• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Black & White Title Announcement Thread #2

Re: Official New Dub Episode Title Announcement Thread 2

BW030: Dragon Masters Path!

Source: Cartoon Network.com

August 6th.

I don't understand that title. It isn't even grammatically correct; Dragon Masters' Path would be better.

EDIT: It's alright, I just found out that it was Playerking making the error, and that the actual title is Dragon Master's Path.

BW031: Oshawott's Lost Scalchop!
BW032: Cottonee in Love!
Source TVMSN

Almost perfect translations, I love them!

Source TVMSN

"The Lost Hotachi! Mijumaru's Greatest Disaster!!"-Oshawott's Lost Scalchop!
"A Monmen in Love Rides the Wind!"-Cottonee in Love!

Near Perfect translations. Shortened down a bit, but perfect near translations.

Last edited:

If they were perfect, then they wouldn't be shortened down....

Seems they've run out of ideas and opted for the (partially) literal translations...this won't last long...

Source TVMSN

Am I the only person who prefers puns instead of literal translations?

If they were perfect, then they wouldn't be shortened down....

Eh, I don't think they really need to be perfect. Long-winded titles that merely describe the events of an episode may be the norm in Japanese, but you only have to look at DBZ Kai's title card readings to see how awkwardly foreign it sounds when kept in a dub.

The puns may be corny, but only a few really obscure puns or overworked titles (e.g. 'Dealing With a Fierce Double Ditto Drama!') sound as bizarre as something like "The Missing Scalchop! Oshawott's Biggest Crisis Ever!!" when translated into English.

Its kinda weird how many complains about the titles being simply translated Japanese titles now... before Black and White, people complained that the titles were almost only puns... well alot of people did... so what should they do next if nothing is good enough for you? XD

Also, I like them because its simply translations... ;b

I'd prefer complete translations; nowadays, I prefer the Japanese titles to the dub titles, while before Best Wishes, it was the other way round.

I would've preferred "Aim to Be a Dragon Master!" for BW27, but that, obviously, was unlikely. Still a good title, though.

As for BW28 and BW29... they're alright.

I stopped liking the Japanese titles when they starrted becoming longer.

I'm really glad they're starting to go the translation route.

I stopped liking the Japanese titles when they starrted becoming longer.

Correction: The Japanese titles were always generally long. For example, EP014 is: Electric Shock Showdown! Vermillion Gym.

And that's still shorter than some dub titles like "One Team, Two Team, Red Team, Blue Team!", "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt"

Don't forget about "Dealing With a Fierce Double Ditto Drama!"

And did I say someone hear "Four Roads Diverged in a Pokemon Port!"? Besides those few long dub titles, most Japanese titles are long and usually have two segments to the title separated by exclamation marks.

Maybe they are referencing the movie Shakespeare in Love. That might be stretching it a little

BW033: A UFO for Elgyum
BW034: Ash and Trip's Third Battle

Ash and Trip's third battle? Really?

Source: TVMSN

Lmfao at BW034's title xDD. I do like the simpler, less pun filled titles, but that has to be one of the most flat, uncreative dub titles ever. LOL

Last edited:

Agreed, now they are just getting plain lazy. What's next? Ash gets Palpitoad and Cilan gets Stunfisk!

I feel ashamed. Elgyem is spelled wrong, but that title is cool. I love it.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom