• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Dear God MegaGarchomp! A boost in any of his relevant stats will lead to nothing short of a massacre. It's got no where to go...but up...

7ADwHTK.jpg

Would had been happier if Flygon had one rather than Garchomp. Garchomp is like the last thing you think about when talking about Pokemon receiving upgrades, even with the new Fairy immunity and all.

At the very least its understandable why Mega-evos are only limited to one per team. ;p

From what it looks like, Mewtwo may have two untapped potentials. One with regards to its psychic ability (and more specifically related to sleep since it has Insomnia and learns Hypnosis) and one with regards to its physical ability. Maybe the way Mega Mewtwo transforms, while unlocking one potential, limits another. Obviously the tail in Mega Mewtwo Y migrated to its head to enhance its psychic ability.

If this were the case rather than the theory I posted in the Mewtwo thread, then I could understand more why Mewtwo X is physical while Y is mental. Sleep and especially lack of it is actually sometimes related to death, both symbolically and actually, while physical power and the body are obviously life inclined.

Last edited:
So the first Mega Mewtwo WAS the Mew form, I thought so. It looks way too much like Mew to be the "Mewtwo Mega".

I just wish these mega evolutions focused on Pokemon that need the boost. I don't mind Mewtwo having them because, in my mind, it has definitely revitalised it and brought just how amazing it is back into the fold. But I hope very little legendaries get megas, and that pseudos don't get many more megas.

I was a little disappointed we didn't get to see more mega evolutions this month, but ah well. All will come out in time. Praying for Mega Marowak.

I'd prefer it if Pokemon that have never evolved got regular Evolutions, and for Mega Evolutions to be reserved for those who look "complete", such as final stage Pokemon in a 3 stage line or certain 1-stage and 2-stage lines like Absol and Lucario. Story-wise, I don't mind if something powerful gets a Mega Evolution, because I don't see why something that's already powerful would have less of a chance of having untapped potential compared to something weak. However, practically speaking, more Mega Evolutions should be given to something like Ampharos who, after two evolutions, still falls short compared to others.

Game Freak clearly wants us to strategically Mega Evolve our Pokemon (if the site's comments on Mega Ampharos is anything to go by) but really, if they keep giving Mega Evolution to things that don't even have 400 BST like Mawile, it's entire battle strategy will be dependent on Mega Evolution. If it wasn't for Mawile's new-found immunity to Dragons, I don't even know when it would ever be able to switch in during a battle without sacrificing a teammate.

I really like Mewtwo's X-Mega form. At least his tail isn't on his head. To be honest, I quite haven't warmed up to the Y-Mega form.

I'll definitely be getting Pokemon X

EDIT: I feel that giving a Mega evo to Garchomp was making it overpowered than it already is. Just how much power-ups does that friggin dragon need to get? Sorry for the rant, but Garchomp is already powerful as it is. It doesn't need to be turned into a killing machine by receiving unnecessary upgrades. If anything, the pokemons that could really use some power-ups are getting left out. Like someone said, Flygon getting one would have been MUCH better. (Even as a personal dragon-hater, I'd say Flygon deserves to get a Mega-evo than Garchomp).

Last edited:
Well, we still don't know what stat increases Mega Garchomp will get - all we know is that it gets Sand Force. Granted, it'll probably just get boosted attack (why though), but they could do something odd.

Here's a scary thought to those of you planning on using MegaGarchomp:

If we get a Fairy/Flying type (Togekiss maybe), then unless you teach your MegaGarchomp a non-STAB move, none of your moves can touch it.

Here's a scary thought to those of you planning on using MegaGarchomp:

If we get a Fairy/Flying type (Togekiss maybe), then unless you teach your MegaGarchomp a non-STAB move, none of your moves can touch it.
Considering that typical Swords Dance Garchomp runs three offensive moves, it's going to at least have a Fire move to hit fairies....but if they're a much larger problem than say, Skarmory, Garchomp does learn Iron Head and Iron Tail. I don't imagine many fairies liking that.

Togeren Yeager

Considering that typical Swords Dance Garchomp runs three offensive moves, it's going to at least have a Fire move to hit fairies....but if they're a much larger problem than say, Skarmory, Garchomp does learn Iron Head and Iron Tail. I don't imagine many fairies liking that.

Togeren Yeager

I guess that's going to necessitate using his third attacking move as something non STAB even more than ever now. Still pretty interesting though.

Well, we still don't know what stat increases Mega Garchomp will get - all we know is that it gets Sand Force. Granted, it'll probably just get boosted attack (why though), but they could do something odd.

Sand Stream + Mega Garchomp + Sand Force + Iron Head = End to Fairies

Fairies better pray if Game Freak creates a Mega Excadrill.

If Hydreigon is getting a Mega-evo, I'm going to make sure my team is capable of killing dragons NO MATTER WHAT even if they aren't Fairies.

KILL ALL THE TITANS DRAGONS

Sand Stream + Mega Garchomp + Sand Force + Iron Head = End to Fairies

Fairies better pray if Game Freak creates a Mega Excadrill.

It honestly could have been worse. It could have been Sand Rush. In one Swords Dance, Mega Garchomp does the equivalent of two Dragon Dances in a single turn while having a higher Attack stat than possibly Haxorus and it's maximum speed would be 666.

Still holding out for a Mega Tyranitar with Sand Rush. Honestly, that would beat Mega Garchomp, just have another Sand Stream user (like Hippowdon) and it'll have speeds rivaling Deoxys-S, a boost in SDef from sand, and very likely a boost in physical Attack.

I'm not really feeling Mega Mewtwo X. It's a bit too bulky and muscular for my tastes and the alien vibe doesn't really quite fit it. Neither of its Mega Evolutions look that much like Mew. Mega Mewtwo Y is closer, but not by much. I do not like the idea of giving Garchomp, one of the most overpowered Dragon types, a Mega Evolutions. Seriously, who thought that it needed it? I would have preferred one of the weaker Dragon types like Flygon or Altaria getting a Mega Evolution. Honestly, I would prefer if they saved Mega Evolutions for Pokemon that could really use a boost, for those that are already at the third stage that aren't already ridiculously broken and for those that are at a two stage but don't really need a traditional evolution. I don't mind Mewtwo getting two Mega Evolutions as much since, while it's already strong on its own, it's more of a gimmick by having a Legendary Pokemon gain a Mega Evolution and having version exclusives could also tie into the storyline. Garchomp is one of the last Pokemon that actually needed a Mega Evolution and that is rather annoying.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom