• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most underrated Pokemon?

No love for Vespiquen? Sure, it has bad typing and a slower Speed stat than Combee, but its defenses are incredible as well as its Attack, Heal, and Defend Order moves.

Tropius
ajJTAQz.jpg

Tropius has an interesting design. And though it may have below average stats, it's still a decent Pokemon to have in a team if you plan on playing the game for pure fun (no competitiveness).

Both garbodor and trubbish. I like them, and they had an interesting personality in the anime. Pretty much all the newer pokemon are underrated by the genwunners.
Muk is also underrated, I don't hate it. Sure, garbodor is more creative, but why give all the hate to muk?

Here are some just from the first few generations...I could go on and on if I went through gen 5...
- Arbok

- Vileplume

- Victreebel

- Rapidash

- Sandslash

- Nidoran family

- Golduck

- Dewgong

- Marowak

- Hypno

- Seaking

- Xatu

- Ariados

- Sunflora

- Granbull

- Donphan

Top 4 I would say for the first 2 generations would be Omastar, Tauros, Sudowoodo, and Kingler.

Dunsparce, Arbok, Qwilfish, and Basculin. Dunsparce is the undisputable king of flinch-hax, I've used Arbok in competitive battling with great results, Qwilfish is freakin' deadly on a rain team, and you do not want to be on the recieving end of a Basculin's Aqua Tail, especially if it has Adaptability.

With a mustache.

YES to all of these.

The most underrated Pokemon? Simisage. It can utilize the great and deadly Acrobatics+Flying Gem technique and do it before anyone else gets a move in, its Grass-type can beat the crap out of Rain and Sandstorm teams and take advantage of Sunny Day, AND it looks and acts like Elvis on PCP without the singing voice and all in green. How do you get more awesome than that?

Emolga. Yeah, I know the Pika clones aren't the best, but Emolga can be a little monster to deal with if you aren't prepared for it.

I think a lot of the Gen 3 pokemon seem to be forgotten in comparison to other gens. Breloom is probably one of my favorite pokemon out of that generation. When I had it on my team in Emerald it was my ace and it helped me through a lot of rough spots. I'll admit I haven't battled with it since Emerald, but I still think it's a cool pokemon, and I love its design.

I think Flygon, Arceus, Manectric, Crobat, and Golem.
Flygon:This guy/girl is amazing, beautiful design, great stats, and low amount of weaknesses. It can learn pretty good attacks, and it can just be a great Pokémon in your team.
Arceus:Arceus is the strongest Pokémon, but because many people say that Mew was the true Pokémon God, people hate on Arceus and care for Mew more.
Manectric:I just don't see much people liking this Pokémon or even talking about him/her. Manectric has great Speed and Sp. Atk. and good moves.
Crobat:A very fast Pokémon, but sadly has 4 weaknesses, but atleast not effected by Ground, which is what Poison types also are weak to. As well does it have the highest total of stats of all Poison type Pokémon.
Golem:Sadly has a lot of weaknesses, but has pretty good stats and moves to learn
There might be a lot of underrated Pokémon, some are just by looks, not power. Or maybe because how weak and mostly a waste of space.(For an example, Unown)

magikarp everyone underestimates him. He has the best movepool learning tackle flail and splash ( splash is for coverage)

I think a lot of the Gen 3 pokemon seem to be forgotten in comparison to other gens. Breloom is probably one of my favorite pokemon out of that generation. When I had it on my team in Emerald it was my ace and it helped me through a lot of rough spots. I'll admit I haven't battled with it since Emerald, but I still think it's a cool pokemon, and I love its design.

If it helps, Breloom is one of the most feared Pokemon in competitive play. Mach Punch+Technician=scary.

I feel as though Cacturne can be underrated. But not as much as Mightyena. Two dark types that hone some great advantages

Cacturne- One of few Pokemon that know Needle arm and a Cacturne in a sandstorm is a menace in battle with his ability. This scarecrow can live up to it's name if you play it counter defensive or evasive offensive. Not to mention a crap load of possible moves it can learn. (I kinda think the pokemon is bad*** too :))

Mightyena- Same as the ending latter. Mightyena is normally looked at as a grunt Pokemon that barely can in battle but this give more room for strategy (has a good buff in gen V). Take a look at it's egg and tutor moves and you'll see what i mean

Gorebyss. I have one in my White 2 game I sent over from my old Black game, best special attacker I've ever had. I don't really care about stats though, I just train anything I like.

Rampardos - it has an awesome Attack stat, but nobody uses him ;_;

Thank you!

Where is the love for rampardos? There was a lot of hype pre-release but did he really disappoint everyone that much? A rock polish or choice scarf lets him outspeed many unboosted pokemon and with a max attack of 471 its attack doesn't need more boosting to charge through teams with little that could switch in without a sacrafice. Mold breaker makes levitate users vulnerable to a powerful earthquake among other uses.

The lable "glass cannon" is given to him frequently and if pure power is all your team needs then yes, recoil takes it out quickly. If recoil is not your thing he has much more versatility than just hit hard and die young. Sheer force lets him use his diverse move pool. Rock slide hits like a stone edge but with better accuracy and pp and that's without the free life orb boost. Coming off that attack stat that will still hit hard and with no recoil. Zen headbutt and crunch get similar boosts and help with coverage. How about a special sweeper for an added surprise? Thunderbolt, ice beam, fire blast, focus blast all get the double bonus taking out what the opponent thought would wall. If allowed to get momentum there is little that can stand against him.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom