• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview of upcoming GF & Gym battle

Luxray Thunder Fanging Infernape to it's limits was what first came to my mind, but I guess it can be Electivire too. Octillery with Water Spout :p? Remember, writers rarely use Egg Moves.
I'm not sure if Ash would accept it though. ASnd it would still be comsidered as a pity badge, right?
And don't worry, when there is a Blaze induced rage, there is also shittons of focus for Infernape.

Gah, true. Maybe Octozooka? The name alone is awesome :p
A pity badge is long overdue. Also nostalgia :D

Sure, everybody would love Pokémon who can randomly create an Iron body part from their posterior :p. Nothing compared to Iron Tailing Alakazam though :p.

As long as there is a will to collide with Pikachu, then an Iron body part shall be formed. Pochama can do this without using Iron Tail though ;)

Gah, true. Maybe Octozooka? The name alone is awesome :p
A pity badge is long overdue. Also nostalgia :D
Octozooka? Like Harley's? :p Seriously, seeing all those Octillery with Octozooka became boring.

I hope they randomly give it Water Spout though, we need to see dem Egg Moves in action.

Nostalgia is a very important factor for plot for sure.
As long as there is a will to collide with Pikachu, then an Iron body part shall be formed. Pochama can do this without using Iron Tail though ;)
That gave me a nasty mental picture and I have to say it is disturbing. But Piplup needed a machine ;P.

Octozooka? Like Harley's? :p Seriously, seeing all those Octillery with Octozooka became boring.

I hope they randomly give it Water Spout though, we need to see dem Egg Moves in action.

Octozooka is never boring. Bazooka baby :p

Water Spout can KO that Fukamaru thinking that it has an easy ride at the gym. Plus we can get an Enery Ball out of it, as well as a Gunk Shot. Sheer awesome moves one after the other.

Nostalgia is a very important factor for plot for sure.

It will be a nod to the older fans, like that Crab during the beach episode was :p[/QUOTE]

That gave me a nasty mental picture and I have to say it is disturbing. But Piplup needed a machine ;P.

Pochama is a machine with the Iron body part :)

How the Johto did you get to this conclusion?.... I can't remember the exact numbers of trainers in that League and how the battles went exactly, but you can go rewatch these eps and I'm sure you'll see it's logical...

I made few mistakes in there.

Lets see:
Kanto: Ash competed in Kanto league, passed the prelims and fought one 6 on 6 battle and got into Top 16.
Johto: Ash fought two 6 on 6. One against Gary and other against Harrison and got into Top 8.
Hoenn: Ash fought three of them this time. First against Kaite(or whatever her name was), second against Morrison and third against Tyson.
So that means he should be in Top 4. There is some error on writers part.

As for all Ash vs Dawn vs May thing I was trying to prove that all of them are equal. a lot of screen time doesn't amke Dawn better than any other of them. But I will be back with that discussion as soon as I found out about Ash's rank in Hoenn league.

That made me think of something. They're not showing Volkner's Ambipom because they don't want to remind the audience of Dawn's old Ambipom since its not returning.

Yet Bertha had a Gliscor, which in-directly reminded us of Ash's Gliscor.

Anyone think that's a clue that the writers still plan for Gliscor's return? I always said if only one Pokemon would return, Gliscor had a better shot than Ambipom, I might be right.

I see you're really desperate...

Kanto: Ash competed in Kanto league, passed the prelims and fought one 6 on 6 battle and got into Top 16.

He didn't have any full battle in the Kanto League... the first full battle we ever saw is Ash VS Drake (Orange League)

Johto: Ash fought two 6 on 6. One against Gary and other against Harrison and got into Top 8.

Right

Hoenn: Ash fought three of them this time. First against Kaite(or whatever her name was), second against Morrison and third against Tyson.

Right

So that means he should be in Top 4. There is some error on writers part.

No... who said all Leagues have the same amount of trainers? How do you know how exactly they made it? It's possible that 2 full battles in one League can take you to Top 8 while 3 full battles in another League takes you to Top 8 too
Also, I doubt the writers care too much about this stuff... I think you're reading too much into this... The writers decided he got Top 8 again so that was Top 8 no matter what you say

as soon as I found out about Ash's rank in Hoenn league.

There's nothing to find out... they said it was Top 8 and so it is, nothing you'll say would change this...

I made few mistakes in there.

Is it a "Let's find the mistakes" game cause you still made some here.

Lets see:
Kanto: Ash competed in Kanto league, passed the prelims and fought one 3 on 3 battle and got into Top 16.
So that means he should be in Top 8 since it was already explained that after the preliminaries 32 trainers had advanced to the battle rounds in Hoenn

Fixed

As for all Ash vs Dawn vs May thing I was trying to prove that all of them are equal. a lot of screen time doesn't amke Dawn better than any other of them.

A lot of screentime might not make Dawn better than the others but it makes her winning the Grand Festival on her first try more realistic

Since, unlike Ash who got most of his badges handed to him in Kanto, Dawn has actually earned her ribbons. Plus, she has been in more contest than May had been before her first Grand Festival. Also, DP007 shows that Dawn herself taught Piplup how to do combinations, etc. May had to learn form that coordinator in rustboro about contests

That being said, I've said it before and I'll saying again, I think we're making too big a deal from this preview, since it doesn't say anything other than Dawn will use Buneary/Cyndaquil in a roller coaster appeal, that Nando and Zoey will fight, that Dawn will face Ursula (Gabite/Flareon) with her pachirisu and an as of yet unidentified pokemon and that Dawn will face an as of yet unidentified opponent that isn't Zoey in a battle with Piplup/Togekiss... and that's it.

Yes, they mention the promise a lot, but for all we know, Zoey's the one who doesn't make it to the finals, but stil encourages Dawn, etc.

Not to mention that Togekiss seems seriously overpowered, it'll probably win her a strong match or two.

Lol, I've been saying that Dawn had a very strong chance of winning her GF, but no one believed me.

There are many good things about Dawn that should give her a well-deserved win.

She deserves it.

It'll probably be used early against Kenny and that's it.

I'm not too sure of that to be honest. In the preview, when she calls for the Togekiss/Pochama combination she sounds quite fired up.

No one gets fired up in a battle with Kengo :p

well either Kenny, Jessie or one of those two seconds cameo skipped battles thingies

well either Kenny, Jessie or one of those two seconds cameo skipped battles thingies

They have still pictures though.

I'm certain that it is used in a battle that we will see a significant part of.

Probably, anyway I always thought Piplup/Togekiss v Breloom/Prinlup would be the lineup fo that battle... with Dawn crushing Kenny.

Not to mention that Togekiss seems seriously overpowered, it'll probably win her a strong match or two.

Well, Salvia did say that she trained it especially for the day she'd eventually participate in a Contest - so it IS implied that Togekiss got Contest taining for a long time... on the other hand, it seems like the princess had a lot of stuff she's forced to do and it also seems like she secretly raised Togekiss (she quickly return it to its ball when someone got into the room) so maybe she didn't really train it so much...
Anyway, I'm sure each of Dawn's Poké will get at least one win - and the first two that I think might get a second win are Pip and Bunny (Dawn's two main Poké and also her fist and most experienced)

I'm not too sure of that to be honest. In the preview, when she calls for the Togekiss/Pochama combination she sounds quite fired up.

No one gets fired up in a battle with Kengo :p

Actually, now that you mention this... I won't be surprised if the Pip/Togekiss battle IS against Kenny
They did showcase him as Dawn's second rival up to now in OP/ED and the episodes themselves and he is an old friend of Dawn... I'm sure Dawn will get fired up in a battle against him in the GF - especially when she knows he's anoter opponent she has to defeat in order to keep her promise to Zoey
I think I already speculated this, but I'll write my speculation again - now with the idea that Pip/Togekiss are against Kenny

Performance: Bunny/Cynda, Mamo/Togekiss, Pip/Pachi
VS Jessie: Cynda/Mamo VS Yanmega/Seviper
VS Kenny: Pip/Togekiss VS Prinplup/new Poké
VS Ursula: Bunny/Pachi VS Gabite/Flareon
VS Zoey: Pip/Bunny VS Glameow/Mismagius

Jessie = Mamo get revenge on "Jessielina" (actually James, but they don't know it) who beat it in Lillypad (maybe she'll use Carnivine in the battle in that case... but I prefer these two)

Kenny = Pip and Prinplup are rivals so it makes sense

Ursula = Pachi had rivalry with Gabite and it recently made a new combination with the Bunny

Zoey = the Poké both used in the Jubilife Contest, where they made their promise

I hope it'll go like that...

Oh crap.

That does make sense. Though to be honest, I'd rather they just completely ditch Kengo.
I'm still hoping that Musalina slays him...

Performance: Bunny/Cynda, Mamo/Togekiss, Pip/Pachi
VS Jessie: Cynda/Mamo VS Yanmega/Seviper
VS Kenny: Pip/Togekiss VS Prinplup/new Poké
VS Ursula: Bunny/Pachi VS Gabite/Flareon
VS Zoey: Pip/Bunny VS Glameow/Mismagius

Jessie = Mamo get revenge on "Jessielina" (actually James, but they don't know it) who beat it in Lillypad (maybe she'll use Carnivine in the battle in that case... but I prefer these two)

Kenny = Pip and Prinplup are rivals so it makes sense

Ursula = Pachi had rivalry with Gabite and it recently made a new combination with the Bunny

Zoey = the Poké both used in the Jubilife Contest, where they made their promise

I hope it'll go like that...

I'm leaning towards those predictions too...

Ursula's new dress is nicer than Dawn's based on what I've seen so far.

Ursula's dress only seems nice because it's blue. And obviously blue pwns all. Guess she took the "sea witch" part a bit too literally. :p

Though out of all the new dresses we've got, I still say Dawn's is better. A weird color combo that somehow works.

I hope that Dawn has some decent battles in the GF. I'm sure she will, but I hope all of them are nicely paced.

The only whack contest battle Dawn had was the one against Kenny with Ambipom.

Dawn's great as a battler, and her appeals have been great.

I'd say she or Zoey deserves it.

She already won the Wallace Cup, where the GF is also held at, and you know what they say, history repeats itself.

A weird color combo that somehow works.

I gotta say, at first I was iffy about Dawn's GF look, but the more I see it, the more it's growing on me. That being said, Ursula's pre GF dress was better.

That blue is not a good colo on her.

Dawn and Ursula both look good.

Both dresses suit them, and they look very professional.

What did we want them to look like emo, that's just ghetto.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom