played the Japanese version who said 'oh just get a Riolu and Counter him to death!'

Result? Turns out it doesn't work if your opponent spams a power-up move! My Riolu used counter. Cheren used Work Up. My Riolu used counter. Cheren used Work Up. My Riolu used counter. Cheren used Work Up. I realise that I've been a dummy and use quick attack. I hit Cheren exactly once before he streamrollers my entire team.

It was the first in game battle I'd lost in ten years, since Archie beat me in Sapphire. The first frikkin gym too! It still grinds my gears -_-

I thought Skyla gave the most trouble. Usually, my choices are not ideal against Flying-types (for starters, Snivy is my choice of a starter), which is why I thought that Skyla was a bit troublesome for me.

Thanks for reading.
Skyla never gave me a problem; I don't remember having much trouble with her in Black but I can't remember who I used. She was even easier in B2 with my Electivire and my No Guard Golurk as a back-up. Honestly, the Golurk pretty much took care of her--since the big guy had his Dream World Ability he could simply stand there and Rock Slide her to death. That was how I dealt with Elesa's Emolga on B2. One Rock Slide from my Golett took it out.

Of course, if a DW Golett isn't an option, there's always the Move Tutor. An Iron Fist Golurk with Ice Punch can be pretty lethal. Just ask poor Drayden on my copy of Black 2.

In Black, Elesa gave me fits. I had no good counter to her--my Drilbur kept fainting due to its crappy IVs--and although my Boldore could hurt those stupid flying rats, they kept switching off. I was frustrated to the point of pitching my DS at a wall. It was almost the same with Clay; one Hone Claws and he ripped my Black team apart. I only managed to beat him when the Excadrill decided to use Hone Claws for a second time. If he hadn't I would have been completely hosed.

My run-through on White and on Black 2? Completely different story. I grabbed a Golett early on in both games and started EV training the little bugger. Elesa could only watch in horror as her stupid rats couldn't hurt him but he could decimate them. It was the same with Clay as well; Hone Claws didn't help that Excadrill one blasted bit against my sweet Golett's tiny but mighty little fists of fury. Both battles took me under ten minutes, which was a massive change from the nearly thirty minute swearfests that I had dealt with on Black. I get it, GF. This is why you made me wait to get my Riser on Black: GOLETT MAKES THE GAME TOO EASY!

Drayden in White 2 was a real pain in the rear end. My team couldn't stand up to his dragon danced powerhouses, and I probably had at least 6 goes before I could beat him. I can't think of another leader who's ever given me that much trouble.

Drayden was certainly a pain in the sequels. I had to keep switching my team because his Haxorus was causing way too much damage, and I didn't have any Ice-type moves...

I had the most trouble with Clay. Lucario and Growlithe always got OHKOd. Even my Dewott couldn't touch that Excadrill. After an embarrassing number of tries, I finally beat him.

Elesa was actually one of the easiest, in both games. My Blitzle's Lightningrod and my Trapinch's ground typing completely nullified the effectiveness of Volt Switch.

I don't remember them very well, because I lost my copy of Pokemon White. However, from what I remember I found the Electric type gym the hardest. I forget the leader's name...

Cheren was so freakin' hard! His Lillipup murdered my team. It took me three times to beat him.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom