• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first ten mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first te

I just like to object to his little part, rather then the whole thing. Do you realize how much these things cost to produce, on both sides, or really any production? And how would you feel if you spent a lot of hard work on something and then someone cuts it up and make it not make sense?

Maybe it's because I'm a film student that I'm a bit offended, but really, it is something to be concerned about. People who saw it on TV at that moment didn't even know if it was supposed to be like that or not. Yeah it's unlikely it'd be cut for EVERYTHING in the US, but still, how would anyone else know?

The last thing I want to do is to offend somebody, and I apologize for that. But I still stand by what I said previously... the way I see it, there are alot more important things in real life to get pissed about, some of which I'm experiencing or have experienced personally.

I agree with you though about if something like that were to happen to me, I would get pissed. If I were to start my own jewelry-making business and some retailer selling my stuff decided to screw up a piece that I worked hard on, then yeah, I would be pissed. But right now, I'm talking about myself and others as mere viewers, not employees of TPCi. The best that any of us could do is just forgive and forget, and then just catch the next airing or buy the DVD when it comes out.

Re: TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first te

Without showing Pokemon Baccer at the beginning of the movie, no first-time watcher of the movie would understand what the hell everyone's going on about the Baccer World Cup. Especially since they talk about it throughout the movie...

Glad I watched subs of the first 10 minutes before watching the rest of the movie.

Without showing Pokemon Baccer at the beginning of the movie, no first-time watcher of the movie would understand what the hell everyone's going on about the Baccer World Cup. Especially since they talk about it throughout the movie...

I understand that. It's happened to me several times before with other shows and movies that I watch. But what my point is that you can always watch it the next time it airs, and/or when it comes out on DVD. They're clearly gonna fix the problem the next go-around, so there's really nothing to worry about. That said, there's no reason for anybody to be acting like it's the end of the world, and screaming "Cartoon Network is evulz!!11! I hate them!!" That's the impression I got from most people in this thread, and all I'm saying is that there's always next time, therefore it's nothing to worry about.

I was hoping to hear the extended Sinnoh League Victors theme as well.

You wouldn't have heard it anyway. There is no extended theme during this movie, as the opening credits occur during the opening title (like the Giratina movie).

Cartoon Network also air those advertisements that mostly don't relate to Pokémon and they broadcast things like Adventure Time or any useless time-consuming program (What Pokémon fans are gonna watch that stuff?).
Posted via Mobile Device

Apparently the FCC won't let them, as soccer moms didn't want Pokemon to be a 20 min ad for toys and DS games like in Japan, where they show ads for Toys based off whatever anime you were watching (toyetic anime) during ad breaks, for example.

To be honest, I could vaguely make out what happened during the first ten minuites even without it. The edit was pointless, yes, but it didn't create much of a plothole so much as just not showing what happened prior to the movie title sequence and leaving us to figure out what happened before.

The fact that CN pulled such a boneheaded stunt does not surprise me in the least. The more I watch of that network, the less I enjoy it. I am so glad that I missed the movie on the 5th. Just means I'll sit and watch it when I hit the Mall of America for the Black and White tour. And there's always the DVD.

It's one thing to cut a few minutes off a movie to save space...it's a whole other thing to cut the whole FIRST TEN MINUTES of a movie out.

That's just as bad as the first movie, where 4kids cut the first 20 minutes. But then again, they mutated the whole movie anyways.

Luckily, I didn't get a chance to see the CN version of Zoroark, yet.

YOU SIGN THE CONTRACT, YOU DEAL WITH IT!!!

You should've just get it on toonzai or nick if ya didn't like CN's movie cut

That's just as bad as the first movie, where 4kids cut the first 20 minutes. But then again, they mutated the whole movie anyways.

You mean the birth of Mewtwo portion? Eh, to be fair, they did show that on the "Mewtwo Returns" dvd.

A more apt example would be like the start of the 5th movie where the whole legend of Alto Mare was cut out.

You mean the birth of Mewtwo portion? Eh, to be fair, they did show that on the "Mewtwo Returns" dvd.

A more apt example would be like the start of the 5th movie where the whole legend of Alto Mare was cut out.

Wasn't that because 4Kids weren't very happy with the art shift? Or did they just want to make up their own crappy legend...

I don't think they ever came out and said why they did that.

Or why the DVD has that awful blue film on it, for that matter.

I seriously had a WTFudge moment when they showed the Colosseum, and it had no backstory. Also, this would have been the FIRST movie where there was no appearance by the male in-game character which I KNEW was messed up.

I guess I now have a reason to go see Movie 13 at the Black and White event.

When will the movie be re-airing again with the missing first 10 minutes?

(I don't think I can wait for the DVD)

Fail xD.

Probably CN did that so they could fit more advertisements in...

see CN?
TPCI was not amused.

That's just as bad as the first movie, where 4kids cut the first 20 minutes.

Most likely they never even had that footage in the first place. It wasn't available in Japan until the special edition home release, which came out about the same time as the theater premiere of the English dub. The original Japanese theater cut of the movie had the exact same footage as the English version, just without the CG, so presumably 4Kids were send a version with the added CG, but without the added backstory scene, which probably hadn't been completed at the time the movie was shipped off to America.

I wasn't aware of the severity of these cuts until after the airing.

I understand removing the "world of "Pokémon" intro for time, especially as the Zoroark movie aired on Cartoon Network directly after the Giratiana movie which included the intro.

Even the stuff with Zoroark and the dude who captured and was using him was easy enough to follow, its once we got to the townspeople gossiping in Crown City that I felt like, "am i supposed to know what they're talking about?"

It is clear that Cartoon Network wanted to maximize their profits, knowing full well that this movie will give them high ratings, and did so by airing several commercials of movies.

Cartoon Network almost never aired more than 5 minutes of commercials in a sequence up until this moment, especially when it pertains to a movie (Cartoon Network's "Flicks" block almost always goes back to the movie after 2.5 minutes of commercials).

The network also believes that the demographic that they expected to watch the Pokemon movie would also watch the Adventure Time episode tagged after it. I am not a fan of Adventure Time at all, so Cartoon Network really skewered those estimates.

Again, I would like to stress out that CN will most likely not re-air this movie until they pull off a Pokemon marathon block (to promote a game or product from the franchise), or a holiday movie block (in which the movie will be squeezed in between what CN usually airs in a movie block).

Just to let you know, I've added a modified version of your post in the news article in order to expand it. So, nevermind :bounce: :-D

Thank you, I guess... I never expected that my post would contribute to the article. It wasn't intended to be a formal presentation so I hope you can forgive me for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom