• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review New OP and ED "Become an Arrow! 2013" & "Sakura-Go-Round!"

They went back to the Kanto motto, and they're paired with Looker in the opening making it look like they're on the road to redemption.
The recent episode showed no hint of a redemption arc. As for working alongside Looker, they've done it before for selfish reasons. Plus, they could keep helping Looker arrest villains all over the world.

The point is there's no old character montage. This is actually the first generation where Misty did not get an appearance in one of the openings. She was in a few of the AG openings and in High Touch. I knew this would happen, and I guess its safe to say there will be no cameos from older companions.
Isn't the lesson to gain that there's no link between an appearance in the opening and the real chance of appearing in the anime?

I certainly hope the opening isn't conclusive on who appears - Bianca, Georgia and Burgundy especially - I fully expect them all to reappear, but they aren't in the opening. This opening is extremely tightly focused on the main storyline - there's almost nothing that is in it that we can't point to an episode about.

It doesn't seem that Zekrom, Kyurem, the Shadow Triad or any of the six sages will appear in this arc, which is really odd considering that the writers need all the material they can get to do something worthwhile in 8-9 months.

I kind of expected Kyurem and the Six Sages to get the shaft (especially the former since neither Rayquaza or Giratina got a tv debut in their respective villain arc), but the Shadow Triad surprises me since they're pretty important in BW2. Zekrom I get the feeling it will still appear since it did have a couple minor appearances beforehand and they could pull a BW and have it show up at the last minute. Besides, I can't see them completely screwing over one mascot for the other.

Speaking of Reshiram, from the intro it looked like it was under Ghetsis' control, is it possible that they're giving it Kyurem's BW2 storyline on top of being N's choice?

Last edited:
I died of feels when I saw Team Rocket scenes from the OP <3

And why yes, I posted this post just to see how my sexy avatar looks in the forums.

The point is there's no old character montage. This is actually the first generation where Misty did not get an appearance in one of the openings. She was in a few of the AG openings and in High Touch. I knew this would happen, and I guess its safe to say there will be no cameos from older companions.
Isn't the lesson to gain that there's no link between an appearance in the opening and the real chance of appearing in the anime?

I certainly hope the opening isn't conclusive on who appears - Bianca, Georgia and Burgundy especially - I fully expect them all to reappear, but they aren't in the opening. This opening is extremely tightly focused on the main storyline - there's almost nothing that is in it that we can't point to an episode about.

Why would the BW rivals appear? They've all been wrapped up via the league.

And it does point a sign given Dawn was in the last opening. We're likely not getting any other older cameos this arc.

And it does point a sign given Dawn was in the last opening.
So was Tracey. Sure their appearance might increase their chances of appearing, but I'd highly doubt that the major characters/rivals missing from the new opener means none of them will appear - sure characters like Misty are extremely unlikely, but I can't imagine that there's enough content in Episode N to fill 30 episodes without doing anything with the Unova rivals. And I still don't think two flashbacks will be the whole cameo for Brock.

I thought it was pretty well done, actually. It was cool seeing the gang in the grey lighting and the Beartic fight was pretty well animated.
More importantly though, I'm extremely excited for these two:
tumblr_mgrp4ueGIO1r2en1ko4_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of Reshiram, from the intro it looked like it was under Ghetsis' control, is it possible that they're giving it Kyurem's BW2 storyline on top of being N's choice?
We know that N encountered Reshiram (and Zekrom) in the past, so we won't get an adaptation of Black and White. It does seem that Reshiram is filling Kyurem's role for whatever reason (probably just to make Charizard's battle look more impressive). I doubt that Reshiram and Zekrom will battle each other.

They went back to the Kanto motto, and they're paired with Looker in the opening making it look like they're on the road to redemption.
They've always helped Handsome, they like him since he gave them that bento, so I don't see why that would mean they're going to redeem themselves.

It doesn't seem that Zekrom, Kyurem, the Shadow Triad or any of the six sages will appear in this arc, which is really odd considering that the writers need all the material they can get to do something worthwhile in 8-9 months.

I kind of expected Kyurem and the Six Sages to get the shaft (especially the former since neither Rayquaza or Giratina got a tv debut in their respective villain arc), but the Shadow Triad surprises me since they're pretty important in BW2. Zekrom I get the feeling it will still appear since it did have a couple minor appearances beforehand and they could pull a BW and have it show up at the last minute. Besides, I can't see them completely screwing over one mascot for the other.

Kyurem was in the previous OP clips, and he never appeared in the actual anime... XDD;; So it could be other way around this time.

omg

Without a doubt, this was definitely my favorite opening yet. Never have I seen a Pokémon opening be that intense, being filled with so much action and awesomeness.

Ash Vs. Cheren, Concordia and Anthea, awesome TR scenes (since they thankfully didn't go back to their old awful selves, I can start liking them again now <:), PLASMA AWESOMENESS OMG BLASTING THAT SKYSCRAPER, awesome battles (Mienshao Vs Oshawott was so OUMF), Looker and TR co-operating, Charizard and Reshiram being beasts... Yeah, there was just so much awesomeness with this opening. Even though I liked both of Best Wishes' previous openings, I never really felt like they were especially spectacular or anything like that, but then this shit came and blew away every previous opening that I've seen. It is that good.

I was surprised to see N being with Iris and Cilan during Ash's battle against Cheren though, does that mean that he'll encounter the gang once again in that episode, or that he'll join them in the episode before (despite seeing how he actually seemed to be saying farewell to them in previews)? Seeing how he didn't seem to be in the Locker Vs. Colress episode, I didn't think he'd join the gang until some time.

The ending was really cute. The song I was perfectly fine with, but it was really the scenes that got me the most. BABY N IS ADORABLE~
Hopefully this means that we'll actually get some episodes featuring his childhood.

Overall, I'm really, really pleased with both the ending and the opening. This saga is surely going to be great.

Up until the end, the Opening was really low-effort...barely any actual animation, stock footage being used, etc.

But once Pikachu began fighting Beartic, and we had stuff like Boldore firing off attacks, it got a bit cooler.

EDIT: I was also wondering if the X/Y Starters were going to pop up as cameos, thought that would've been cool.

GAH! They're recycling the fly-by! :eek:

Nice to see they keep finding ways to recycle elements from that 2-parter. (Let's just hope that seismic wave super weapon stays on the cutting room floor...)

Also, this all looks really cool! Let's just hope the actual episdoes will come close.

Though I doubt the Genesect Gang will actually show up...

Though I'm NOT looking forward to TR & Handsome teaming up. TPCI's probably getting their box of god-awful puns ready as we speak... :dead:

This opening almost looks like something I would write. Pokemon wars. They have yet to impress me, though. This week's ep was disappointing, but I didn't expect the plot to really get going until the next ep anyway. The ending really irritates me, though. Mostly because of all the focus on N. I'm going to despise him pretty soon, I wager.

Though I'm NOT looking forward to TR & Handsome teaming up. TPCI's probably getting their box of god-awful puns ready as we speak... :dead:
I don't think so because they're still fucking boring. There won't be any chances for awful puns now. Or well, I don't watch the dub, aside from the Nyasu arc, did they talk in puns during BW?

The presence of stock footage from the anime (the Oshawott scene seems to be from his battle against Paliptoad way back when) and the fact that most of it references events we already know will happen within the first few episodes (mainly Cheren, and the battle against Colress's brainwashed Pokemon) makes me wonder if this is even the final opening. It's possible it'll change over the course of the arc. Either that, or Episode N is going to be a lot shorter than we're all expecting, and the OP's animation is going to be completely replaced for the next arc at some point.

wait a tick, where are people getting this idea that gardevoir is N's mother? (if anything, darumakka is his mother......) did I miss something?? just because it's in the ending doesn't mean much??? a lot of non-unova pokemon are showing up now in bw2!

no really if i'm just being stupid and i missed a major plot point somewhere please tell me.

Nice opening, and a cutesy ending. Cheren looked cool, and so did Charizard. Charizard and Dragonite seemingly dancing together was amusing, and somewhat OOC for them lol.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom