• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The General Anime Discussion Thread

Should I Watch the Movies, Specials, Shorts, and Pokémon Chronicles in this Marathon?

• Yes

Votes: 188 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 32 13.2%
  • Don't know

Votes: 23 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The General Anime Discussion Thread {Formely 'The Pokemon Anime Marathon'}

What.
Ash wanted to prove himself to the gym leader because he was the challenger.You know,thats what trainers do.They challangers do,they surpass those challengers to get badges.

Rewatch episode,because of Misty flirting out with Danny Ash became jealous wanting to prove being better than gym leader is.

And why on earth would Squirtle give a heck about Misty´s delusional crush?

Chain link.Misty snapped out Ash from losing giving him moral boost/push with her speech,which resulted in Ash picking himself up with Squirtle gaining is focus back on match resulting in end with Squirtle learning new move.

Chain link.Misty snapped out Ash from losing giving him moral boost/push with her speech,which resulted in Ash picking himself up with Squirtle gaining is focus back on match resulting in end with Squirtle learning new move.

Seems like a case of "Correlation =/= causation."

Last edited:

I've seen this episode. Ash was more getting pissed at not getting Rudy's attention for his gym battle than anything else.

That was in "Misty Meets Her Match".

Anyway, remember when Misty caught a Misty in a Mistyball after a battle with Misty's Misty in Misty City? I liked the part where Misty's Misty Mistied the Misty Misty.

LOL Ok ok, I get it.

same old crap

God how hard is it to get through one thing, THE WRITERS DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU AND THE OTHER FANS OF THE PREVIOUS SAGAS.

They write a CHILDREN'S SHOW for CHILDREN.

They don't give a damn about pleasing the older fans since they're not part of the target audience. The writers have no incentives to bring back older characters for fans who aren't in the age range they're trying to reach and have anyway stayed with the show even though the cast they grew up with has been gone for 9 years.

I know it's hard to accept, but you're not a Japanese pre-teen so you and all the other fans like you out there do not exist for the writers.

Deal with it.

God how hard is it to get through one thing, THE WRITERS DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU AND THE OTHER FANS OF THE PREVIOUS SAGAS.

They write a CHILDREN'S SHOW for CHILDREN.

They don't give a damn about pleasing the older fans since they're not part of the target audience. The writers have no incentives to bring back older characters for fans who aren't in the age range they're trying to reach and have anyway stayed with the show even though the cast they grew up with has been gone for 9 years.

Pretty much you managed to miss the point as always,congrats.

Like i said writers dont have to do that,if they dont it wouldnt kill the show or anyhing.However if they ever want to try to reach beyond target audience attracting more of fans changing things abit(and thrust me there are hundred of thousands of older fans still being into pokemon,if you dont believe check for yourself)idea of reuniting oldies together(who has unexplored and undeveloped things about them) due to status,popularity, and demand would have potential to bring benefit for Tv ratings making series even more popular.
Speaking of target audience theyre trying to reach as i said both new and older characters would please them equally not being an issue.

Ill repeat once again,they dont have to do that but its one of those options they have at their disposal.

I know it's hard to accept, but you're not a Japanese pre-teen so you and all the other fans like you out there do not exist for the writers.

Nods in form of items,appearances of older characters like DP gave us,flashbacks etc can be annotated as reminder that writers havent completely forgott about older fans.

Deal with it.

Deal with what?Wanting and happening are two different things which i have been saying from start.

Last edited:

However if they ever want to try to reach beyond target audience

But see they have no reason to do that. The advertisers in the show pay for ads that target kids, today's kids. You can't make a show without money...

Even if older fans still watch the show, not all of them liked the members of the original trio and a great deal of them would prefer to see other cast members return should there be a reunion.

due to status

That's the thing, not one former member of the main cast has a higher status then the others. All of them have fans, all of them have had a generation of kids grow up with them.

The fact that Misty and Brock were first only has meaning for people who grew up with the original series. To kids who started watching the show in AG, May and Max were first. To kids who started watching in DP, Dawn was first. To kids who are starting to get into it today, Iris and Dento are first.

Deal with what?

Reality.

But see they have no reason to do that. The advertisers in the show pay for ads that target kids, today's kids. You can't make a show without money...

Reason:To potentially increase popularity by attracting not only target audience but wider range of people in this case being older fans.
That way they would still make money from target age of audience,while at same time gettng higher ratings from older fans who were attracted by this move.
Potentially higher TV ratings means more profit/money.

Even if older fans still watch the show, not all of them liked the members of the original trio and a great deal of them would prefer to see other cast members return should there be a reunion.

What you seem to ignore is fact that out of all groups biggest demand is for original trio getting reunited,serving as indicator how majority of older fans wants this.

That's the thing, not one former member of the main cast has a higher status then the others. All of them have fans, all of them have had a generation of kids grow up with them.

Thats not entirely true.Original group as a whole holds iconic status over others due to fact of being first gaining biggest popularity(this group had biggest fanbase retrospectively looking).
Pokemon anime had alot more viewers/fans in its early days with first group making anime to become success.

The fact that Misty and Brock were first only has meaning for people who grew up with the original series. To kids who started watching the show in AG, May and Max were first. To kids who started watching in DP, Dawn was first. To kids who are starting to get into it today, Iris and Dento are first.

That would be true,if none of kids who catch up with show later on havent watched original series which clearly isnt the case.For kids who started watching from AG,considering how original series were still "fresh" at that time,they were probably more aware of original group than kids which started coming into pkemon later on like in DP.
Even those who did started watchin show later on had opportunity to find out about previous series through reruns and other kind of info which is available.
Whats even more surprising is that good chunk of newer generations who watched past sagas prefer original group aswell judging by what iv seen and can be noticed.

Speaking of which purpose behind this option would be to attract older fans(no need to attract someone who is already viewing this show being target group) who no longer watch this show,and those who sticked with show after orginal series ended through Ag or DP stopping with show at some point.Majority of those older fans who watched past first 5 seasons are supporting first group reunion aswell,with demand for AG or DP group not existing.What does this tell you?
How original trio was most popular group to this date.

If there is no demand for other groups reunion,logically biggest chance of reunion has group for which biggest demand is out there.

In that case,this doesnt apply to me.I perfectly well know how much of a chance this move has,but on other hand im explaining what this could bring with itself.

Last edited:

Potentially higher TV ratings means more profit/money.

If they raise the audience within their target demographic (i.e. kids), yes. Otherwise, no. If you're a producer or an advertiser, you don't care about reaching someone who won't make you a buck.

Thats not entirely true.Original group as a whole holds iconic status over others due to fact of being first gaining biggest popularity(this group had biggest fanbase retrospectively looking).

Iconic for whom? Only and only for the people that grew up with it. For fans that grew up during AG, DP and now BW, the original trio isn't the least bit iconic, and their combined fanbases outweigh the original trio's.

Pokemon anime had alot more viewers/fans in its early days with first group making anime to become success.

And they were also the trio that was on the screen when the ratings started to decline.

What does this tell you?

They stopped watching 8 years ago and aren't coming back.

im explaining what this could bring with itself.

Which is nothing.

If they raise the audience within their target demographic (i.e. kids), yes. Otherwise, no. If you're a producer or an advertiser, you don't care about reaching someone who won't make you a buck.

You failed to comprehend.If they reach different group of people along with target demographic that would mean:
-more fans watching this show and buying their merchandize which means bringing more money through both young kids and older fanbase who got back into pokemon.

Iconic for whom? Only and only for the people that grew up with it. For fans that grew up during AG, DP and now BW, the original trio isn't the least bit iconic, and their combined fanbases outweigh the original trio's.

Irrelevant because people who stopped watching show and grew up with seasons which took place after original series could care less about who is in this show quitting with show for different reasons.

On other hand fans who quitted with show but are willing to cmeback to it in case original trio is reunited which can be counted in hundred of thousands would mean getting them back into it reachingdifferent demographic of people at same time keeping their target audience.

Your prejudices you hold for this group,and personal opinion are clouding your judgment.

And they were also the trio that was on the screen when the ratings started to decline.

Explained above in one of my posts.Original group wasnt resonsible for ratings drop which still had better rating than AG series at some point whic took time to recover themselves.

Popularity of original trio stayed more or less same after original series ended.

They stopped watching 8 years ago and aren't coming back.

Delusionals cant be helped.Look around yourself,thousands of fans all over the internet are complaining and demanding that original group gets reunited,thousands of them to this day are stating how they are willing to give show another chance in case of trio they grew up with getting together.This can be noticed through several petitions,through all kind of forums,on youtube,real life etc.

For example in area where i live most of older fans claim how only first group worthed something,counting those who sticked with show after original series ended.
Do some research,because those who demand reunition would return in case of this becoming reality.

Which is nothing.

Potential increase in Tv ratings,bigger number of customers buying games and similar products,all together making show more popular means benefit.

more fans watching this show and buying their merchandize which means bringing more money through both young kids and older fanbase who got back into pokemon.

Have you ever watched the show in Japanese... Most of the advertisements are aimed at 8-12 years old kids. Advertisers pay cash to reach that group. They don't care about older audience because they don't bring money to the companies who put the show on the air.

Do you think you have more business knowledge than these business professionals? They've done market research, they have numbers that tell them pretty much who watches the show, what age group they're in, etc. If it was so profitable for them to do what you're saying, they'd be doing it already. Reason they're not is that bringing back the old characters won't rank in any money for them.

Your prejudices you hold for this group,and personal opinion are clouding your judgment.

That's the pot calling the kettle black. You're thinking that the show is still being written for you and people your age. That the writers are the same people who wrote the show years ago and that they have the desire to please you.

Look around yourself,thousands of fans all over the internet are complaining

Yes and they'd like you and the others to stop mistyfaning and let it go.

Have you ever watched the show in Japanese... Most of the advertisements are aimed at 8-12 years old kids. Advertisers pay cash to reach that group. They don't care about older audience because they don't bring money to the companies who put the show on the air.

There are several older fans who still watch this show stcking with it from start,good chunk of them had hiatus from series returning back to it after couple of yerars,good chunk of them are still into games buying them or Dvds.

Now while they dont make target group,take out all older fans who still watch this show,take out all of the who are still customers who buy products and you can expect drop in Tv ratings and drop in sales.
So yes i say why they dont contribute the most,older fans still pretty much bring money to pokemon company.

Do you think you have more business knowledge than these business professionals? They've done market research, they have numbers that tell them pretty much who watches the show, what age group they're in, etc. If it was so profitable for them to do what you're saying, they'd be doing it already. Reason they're not is that bringing back the old characters won't rank in any money for them.

They havent done that because in their calculation target audience is big enough of there not being necessary to try to go beyond that.
My point is that if things go wrong,with ratings becoming too low,its always good for writers to have backup plan.
And with attemot of going beyond current audience attracting wider range of age demographic would posibly mean increasing this show ppularity bringing more money in end.
That way they woul still have target audience with added bonus of older ones in end bringing them more profit which is never a bad thing.

As i said original series had millions of fans,hundred of thousands of them who no longer watch this show are planning to go back to it if this ever see light of the day even if its for short period,and if they bring back older chacters well you do the math.All those fans who wants tha would star watching show again,becoming customers of pokemon products pulling with itself bringing more money.

Talking about my business knowleadge,for someone who done alot of research on economy i say i have pretty good knowleadge how things work in business world.

That's the pot calling the kettle black. You're thinking that the show is still being written for you and people your age. That the writers are the same people who wrote the show years ago and that they have the desire to please you.

Except im not,im explaining how more viewers wouldnt hurt.Its not necessary and writers dont have to do that but if they did some benefit would arise with this.

Yes and they'd like you and the others to stop mistyfaning and let it go.

You obviously arent familiarized enough with number of fans who are demanding this.Number is anything but small and for your info lot of those people arent even Misty fans to begin with.Their reason behind wanting that show ends with first trio is because thats the group they grew up with bringing more enjoyment to thm finding this as perfect way to come full circle closing down succesfull show like pocket monsters is.Opportunity to develop older characters further,closing down unfinished chapters in their stories,gaining more fans would be just a bonus.

So yes i say why they dont contribute the most,older fans still pretty much bring money to pokemon company.

And they do so even 8 years after the original trio split up. Supply and demand. Diamond and Pearl and Black and White were both huge successes in sales and the anime is still ranked into the top 10 in Japan. For all your talk about the millions of fans crying for Misty's return, it hasn't had as much of an impact as you claim it has.

Their reason behind wanting that show ends with first trio is because thats the group they grew up with bringing more enjoyment to thm finding this as perfect way to come full circle closing down succesfull show like pocket monsters is.

Two things about that. First of all, that's only true for them, the fans who grew up with the original series. While they may have been numerous, a great deal of them left during the original series losing interest in the show and its characters. And then you have to consider that which each passing saga, you have a new batch of fans who didn't grew up with the original series. Add the fans who started watching the show in AG, in DP and in BW and you have more people who have nostalgia for other sagas of the show, then for the original series. Plus, by the time the show end, 15-20 might have passed since the original series ended. You'd be asking writers of a children's show to cater to an audience of people in their late twenties, early thirties and disregard the fans they made during those 15-20 years... There's a difference between the relative popularity of the original series in comparaison to the other sagas (which had less to do with the characters themselves then the anime fad and the pokémon fad in the Western world in the late 90's) and their popularity in the absolute.

Second, that's only true for part of them. I grew up with the original series and I don't appreciate you speaking in my name and acting like we all want to see the origianl trio reunited since I have no desire whatsoever to see them do so and I'm not the only one. You're acting like the people who grew up with the original series are a homogenuous bunch who all worship it.

Opportunity to develop older characters further,closing down unfinished chapters in their stories,gaining more fans would be just a bonus.

That could be said about any older characters, not just those from the original series.

...my god, you're still hung up on this?

Their reason behind wanting that show ends with first trio is because thats the group they grew up with bringing more enjoyment to thm finding this as perfect way to come full circle closing down succesfull show like pocket monsters is.

Yeah, no. As another fan who grew up with the original series? That is definitely not my opinion, quit acting like your opinion is fact. I honestly couldn't care less about the original trio 'reuniting' for one last show down.

and you have a lot of knowledge in the business world? Really? Prove it. You always insist on other people providing the facts to back up their opinions - now it's your turn. Prove that 'thousands' of former fans will return to the series, despite having grown away from it and having moved on. Prove that the ratings will shoot through the roof just because it's the 'original trio' rather than the fact that Pokemon is a major cash cow franchise that rakes in millions with ease and is finally ending with some sort of bang(hopefully).

For all your talk about the millions of fans crying for Misty's return, it hasn't had as much of an impact as you claim it has.

Correction,i didnt talked only about Misty fans but fans of original series and first group.
And of course complaints and demand from them hasnt made much of impact on writers.Reason?
Because writers could care less about fan complaints and what they want.They very rarely listen to fans and have no reason to pay attention to it as long show goes good enugh without there existing need to try attracting wider range of viewers.

Two things about that. First of all, that's only true for them, the fans who grew up with the original series. While they may have been numerous, a great deal of them left during the original series losing interest in the show and its characters.

And when talking about older fans im mentioning those who no longer watches it because original trio got dismantled,being primary reason behind thir quitting.

And then you have to consider that which each passing saga, you have a new batch of fans who didn't grew up with the original series. Add the fans who started watching the show in AG, in DP and in BW and you have more people who have nostalgia for other sagas of the show, then for the original series.

We are talking here about fans which no longer watch this show.People who grew up with Ag,DP or OI series still sticking with this show arent being bothered with who is going to be in this show watching it for different reasons.

Also you need to take in consideration how people who grew up with later regions and no longer watch this show wouldnt go back to it if AG or DP group gets reunited considering how there doesnt exist any demand for those group reunion with people being generally neutral about this subject.
On other hand difference with people who grew up with first series is that lot of them would return to show if first group gets reunied judging by demand for their return.

Writers wouldnt gain any benefit from reunition of other groups considering how barely anyone demands that,but they would possibly receive some benefit by original trio return with group which has highest demand for return having bigger chance in that case of seeing light of day again in case of writers trying to go beyond current audience trying t attract older fans while still keeping younger ones.

Plus, by the time the show end, 15-20 might have passed since the original series ended. You'd be asking writers of a children's show to cater to an audience of people in their late twenties, early thirties and disregard the fans they made during those 15-20 years...

First of all bringing back original trio wouldnt turn away from series target audience who doesnt care who is going to be in his show ,watching show for entirely different reasons with character replacing obviously not bothering them.
Otherwise those who grew up with DP for example would leave this show when Dawn and Brock were replaced with same thing happening when May left but as it can be noticed that obviously wasnt the case.

Reuniting first group wouldnt cause drop of vewers in this show,but on other hand it could provide increase of them with those who dont watch this show but wants them back getting back into it.
Either way they wouldnt lose anything by this move,but could gain something being a win-win situation for them both if they dont or decide to reunite them.

Second, that's only true for part of them. I grew up with the original series and I don't appreciate you speaking in my name and acting like we all want to see the origianl trio reunited since I have no desire whatsoever to see them do so and I'm not the only one. You're acting like the people who grew up with the original series are a homogenuous bunch who all worship it.

I guess i used poor choice of words causing missunderstanding of what i tried to say.I never stated how all fans who grew up with original trio would appreciate their reunion but judging by high demand which can be find out there majority of those fans liked this trio liking to see show ending with someone who started it.

Yeah, no. As another fan who grew up with the original series? That is definitely not my opinion, quit acting like your opinion is fact. I honestly couldn't care less about the original trio 'reuniting' for one last show down.

Explained above.This doesnt apply to all fans who watched original series,but majority did appreciated this trio.

Also i never stated for my opinion to be a fact,if it seemed that way my apologies for possible missunderstanding.

and you have a lot of knowledge in the business world? Really? Prove it. You always insist on other people providing the facts to back up their opinions - now it's your turn. Prove that 'thousands' of former fans will return to the series, despite having grown away from it and having moved on.

I think you can eassly find answer to your question by doing some little research on net,.It can be checked through several petitions which are made to this day,through pokemon sites,youtube etc how many former fans who no longer watch this show would go back t it in case of this happening.Even on bulbagarden you can encunter good chunk of them who arent much into show anymore being willing to go back to it if older characters return.
No reason to doubt in authenticy of their claims.

Prove that the ratings will shoot through the roof just because it's the 'original trio' rather than the fact that Pokemon is a major cash cow franchise that rakes in millions with ease and is finally ending with some sort of bang(hopefully).

Its not possible to prove something which havent even see light of the day.However going by some logic,if several thousands of fans who claim being willing to go back to series if first group gets reunited start watching show again its obvious how in that case anime will receive more viewers which in end means bigger ratings.

older fans
older characters
older fans

Old, old, old. And by this time, more and more new characters are joining this show, totally ignoring old things.

As the saying goes - the dogs bark and the caravan goes on.

Reason?
Because writers could care less about fan complaints and what they want.

Which begs the question why don't the people in charge care? Cause it's not just the writers, it's the producers and the advertisers. Most if not all of the ads in Pokémon are aimed at kids. Advertisers pay to reach that audience. They are not paying to reach people in their 20ies who won't buy their toys...

Writers wouldnt gain any benefit from reunition of other groups considering how barely anyone demands that

You know why they don't express their desire to see the characters they loved back on the show. Because they had to sit through their favourite sagas hearing you and the other nostalgia addicts bitch and whine every week about Misty not being there, and how the show was now crap, and how the show was ruined and so forth. Since they were so sick of you guys during their sagas, they decided to keep quiet so they wouldn't be as annoying as you guys.

Writers bringing back the original trio at the expense of the later characters would piss off a lot of fans, people who liked AG better, liked DP better, liked BW, and who collectively make up a bigger percentage than fans of the original series. Cause that's the thing, with each passing saga, the percentage of fans that worships the original series shrinks and keeps shrinking. Even today, the number of fans of this show who hold no nostalgia whatsoever for the original series far outweighs those who do.

Whatever, I'm done arguing this and I mean done. I don't get why it is so hard for you to realize that your opinion is not the only one that matters, why you can't realize that just because you have nostalgia over something, the writers should cater to you and you alone. This is ridiculous. You are so hung up on bringing Misty back that you're actually trying to justify it with arguments that make no sense and convince yourself that the entire fandom shares your views.

If you want to continue living with your dellusions that the writers (cause they're the only ones you talk about, totally ignoring the people who actually finance the show...) should care about your needs and your wants over the rest of the fandom, and that they'll suddenly write the show with a 20-something Croatian in mind instead of Japanese children, do so alone. I'm done.

Last edited:

Which begs the question why don't the people in charge care? Cause it's not just the writers, it's the producers and the advertisers. Most if not all of the ads in Pokémon are aimed at kids. Advertisers pay to reach that audience. They are not paying to reach people in their 20ies who won't buy their toys...

Except that in order to avertize new games is not necessars to incude new haracters.,As long new pokemon ae being advertzed Nintendo and Game Feak wont care who are writers going to put as travelling companions.
This can be noticed through examples of Brock who was hoosed over new males for long time,severlal game protagonists like Leaf,White etc being excluded which are from marketing point better candidates to promote games with sdakes not suffering in least hand with people buying their products.

Main group of customers of pokemon merchandize are small kids who are far from critcalk about series with return of older characters not causing consequence of target audience quitting with this show with reason behind this move being to try go bwyind that grouo demographic in order to increease Tv ratings of pokemon anime with writers still keeong their main source of mones(target audience).
If those attracted to show back fans would start buying their products like new games that would be just a bonus.

You know why they don't express their desire to see the characters they loved back on the show. Because they had to sit through their favourite sagas hearing you and the other nostalgia addicts bitch and whine every week about Misty not being there, and how the show was now crap, and how the show was ruined and so forth. Since they were so sick of you guys during their sagas, they decided to keep quiet so they wouldn't be as annoying as you guys.

Nope but nice try.
Rason why fans of AG or DP dont complain about characters being brought back is:
-because they already adjusted themselves to fact of characters being expected to be replaced after every couple of years not getting so attached to them like original fans were with first group which left biggest impact in term of popularity in that sense.
-because several of those fans dont particlary care for characters being fine with whoever steps ino this show watching series mainly for other things like new pokremon etc.
-because they were fine in general with treatment later groups received not viewing them in same light as original series fans character do not caring particulary if theyre going to stay in show or not.Since they dont care much about who is going to be in this anime its obvious why they dont complain and demand those characters return.

Writers bringing back the original trio at the expense of the later characters would piss off a lot of fans, people who liked AG better, liked DP better, liked BW, and who collectively make up a bigger percentage than fans of the original series. Cause that's the thing, with each passing saga, the percentage of fans that worships the original series shrinks and keeps shrinking. Even today, the number of fans of this show who hold no nostalgia whatsoever for the original series far outweighs those who do.

Strawman argument.
Did fans stopped watching this show or were pissed when May was replaced with Dawn later on being followed with Dawn and Brock geting replaced with Iris or Dento?No.
When taking about targe audiuence we are talking about kids who are what 7 to 10 year old who dont care about character development and who is going to be in this show,watching anime for battles and new pokemon.
Whoever comes into this show whether that is May,Misty,Brock or whoever else they wont care.

Also you forgot to include good chunk of fans who may have grew up with AG or DP series,bu later on started to pref original trio after wtching first series with them.

In nutshell small kids are not critical toward show as older fans who no longer first target demograpgic do willing to continue waching this series if original group gets reunited ever again just like they did with every new character which came int this show,but on positive side this may also bring different demographic of people back in this show judging by how big demand fo first grup reunion out there is.
In that cas writers wouldnt lose their main source of viewers but would hve chance to increase them.

Sure some hardcore older fans who are no longer targeting group might quit in that case but that would be acceptable lose compared to benefit this might bring with itself.

[QUOE]
Whatever, I'm done arguing this and I mean done. I don't get why it is so hard for you to realize that your opinion is not the only one that matters, why you can't realize that just because you have nostalgia over something, the writers should cater to you and you alone. This is ridiculous. You are so hung up on bringing Misty back that you're actually trying to justify it with arguments that make no sense and convince yourself that the entire fandom shares your views.[/QUOTE]

Please stop putting words in my mouth which i never said.I never said how my opinion matters,nor i ever brought up Misty as character individually in this discussion.Personal preference of mine doesnt have anything to do with this.
Im only stating what i encountered over several past years displaying what are desires from thousands of fans who no longer watch this show but would if first group ever gets reunited.
Nothing more,nothing less.

Do writers have to do this?No.Would they do it?Most likely not.But what im trying to say is how they have this option at their disposal if they ever want to try attract wider group of fans(and oruiginal sere one were most numerous retrospectively looking) with demand original group gets serving as indicator how their return would attract more of people toward this show.
That wouldnt attract other group fans who no longer watch this show,but would attract first trio fanbase while at same time target audience being kept with result in end poulting more viewers.

But feel free to continue living in denial how there doesnt exist demand for original series trio not leavng impact on show and fanbase with facts speaking for themselves.

If you want to continue living with your dellusions that the writers (cause they're the only ones you talk about, totally ignoring the people who actually finance the show...) should care about your needs and your wants over the rest of the fandom, and that they'll suddenly write the show with a 20-something Croatian in mind instead of Japanese children, do so alone. I'm done.

As expected when you run out of arguments you resort to insults.

Nope but nice try.
Rason why fans of AG or DP dont complain about characters being brought back is:
-because they already adjusted themselves to fact of characters being expected to be replaced after every couple of years not getting so attached to them like original fans were with first group which left biggest impact in term of popularity in that sense.
-because several of those fans dont particlary care for characters being fine with whoever steps ino this show watching series mainly for other things like new pokremon etc.
-because they were fine in general with treatment later groups received not viewing them in same light as original series fans character do not caring particulary if theyre going to stay in show or not.Since they dont care much about who is going to be in this anime its obvious why they dont complain and demand those characters return.

You have just crossed a line, pal. I'm not taking anymore of your rubbish.

Do you think May and Dawn fans didn't get as attached to them as the old fans did to the original trio? I am absolutely appalled that you think that way. The reason why we don't complain about it is exactly as Hellion said. We are completely SICK of the old fans bitching and whining about the old trio. We do everything we can to not be viewed the same way as they are. We don't want to be compared to a bunch of people constantly bitching and whinning about the so called 'holy' original trio. We know we are much better than that. I'm not going to sink to their level. I'm not saying all of the old fans are like that but MANY of them are. I generally do not consider such people to be worth my time but you have gone to far to say we don't care who is in the anime and who isn't as much as Misty fans do.

You go take a look at the May and Dawn clubs. Every single poster there longs for the return of these two characters. The difference is that we don't try to piss other people off just to show our love for a character.

What you are implying is plain appalling.

I'm done with this thread. Done. I'm not coming back until it goes back to what it was earlier. About reviewing older episodes. Damn Gible needs to come back here. The thread has been going downhill ever since he stopped his reviews.

Last edited:

dellusional rants of a person stuck in the past

Tldr

You're asking the people in charge of this JAPANESE CHILDREN'S show to care about PEOPLE IN THEIR TWENTIES THAT ARE NOT IN JAPAN over caring about JAPANESE CHILDREN when they design the show and you're asking yourself why people don't take you seriously.

The difference is that we don't try to piss other people off just to show our love for a character.

This. We don't bitch and whine that the show was so much better then and that our favourite characters are the only one worthy of being put on the air. You wonder why people are sick of talking about Misty and the original series, people like you. Each saga, each characters have fans. They just stay silent to not end up like you.

I'm not coming back until it goes back to what it was earlier. About reviewing older episodes. Damn Gible needs to come back here. The thread has been going downhill ever since he stopped his reviews.

Well thank you (I'm Gible BTW, not sure if you knew that :D), but DP is still too close for me to review. It's too fresh in my memory to be truly (as) objective (as I can) about it.

Last edited:

I noticed you are Gible just a little while after I made that post. Anyway the point is that the thread was a fun place while someone was doing the reviews regularly. People have since then only been reviewing a couple of episodes then disappearing for a long while. I understand your reasons for not reviewing DP just yet though. That said, I'll be back when you are willing to review DP.

As far as Misty threads go, we have had enough of those. I sincerely hope this thread stops going that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom