• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sunday reveals new legendary Pokémon: Third Black and White legendary reveale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Sunday reveals new legendary Pokémon: Third Black and White legendary rev

Please. Arceus looks like Absol got stuck in a metal gate and stumbled into a hall of mirrors. There's always at least one cute legendary per generation. If you don't like it, I'm sure you'll get your awe-inspiring god-beast soon enough.

Regarding the #000 business... there could be a number of explanations, but as per the screenshots, #000 does seem to be its official number in the local dex. I've been wondering if the local dex might actually be something like Johto's New Pokedex, and contain all Pokemon... especially since we can presumably get Pokemon from previous gens in-game and pre-Elite 4 via the dream world. If so - and bearing in mind that Victini will be available to players immediately upon release - maybe this is just a way of avoiding a 500-Pokemon gap in the local dex between your highest numbered Pokemon and Victini? I dunno...

Actually, even though I've just massively sla*ged it off, Its already growing on me and I'm sure it'll find a special place in my heart once I've seen enough fanart (Just like Mijumaru). I was just really frustrated due to the fact that I was expecting awe-inspiring god-beast.

And Arceus look freaking awesome, period.

Re: Pokémon Sunday reveals new legendary Pokémon: Third Black and White legendary rev

Maybe event-only Legendaries don't have a regional number this time around...

Maybe event-only Legendaries don't have a regional number this time around...

...or for the time being, anyway...

Do we really know what it does?

No. Probably not until the games are released or close to it.

So this is the one that WPM saw in the ad!

But yeah, why the new Missingno.?

And this is the third one? It really does look more like the event-exclusive 600-base-stat one to me.

Maybe it has an alternate forme just like Giratina? That's much bigger?

So this is the one that WPM saw in the ad!

But yeah, why the new Missingno.?

And this is the third one? It really does look more like the event-exclusive 600-base-stat one to me.

Maybe it has an alternate forme just like Giratina? That's much bigger?

No one said this is the third to Reshiram and Zekrom. This is the third legendary we have seen for Black and White.

Also: I like the design. So to anybody who doesn't: Neeeeeeeeeeeeeer.

I guess I'll be one of those folks to whom that Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer is directed; normally I don't cry "l00kz liek teh Digimanz!!!111" whenever a new Pokémon is revealed, and none of the other Generation V Pokémon really look to me like Digimon, but this thing...

Its appearance just screams Digimon. :disgust:

Anyhoo, since it's apparently being given away via the WFC, I can just shove little Victinimon in a PC box right away for all eternity and be done with it.

As for the Pokédex numbering, seeing how this region is so far from the others, even to the point of resetting the route numbers, I wonder if BW will give us a whole new National Dex with Treecko 2.0 Tsutarja as #001...

It doesn't look that bad to me.
Are those REALLY wings on just a forked tail??

It strikes me as kind of Generation 1-ish... I think it's the eyes. They look a bit like Butterfree's I think.

Its appearance just screams Digimon. :disgust:

Why do people say that? Just say you don't like it.

For the record, THIS is a Digimon.

omnimon.gif

I agree, I think it's adorable...probably my favorite 100 Stat Little Legendary yet.

I really hope it turns out to be Fighting since it has to do with Victory and everything. Be nice.

Re: Pokémon Sunday reveals new legendary Pokémon: Third Black and White legendary r

In your words, describe what makes this Pokemon a "Digimon".

According to other posts,
If it looks badass like wargreymon, then it looks like a digimon.
If it looks overly cute/weak, like culumon, then it looks like a digimon.
If it can be pasted next to a digimon for "comparison", then it either looks like a digimon, or someone is claiming "X is ripoff of X".

"This means that until we get more evidence towards the region Isshu is based on, there is no discussion about it. At all."

Does the Liberty Ticket that allows a ship to take you somewhere (presumably an island) count as "more evidence"?

I think it'd be funny if this was all for the purpose of misleading everyone.

It's France. It's totally France. They gave us the statue of Liberty. And I could totally see that little guy snacking on a bagette.

[/FOR THE LULZ]

I really liked this episode. Lots of info.
It's cool they used a MJ song.

Victini has an alternate forme in Gray... the familiar, blocky, glitch form.

What I like mt about is the eyes. The rest of its body has this typical plump shape dividing into two baggy legs with flat feet under them; a design they used too often. And anyways, It's not a must-have. Bikini is cute, but not original. I have no desire to own one so far.

In your words, describe what makes this Pokemon a "Digimon".

Why do people say that? Just say you don't like it.

For the record, THIS is a Digimon.

omnimon.gif

Okay, where to start... (feel free to skip to the third paragraph for the actual description)

Let me reiterate that despite what I have implied, I am not one of those people who complains that every Pokémon post-original-151 looks like a Digimon, in fact I cringe myself most times I read comments/message board posts/etc. with such statements. I don't even find Reshiram, Zekrom or other such legendaries to look anything like Digimon.

Victini, however, looks (to me anyway) much more like a Digimon than any of the other new Pokémon revealed so far - specifically, the smaller, cutesier ones like this one.

In particular, the head: its eyes look the same as most Digimon of that sort, just simpler and without the pupils, and look especially Digimon-esque combined with the big pointy V-shaped ears and the little fangs. I could've sworn I saw a Digimon once with ears that look almost exactly like Victini's.

Then again, I'll admit I don't actually follow Digimon, so I could be wrong about the ears; I also thought Dialga and Palkia looked like Digimon when I first saw a super low-res image of them back in '06, but that notion wore off fairly quickly after seeing clearer images of those two.

As for its type: if it's not Psychic, I'll bet P1Million that it's Normal. (or maybe Fire if the color scheme is any indication)

aww it looks so cute I want one ^^

It's so adorable! I hope it's flying or at least part flying...
I'm also hoping they have the Wi-fi event the day the games come out in the US, which they probably won't T^T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom