• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Gen V Pokemon to be absent from Isshu

^Nobody knows but hopefully it will not require two systems and maybe we like put our Trainer ID and Location in and so we can take any Pokemon that the DPPTHGSS user puts on WiFi. That would work, but they'd have to complicate it to avoid exploitation problems.

And what should we be doing for the next two years, if not three? There are 493 "old" Pokémon; how many of them should we have to transfer from Generation IV? Diamond and Pearl only required 90 from the GBA games.

I'm quite sure there will be "old" Pokémon in these games too. I'm willing to bet that Pikachu, Tentacool, Geodude, Magikarp, Zubat and their evos are returning.

I personally expect at least one surprise on the common annoyance plane. If they're making such a big deal on the new region being this foreign place, they'll at least give us one break. I personally expect no Zubat this time around.

Very exciting news to me, completely new adventure :D

I'm quite sure there will be "old" Pokémon in these games too. I'm willing to bet that Pikachu, Tentacool, Geodude, Magikarp, Zubat and their evos are returning.
It doesn't change the fact that its still a small fraction of the old population.

But we don't know what Gamefreak considers to be a small fraction now that we have 493 in the ranks.

Pikachu is returning. Seriously, who thought he wouldn't? He's the mascot of the series!

This and many other facts, relevant to the games, may not translate into the anime at all. Either way I'm fine with it. When I get my copy of 'White' all I'm gonna want Is new Pokemon anyway.

All we need in the Regional Dex is the Pikachu line (which is basically a requirement), and the Pokemon who receive new pre-evos and evos this time around.

You'd think people would be happy not to use the same Pokemon every time.

I see R/S remakes on the horizon. No GBA slot in the DSi or 3DS is really pushing toward it and this info.

i;m actually kind of glad. a restart every couple of gens is a nice change. but i hope that we can at least trade

I think some nonlegendary Pokemon from older generations would be in the Safari Zone in the upcoming Generation V games.

You'd think people would be happy not to use the same Pokemon every time.

I see R/S remakes on the horizon. No GBA slot in the DSi or 3DS is really pushing toward it and this info.

You say "You'd think people would be happy not to use the same Pokemon every time." but then you want R/S remakes.

Am I the only one that sees the contradiction here?

Plus there's all those non-4th gen legendaries that you can get on HeartGold and SoulSilver alone. You don't really have to depend on the GBA games to catch them so much.

So this means that Pokemon like Zubat, Geodude and Tentacool will be absent, and that there will be Isshu counterparts to them?

I doubt this. Every region contains pokémon that's been through from the first gen. Geodude, Zubat and Pikachu are great examples of this.

Anyway this really gets me mad. For a start I don't want a third version! If they have good ideas put them on the first two versions. Because I'm sick of going back over regions.

If it's anything like diamond and pearl then I'm also not happy. What sort of electric gym leader uses a water type and normal type in their team?! Or a steel/ground type in a fire elite four? Combined with yet another normal type and a ghost and flying?! That is utter crap. Platinum made up for this by adding Pokémon from other regions and suddenly the teams made sense.

If they don't have anough Pokémon of one type then it's going to end in disaster. Seriously it will. I like what I've seen so far and I hope they don't spoil it.

Fianly a second region would be awesome too. Aslong as its not Hoen.

This sucks, now how am I supposed to get my obligatory magmortar? lol I'm sure the game will be great either way.

You say "You'd think people would be happy not to use the same Pokemon every time." but then you want R/S remakes.

Am I the only one that sees the contradiction here?

Well, to be fair he merely observed that there are intimations that remakes are on the way. not that he wants them himself.

Personally, I'd be glad to see a fresh start...between me and my brother, we have two DS's so nothing will really stop me from getting my pokemon from IV to V.

I find the comparisons to Gen III slightly puzzling. A third of the Hoenn dex was made up of Pokemon from Gens I and II.

I'm not sure how much we can read into it at this point. It does imply a regional dex largely made up of new Pokemon, but that doesn't mean old ones won't be catchable somehow - Sinnoh had a small regional dex, but nearly every prior Pokemon was somehow available.

It also, for some reason, made me think of Orre. Orre was a region where next to no Pokemon could be found in the wild, but Pokemon were certainly obtainable via other means.

Back
Top Bottom