• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pocket Monsters Best Wishes" - coming this fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Pocket Monsters Best Wish" - coming this fall!

The man with the Umbreon is likely the father of this girl. He looks similar to her too.

I bet he is like what Johanna was to Dawn. This girl will probably only have a father and no mother.

The father? I still think he seems like a drunk/lazy person more than a father (keeping this idea. haha.)

Edit: But then again if he helped in the process of making . . . that girl. Then I guess some people could be correct.

witcha.png

Best Witch!

White > Witch-girl. I was really looking forward for White in the anime... I don't really want so see this witch for like 200 eps.
I hope the writer give us a REALLY GOOD explanation for this.

White > Witch-girl. I was really looking forward for White in the anime... I don't really want so see this witch for like 200 eps.
I hope the writer give us a REALLY GOOD explanation for this.

10 bucks says all the people who are hating on her now will end up taking it all back if she turns out to be better than all of Ash's previous companions. I'll call "hypocrite" on 95% of the board if that happens XD.

Maybe the new novelty (like contests) in gen 5 is pokemon withcraft and wizardry.

10 bucks says all the people who are hating on her now will end up taking it all back if she turns out to be better than all of Ash's previous companions. I'll call "hypocrite" on 95% of the board if that happens XD.

I would only end up liking her if she has a decent storyline and/or reason to be traveling with Ash. I really don't have a favorite female companion as it is. They are all equal to me.

\ She looks like an action girl or a person who's been training with Pokemon her whole life or something, while May and Dawn looked like freakin' newbies. Get over her damn hair people, this character isn't all that bad.

I sure hope you're joking. There's a 99% chance this girl will be a beginning trainer just starting her journey like May and Dawn.

I do think that we should wait till we know this girl's personality. There is no point in making too much judgement about her know. The design may be unusual compared to the rest but I could imagine it being worse.

Anyway, Best Wish is a weird title but I'll grow to like it.

So... that picture was the real deal... yeah...

I'm not super enthused by new girl's look but I'll give her a shot. Hopefully, her personality'll be good.

The other silouhette does look like Vincent/Harrison... I wonder if he'll be a rival or part of the main cast.

First thought when I saw the old guy was: "A Mexican? Seriously?" lol. Not like I really care, Pokemon never really disappoints me.

I sure hope you're joking. There's a 99% chance this girl will be a beginning trainer just starting her journey like May and Dawn.

No, I'm not. She looks like she's experienced in Pokemon, like I said in the other thread, a child prodigy of sorts ala Tate and Liza. And I don't know why you have it in your head that just because she's travelling with Ash she's "starting her journey." Misty traveled with Ash and she was a Gym Leader, meaning she was obviously an expert with Pokemon since she started her with him.

Plus, she's obviously not White from the games, who actually does start her journey in the games because she's a protagonist from the games. Same for May and Dawn. They were actual player characters in the games so it'd make sense for them to start from scratch in the anime as well.

Plus, she's obviously not White from the games, who actually does start her journey in the games because she's a protagonist from the games. Same for May and Dawn. They were actual player characters in the games so it'd make sense for them to start from scratch in the anime as well.

This is true. If she starts in the home town, it wouldn't make any sense.

No, I'm not. She looks like she's experienced in Pokemon, like I said in the other thread, a child prodigy of sorts ala Tate and Liza. And I don't know why you have it in your head that just because she's travelling with Ash she's starting her journey.

If she's a main girl traveling with Ash, it makes more sense to see her developed from the ground up as a beginning trainer. Especially if she's going to introduce some new secondary quest.

Misty traveled with Ash and she was a Gym Leader, meaning she was obviously an expert since she started her with him.

What? Since when was Misty an expert trainer? Ash pretty much beat her as early as episode 7 and her sisters were in charge of the Gym back then, not Misty. You're honestly going to tell me Misty gave off the vibe of an experienced trainer in Kanto? Are we watching the same show? She didn't become strong the Gym leader fully till after she left.

And again, why are you comparing Misty to May/Dawn/BW girl? They're intended to be co-stars, Misty wasn't a beginning trainer for the same reason Brock wasn't, they were support characters.

They were actual player characters in the games so it'd make sense for them to start from scratch in the anime as well.

Doesn't mean this girl won't be a beginning trainer too.

Remember when a lot of people thought Dawn wouldn't be a beginning trainer because that's what May was and that would be a "rehash"? lol

If she's a main girl traveling with Ash, it makes more sense to see her developed from the ground up as a beginning trainer. Especially if she's going to introduce some new secondary quest.

Not really. Ever heard the saying "the world is a big place?" If you're going by what you think would make more sense, allow me to do the same then. I say she's probably a girl who's never been outside her hometown, but has been battling with Pokemon ever since she was little. If that male in the sketches is her father then he would let her travel with Ash. Somewhere along the way the introduce Isshu's secondary quest equivalent to Pokemon Contests and she becomes interested in them. See that? She's a good trainer, but she also gets interested in the secondary quest. See? Still makes sense. Besides, Brock was a Gym Leader/experienced trainer and still got interested in the Pokemon Breeding deal, so that point is moo~ty moot moot :).

What? Since when was Misty an expert trainer? Ash pretty much beat her as early as episode 7 and her sisters were in charge of the Gym back then, not Misty. You're honestly going to tell me Misty gave off the vibe of an experienced trainer in Kanto? Are we watching the same show? She didn't become strong the Gym leader fully till after she left.

IDGAF. Misty held the title of Cerulean City Gym Leader which donates her skill using Water Pokemon. That still says something. Why you're using what episode Ash beat her as a point, only God knows. A Gym Leader is a Gym Leader; Misty was still experienced with Pokemon. My point still stands.

And again, why are you comparing Misty to May/Dawn/BW girl? They're intended to be co-stars, Misty wasn't a beginning trainer for the same reason Brock wasn't, they were support characters.

Um, no. They were all "co-stars."

Doesn't mean this girl won't be a beginning trainer too.

Also doesn't mean she will be. But don't be surprised if she isn't.

I must say, I'm absolutely loving the Anti-Iris thing going on here just because she isn't White/seemingly just as or more attractive/better designed than White, XDDDDD. You guys are such haters, :lol:.

She's a good trainer, but she also gets interested in the secondary quest. See? Still makes sense. Besides, Brock was a Gym Leader/experienced trainer and still got interested in the Pokemon Breeding deal, so that point is moo~ty moot moot :).

We'll see. I'm still betting she's another beginning trainer though.

Misty held the title of Cerulean City Gym Leader which donates her skill using Water Pokemon. That still says something. Why you're using what episode Ash beat her as a point, only God knows. A Gym Leader is a Gym Leader; Misty was still experienced with Pokemon. My point still stands.

Misty was already a trainer when we met her, but she was hardly experienced. She lost most of her battles in Kanto, couldn't control her Psyduck, and had very little battle screentime. and it seemed like Ash surpassed her right at the beginning. She was probably only a Gym leader cause all the sisters were, but she didn't become a strong Gym leader till after she left.

No they weren't. A co-star gets almost the same screentime as Ash.

Misty didn't get anywhere near the amount of screentime either May or Dawn did, or this upcoming BW girl will.

I must say, I'm absolutely loving the Anti-Iris thing going on here just because she isn't White/seemingly just as or more attractive/better designed than White, XDDDDD. You guys are such haters, :lol:.

I just don't like her hair so far. I admit I may warm up to her when we see the first anime pics.

IDGAF. Misty held the title of Cerulean City Gym Leader which donates her skill using Water Pokemon. That still says something. Why you're using what episode Ash beat her as a point, only God knows. A Gym Leader is a Gym Leader; Misty was still experienced with Pokemon. My point still stands.

Being a gym leader does not make you an expert, besides in the anime Misty's sisters are the gym leader and now Misty is because they're incompetent. Being a gym leader just means that you have experience dealing with a certain type of pokemon. If they were experts they wouldn't be beaten by beginning trainers.

To be a co-star you have to actually star. Misty stood in the background in over 90% of the episodes. She starred in episodes that focused on her but was pushed to the background in most other episodes. May and Dawn actually do something even when the episode isn't focused on them

I'm not gonna judge the girl until I see more than a shadow. So does this mean that the other parts of the scan are true as well. Because I think that the Puff ball bat might take Yanmega's place depending on its typing

Something tells me that even if they did use White, she would have the same personality as Iris though. I'm hoping her secondary quest isn't bad. She looks like the Contest type, but to be honest I'm not really into Contests.... Especially after the anime made no real distinction between Contests and Super Contests(though admittedly they're almost the same) and explored more possibilities they could have had with May via Dawn.

I'd like it if Iris does Pokethelon or something. Maybe she'd put tie up her hair or something when wearing a Pokethelon outfit and sport a different appearance? But I doubt they'd put them in Isshu. I mean even though they put the Battle Frontier in Kanto it was their way to kill two birds with one stone, advertising FRLG and Emerald at the same time.

okay does anyone have any idea WHY THE HECK ash and and new girl are shaded in!? and it looks like Jessie is going to catch a new pokemon! or maybe it'll be Iris that catches it but it most suits jessie...it looks like some kind of demon bat....i just hope the new girl isn't a contest obsessed sack of USELESSNESS! though with that hairdo....i doubt she will be....*snickers* it looks like a bird's nest!

I dunno about a witch, but it would be cool if he hippy-ish design (it almost looks somewhat Native American) points to her having a bit more intuition when it comes to Pokemon. You know, like, she's really into nature and stuff like that, like Sapphire was in Special. Would be nice since the other girls all seemed to be city-girls.

I dunno about a witch, but it would be cool if he hippy-ish design (it almost looks somewhat Native American) points to her having a bit more intuition when it comes to Pokemon. You know, like, she's really into nature and stuff like that, like Sapphire was in Special. Would be nice since the other girls all seemed to be city-girls.

Iris actually reminds me of Yellow from Pokemon Adventures. She looks like a child psychic or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom