• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely amazing end, wow.

Although, I can't help but to feel sorry for the non-benders. Some of them will still surely feel hatred towards the benders, even though they realized that Amon was a complete fake and all. After all, their lives go back to normal, if their hatred towards the benders were based on true events they will still be the ''weak'' ones in the community, if now Korra restores the bending to those who lost theirs. The situation for them really didn't change at all, as it was only beneficial for all the benders. :/

Maybe Korra will try and find a solution which will prove to be beneficial for both benders and non-benders in Season 2? I dunno, but I hope so. This wasn't really a ''happy ending'' for the non-benders, after all.

Also, OMGOMGOMG BUMI!!! Shame he didn't get more screen-time than a couple of seconds, though, but I guess we'll see more of him AND Kya in the next season.

...Then thanks for spoiling it for those of us in the Pacific time zone?
SpknStrtRcngconfused.gif

Anyway, I too was surprised about the murder-suicide (or double suicide, sort of? Avatar Wiki pointed out that tear Noatak let out just before the explosion). Whoa. I also wonder what's going to happen with the Equalist movement. Even if the guy in charge was a "traitor," there are no doubt people who still feel the same way.

I'm surprised Nickelodeon allowed
Tarrlok's murder-suicide and Korra contemplating suicide (hence what Aang said about "When we hit our lowest point)
on a show on their network.

I really think you misinterpreted that. We know that Korra felt she wasn't the avatar anymore by her conversation with Mako a minute earlier; that's what Aang meant by lowest point in my opinion.

@Kthleen; I thought it was shown live. Don't blame me, it's your own fault for living there.

The finale was good, but not great. Ultimately this series has disappointed me thoroughly.

@Kthleen; I thought it was shown live. Don't blame me, it's your own fault for living there.

Er, you're not serious, are you?

The finale was good, but not great. Ultimately this series has disappointed me thoroughly.

It's a shame you feel that way. Personally I think this season's finale was better then A;TLA's first season. Plus, I don't see how this series could disappoint anyone. Though, I kinda wish
Korra hadn't become a fully realized Avatar right after using it one time. :/
Oh well.

I'm disturbed by the fact that Noatak AKA Amon just escaped immediately as soon as his supporters saw that he was a bender. I mean, how did that really change anything?
Sure, his story was a lie, but how does that really negate anything he was standing for? I mean, the non-benders should've reacted in the opposite way, admiring Amon, as a bender, for actually taking a look at life from a non-bender's perspective, realizing that it wasn't really a fair world they were living in. He was a bender, and just like other benders he could just have ignored the unfair natural advantages they had, and just go on with life. Instead, he actually cared for those poor people, and really wanted to change the world for their sake, trying to make life so much easier for them. That's more to admire than if he actually was a non-bender, which would automatically declare his actions understandable.

Amon was just like the benders that the equalists despised; using his powers to suppress others that didn't have the abilities that he did (as in, he was gifted with his bending abilities). The person they believed in was a complete sham. That's how I see it.

That was a sweet finale! I was expecting Amon's identity to be more shocking, but I was still pretty surprised. And Mako got Korra, it seems. Don't worry, Asami, you still have Bolin! You two kicked some major ass together, you know. ;D

Iroh is my new favorite character though! He's amazing! He can freaking FLY with his firebending! I don't remember even Zuko being able to do that. Only Ozai ever did it in TLA. Iroh took out a whole fleet of planes by himself too! That's some wicked stuff there. He's pretty cute too, on top of that. :D

Also, Iroh's grandfather definitely has to be Zuko. He referenced his respect for the avatar, and his name is the same as Zuko's uncle Iroh.

When we learned of Tarrlok and Noatak's past, I thought, "Some father they had!"

"Not now, Tenzin. I just want to be left alone." - Korra

"But you called me here." -Aang

30jgvwk.png

oig5qg.png
YES.

Last edited:

It's a shame you feel that way. Personally I think this season's finale was better then A;TLA's first season. Plus, I don't see how this series could disappoint anyone. Though, I kinda wish
Korra hadn't become a fully realized Avatar right after using it one time. :/
Oh well.

The combat sequences were good. I'm just disappointed in everything else.

Still kinda wondering how exactly bloodbending equaled energybending. Hoping they elaborate on that in the next season.

I think the ending was great. Them telling each other they loved each other at the end absolutely ruined it though. Shut the fuck up, you're like 16. They could have easily said just like "I really care for you" not "I love you." It just struck me as way too forced. Sure there was a bit of tension shown with that love triangle-square thing they had going on, but to me it wasn't emphasized quite enough to warrant them confessing their love for one another.

It didn't bother me so much the first time that I watched (I think I was still really excited to see Korra in the Avatar state and then later know that there is a way to restore bending) but now that I've rewatched it a few times it does get on my nerves xD That and I think the "I love you" line was delivered really badly.

The Aang and Katara kiss did bother me more though in comparison, because that was the last thing we ever saw. At least with Korra the last bit we saw was her being recognised as a fully realised Avatar by Tenzin, which is what seemed to be her main obstacle to overcome.

Unless we're talking about something that's actually live, like news, that's generally not how time zones work. And I'm not going to move across the country in order not to be spoiled about a cartoon.

Also, Iroh's grandfather definitely has to be Zuko. He referenced his respect for the avatar, and his name is the same as Zuko's uncle Iroh.
"DiMartino: Yeah, he’s in the finale. Just so we’re clear—he’s Zuko’s grandson, not his son. I think there was some speculation about whether he was his son or grandson. It is his grandson. He’s voiced by Dante Basco. The idea behind him was to have a swashbuckling hero-type guy. He’s the youngest general in the United Forces which is kind of the U.N. of the “Avatar” world now. We just thought it would be a fun way to tie in the legacy of Zuko without having Zuko be present there."

Oh, really? I don't remember that. It's been too long since I last saw TLA, I guess. xP
"The Boiling Rock, pt. 2": Cut to Azula fists as she firebends a huge jet of blue fire. Cut to an over head shot of Azula as she propels herself from the ground into the air. Cut to the line as the handcuff locks around it. Cut to the side view of Azula as she places on arm and a leg behind her and firebends another huge jet of fire. The force slides her across the line.

anyone else think that Tarrlok was being sarcastic when he said "it will be just like the good old days"? Because he and Noatak never really had 'good old days' together. Hence the tear as Noatak also knew this.
at least that's my interpretation.

anyone else think that Tarrlok was being sarcastic when he said "it will be just like the good old days"? Because he and Noatak never really had 'good old days' together. Hence the tear as Noatak also knew this.
In Tarrlok's flashback he referred to the days before his and Noatak's waterbending abilities surfaced as "the good old days". Before the rift between them started and their family was a happy one.

Tarrlok regretted all the harm he had done. He knew Noatak didn't share that sentiment and would try to restart his plans sometime down the line. At the same time, he still loved his brother.

I didn't see that line as sarcastic, more like resigned that this was the only path he thought he could take to both bring them together and prevent something like this from ever happening again.

They seemed relatively happy with their mother before Yacone made them bloodbend so I think that's what he meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom