• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Gen V Pokemon to be absent from Isshu

Aren't most of our Fire Pokemon like that though? An echinda, chicken, monkey, horse, dog, tortoise, pig, camel, duck (?), and slug are all animals that usually aren't associated with fire.

You know, that's a good point. I'm slow. Also it's funny how a few of those are animals of the Chinese zodiac. Btw, what's the duck fire-type Pokemon?

You know, that's a good point. I'm slow. Also it's funny how a few of those are animals of the Chinese zodiac. Btw, what's the duck fire-type Pokemon?

You know, when I was typing them up, I noticed they were from the zodiac too. If you count Charizard as a dragon, and Cyndaquil as a rat, all we need is an ox, tiger, rabbit, snake, and sheep.

But yeah, I'd like them to move out of that range a bit when it comes to Fire-types. Why not take a page from Grass's "Mushrooms are plants...eh, close enough!" rhetoric and make some Fire-types based off of things like microwave radiation and nuclear fission?

Also, back to that picture of the settai...even though people have noticed different names for the starters (a weird mistake for someone to make if they were pulling it off as fake), early settai for DP someone found lists Paul and Johanna under different Japanese names too so I figure it's early names or something. I remember PBR data files had nicknames listed for some Pokemon, so maybe the animators use them too. After all, it's not like them or the settai are meant to be seen really.

Magmar's based on the booby, which kinda looks like a duck but isn't

A Booby is a seabird that's about as closely related to ducks in the same way that humans are closely related to horses (Only in that they belong to the same class).

Magmar isn't really a booby despite the Japanese name. The fact that they are in the humanshape egg group and that they resemble a dinosaur leads me to believe that Magmar's family is more based on the personification of fire itself, rather then a fire-breathing animal that most fire types are.

It's family and Heatran are they only fire types not directly based on any animal.

Well....
I guess what's most likely to happen is we're gonna have a lot of Pokémon similar to ones from previous generations, and a lot of older Pokémon would be found in the Safari Zone or Post-E4, as well as the series mainstays (Pikachu, Zubat, Geodude, Tentacool, Magikarp, etc.) filling their usual roles.

if that's true then.....no more zubats to drive me insane! HALLELUJAH!

The Pikachu evolutionary line being present is practically a given in every main series game.

I will admit, they are doing their utmost to advertise the new mons. Perhaps Ditto will not be in this game and that's why we were told to grab a ditto to transfer to HGSS.

well, it would be neat if there was, like, a 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 ration of new to old in the Isshu Dex.
But there are essentials.

Magikarp
Gyarados
Pichu
Pikachu
Raichu
Zubat
Golbat
Crobat
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Heracross
Wingull
Pelipper

If the rumors are true and we get 150 new Pokemon, 30 older ones would give us a 180-Pokemon strong Isshu Dex. Which is a 5 to 1 ratio, I think. Just add 8 more to the above list and we're set.

If that's the case, what's stopping people from trading their team full of really high leveled Pokemon, from say HG/SS, right at the beginning, and blowing through the game?

Unless it'd be something that'd automatically revert the traded Pokemon to their first forms, at Level 5?

If that's the case, what's stopping people from trading their team full of really high leveled Pokemon, from say HG/SS, right at the beginning, and blowing through the game?

Unless it'd be something that'd automatically revert the traded Pokemon to their first forms, at Level 5?

Restrictions? Maybe you can only transfer Post-National Dex.

Well, the first post of this thread said this:

"Though it also seems that we'll be able to trade our favourite Pokemon from Gen IV titles from the start, unlike Gen III. Based on the screenshots and information released regarding Zorua and Zoroark, and the methods of obtaining them."

Obviously it's not confirmed, so that's why I said "if it's true".

But yeah, some restrictions will probably be in place.

Just bringing this back up based on the leaked anime picture being confirmed.

One of the main guys on it has an umbreon. Would be a rather odd choice if Umbreon isn't available in Isshu, so maybe the restrictions aren't that strict? Maybe there are Eevees there? (There better had be!)

If Hoenn didn't get rid of them, I doubt these guys will. They've become a staple annoyance in the series.

Zubat
Goldeen
Magikarp
Tentacool
Geodude
Pikachu (Although it's possibly obtainable in every generation, there's a few examples of Pokemon that seem like Pikachu clones :XD:, like Pachirisu and Plusle+Minun)

I wouldn't put stock into what a random Anime character has. We had tons and tons of old Pokemon show up in Hoenn during AG, even if you couldn't get them in the games.

Just bringing this back up based on the leaked anime picture being confirmed.

One of the main guys on it has an umbreon. Would be a rather odd choice if Umbreon isn't available in Isshu, so maybe the restrictions aren't that strict? Maybe there are Eevees there? (There better had be!)

Eevee's being in Isshu as one of the very few non Gen V Pokemon would make a certain kind of sense, especially if there were new evolved forms of it.

Back
Top Bottom