• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S14 EP13: Minccino—Neat and Tidy!

This isn't a thread to debate whether or not Ash has gone through a character reset. Please get back on-topic.

This is probably the BW episode I've enjoyed the most so far. Naturally, Bianca's the one to thank for that. I do still maintain she's got a Barry With Boobs aura about her (right down to crashing into Ash & Co. in their first meeting), but she does at least have some aspects of her personality that sets her apart from her male doppelganger.

Minccino's capture is probably one of the most hilarious captures I've ever seen. And I was just fine with Bianca's voice (though the hilarious overacting towards the end of the episode does remind me of Jamie McGonnigal's Barry... in a good way!)

Cilan finally amused me in a good way; there's just something hilarious about him freaking out over getting one of his spoons dirtied up. XD That's the kind of thing I like seeing from this trio that up to this point seemed really damn one-dimensional. And was it just me, or was Professor Juniper almost being condescending when she congratulated Ash for having won just one badge...? Maybe I'm imagining things?

Only real flaw of the episode was... any time Iris opened her mouth. It's one thing to meander about in the background and have no real effect on the plot or anything, but Iris was in full-blown Debbie Downer mode in this episode, and it had no impact on anything. It was just Iris being a needlessly critical you-know-what again.

It's enough to actually make me miss Brock; at least when he was in the background and his words were ineffectual to the plot, they weren't pessimistic for no reason or meant to insult anyone. Guh... and I have a feeling this won't be the last time the trio "formula" works out like that.

Beyond all that, though, good episode! A long-overdue episode of proof that this series isn't crap 100% of the time. If only Bianca were the main rival, now... 1 episode in and she's already leagues better than Trip.

This episode was great. Bianca is awesome... I loved how she "talked" to the audience.

I really enjoyed this episode! Bianca is hilarious and I think her voice sounds alright. Doesn't really strike me as a valley girl though...

^This. I didn't think she was "valley girl-ish" either.

This episode was great. Bianca is awesome... I loved how she "talked" to the audience.

^This. I didn't think she was "valley girl-ish" either.

Really? With all of the "totally"'s she was throwing around?

I thought the episode was good, Bianca's voice the second time around I watched, was much better. The first time her voice didn't seem to be consistent to me.
Anyway, her Pignite, is the BUSINESS.

I loved how Bianca kept telling Pokemon to use moves they don't know XD At least it shows that she knows a bit about what Pokemon can learn, anyway.

She is one of my favorite charaters. Loved the episode < 3

I wonder why Iris and Cilan were surprised to find out Bianca just had one Pokemon. When Iris only has two Pokemon and Cilan only had one Pokemon just a while ago. Ash only had one Pokemon when he met Iris.

I loved how Bianca kept telling Pokemon to use moves they don't know XD At least it shows that she knows a bit about what Pokemon can learn, anyway.

To me, that seems more rude than anything (especially if it's a different trainer's pokemon), and doesn't really reflect well on the character of Bianca. Sure, she may be educated a bit, but she doesn't know enough to not give commands to other people's pokemon.

She trained at home, as she said earlier. It's possible she doesn't have much experience in the matter.

I wonder why Iris and Cilan were surprised to find out Bianca just had one Pokemon. When Iris only has two Pokemon and Cilan only had one Pokemon just a while ago. Ash only had one Pokemon when he met Iris.

Probably because she was a trainer and had two badges.

Given what we know, it kind of seems impossible for a trainer to get two badges with only one Pokemon. I mean do the gym leaders make exceptions for trainers with less Pokemon?

Probably because she was a trainer and had two badges.

Given what we know, it kind of seems impossible for a trainer to get two badges with only one Pokemon. I mean do the gym leaders make exceptions for trainers with less Pokemon?

Maybe it was a 1 on 1. Or maybe Pignite is just strong.

Cilan and Iris are trainers to. Unless you meant people who compete in gyms.

Really? With all of the "totally"'s she was throwing around?

I honestly didn't notice. Maybe I need to rewatch it. But... I've started playing White version, and she says "totally", "really", and "like" a lot in the game too, so it's not like it comes from nowhere. That's how she is in the games.

I don't get a "valley-girl" feeling from either, though.

1. Satoshi did beat his first two gym with (nearly) one pokemon.

2. These two gym leaders are sucks...

And was it just me, or was Professor Juniper almost being condescending when she congratulated Ash for having won just one badge...? Maybe I'm imagining things?

No, no, don't worry, you aren't.
That's what I already commented on because it struck me as odd, too.
My theory is that her remark was actually meant to be ironic given the fact how successful Trip and Bianca have become already and especially given Ash's poor performance although he should be the one to outperform his rivals.
Yes, I'd say Professor Juniper was clearly being condescending.

Nice and funny episode, especially the capture of Mincinno. But... I hate Bianca's clothes, looks like my grandmother's clothes. >_>

Wow, I was pronouncing Mincinno wrong all this time.

I liked this episode (although I was interrupted by the Compare the Meerkat plush I won arriving), although for some reason, Bianca is more bearable in the original Japanese.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom