• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who Do You Want To See in the Next Super Smash Bros. Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make Ganondorf less... lame.

Amen.

For me: One of the heroes from Dragon Quest/Warrior, preferably Erdrick, hero of DQ III (I hope guys who read Bulbanews know about that...), Yarn Kirby (HE'S SO CUTE! And maybe, for his Final Smash, he can team up with Prince Fluff for Tank! The arm sorta controls itself.), and Toon Zelda. Toon Zelda was actually supposed to be in Brawl. I liked the idea, especially if it meant seeing what Nintendo did for Shiek. Don't question it. Shiek was remodeled with a Twilight Princess design, and she didn't appear in THAT game, did she? I also want
(drumroll...)
MASTER HAND!
(as a legally playable character).
Also, Miis are a bad idea for new character. If you want me to explain it in 'Smash Terms', then tough. If Miis have a customizable moveset, why can't you just make them all OHKOs?
Also, I hear that there's a 3DS Smash game. I hope that:
a) there is DS Download Play or DS Multicard Play
b) there is online connection.

Lyn from Fire Emblem would be pretty cool. She could have the Mani Katti and a bow, and would get the Sol Katti for her final smash.
3-D boob jiggle

New idea:
Why not Crono or Robo from Chrono Trigger?
Crono
Special Moves:
Normal Special: Lightning
Crono fires a bolt of lightning. Can be charged. At max, 14% damage.

Side Special: Wind Slash
Crono rushes forward while attacking. 10% damage. Can be aimed, like Fox Illusion.

Up Special: Cyclone
Basically a clone of Link's Spin Attack.

Down Special: Cleave
On the ground, Crono will stab the ground and do damage to anyone near him. In the air, he'll shoot straight downward and stab. Does 12% damage in the air and 7% on the ground.

Final Smash: Luminaire
Crono casts Luminaire and does massive damage to anyone around him. Does 30% damage, but only covers the same area as Negative Zone.

Taunts:
Up Taunt: Crono rises up into the air in a small tornado.
Down Taunt: Crono strikes at the air with his katana.
Side Taunt: Crono electrifies himself.
Robo
Special Moves
Normal Special: Robo Tackle
Robo jumps forward and slams the enemy. If he misses, he trips. Does 10% damage.

Side Special: Rapid Fire Fist
Robo launches his hand to strike the opponent. If he hits, another one is launched. The chain can continue until 12 punches. Each punch does 1% damage.

Down Special: Reflect
Robo creates a shield that reflects energy attacks. An enemy directly next to Robo will take 3% damage when the shield is cast.

Up Special: Electrocute
Robo delivers a massive shock from his core. In the air, the explosion will send him flying upwards. Does 13% damage.

Final Smash: Proximity Bomb
Robo unleashes an explosion. Does about 25% damage to enemies near him. Slightly larger range than Luminaire.

Taunts:
Up Taunt: Robo looks around.
Down Taunt: Robo's chest plates retract and he lets off steam.
Side Taunt: Robo takes his fighting stance and says "I am ready to fight!"
Okay, those movesets took a while to write out.

Realistically, if we were going to get a SquareEnix character it would probably be either Cloud Strife or one of the playables from Mario Hoops (Moogle, Black Mage, White Mage, etc.).

But I like Dragon Quest...
Also, I saw someone said that the Yoshi series didn't have any villains. That's a bunch of bull.

there's Bowser Jr.

Correction: the enemy is Baby Bowser. If the enemy was Bowser Jr., Mario would be an adult (or somefin).Since the Yoshi series takes place when Mario's a baby, the enemy is therefore Baby Bowser (and Shy Guys).
Speaking of Baby Mario and Smash, the trophy says Mario wasn't sporting overalls when he was a baby. On the trophy, he is.
Oh yeah, anyone think Plusle and Minun can get in (as a tag team)? Legend says that Plusle and Minun were going to be in Brawl (like Toon Zelda and possible Toon Shiek).

Oh yeah, anyone think Plusle and Minun can get in (as a tag team)? Legend says that Plusle and Minun were going to be in Brawl (like Toon Zelda and possible Toon Shiek).

I doubt it. Plusle and Minun are overall not very popular characters. I'd expect someone from Gen V if there's going to be a new Pokemon character, like Zoroark or Oshawott or Victini.

And it's not legend, it's dummied out files from Brawl.

I do think we'll finally get Toon Zelda, and hopefully she'll turn into Phantom Zelda instead of Toon Shiek.

ditto in a poke-ball where he transforms into the nearest fighter and beats up the enemy for a little bit

Surely Tetra would make more sense? :p

Not really, since Tetra has never done anything combat related.

Toon Zelda on the other hand has actually fought shit in Spirit Tracks. And Phantom Zelda actually has three canon moves (Flaming Sword, Teleport, and Wrecking Ball) that could be easily implemented as altered versions of Ike's Erupton, Jigglypuff's Rollout, and Mewtwo's teleport. Then Toon Zelda herself could have a slightly different version of Zelda's moveset (maybe with a temporary insubstantial Ghost form replacing one of the spells).

I second Phantom Zelda. The whole Hyrule crew needs buffs too.

I really want Mewtwo to come back. Really bad. I'm betting they'll replace Lucario with Zoroark.

Amaterasu would be a great addition. The franchise needs more female fighters.

Dude, do not push away the idea for Toon Shiek. If it is a Zelda semi-clone (like Toon Link), then IT SHALL HAVE TOON SHIEK.
If Toon Zelda gets in, and Toon Shiek doesn't, I'm gonna get Sakurai.
*finger snap*
Maybe it could be a three-way transformation? Like Zelda->Phantom Zelda->Shiek.
Like the armor forms, creating Phantom Zelda. The armour falls off, revealing Toon Shiek. Then, a standard Transformation (but with different graphics) back to Toon Zelda.
I also came up with one problem: which type of Phantom would Zelda be?

Last edited:
Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi Waluigi

I hope they replace Lucario with Mewtwo as well, but I'm guessing something as will happen.

It'd be nice to see Birdo, Tails and possibly another Pokemon appear too.

Dude, do not push away the idea for Toon Shiek. If it is a Zelda semi-clone (like Toon Link), then IT SHALL HAVE TOON SHIEK.
If Toon Zelda gets in, and Toon Shiek doesn't, I'm gonna get Sakurai.
*finger snap*
Maybe it could be a three-way transformation? Like Zelda->Phantom Zelda->Shiek.
Like the armor forms, creating Phantom Zelda. The armour falls off, revealing Toon Shiek. Then, a standard Transformation (but with different graphics) back to Toon Zelda.
I also came up with one problem: which type of Phantom would Zelda be?
Except Toon Zelda and Phantom Zelda, as a character design existed, while Toon Shiek doesn't. I don't know why you'd want a rehash character of Zelda with the only real difference being drawn toon-like, when we could actually have a unique Zelda character. Yeah, sure its still a swordsman, but Phantom Zelda's techniques are actually fairly different from Link's sword techniques

If you read Zeta's post, it suggests Zelda use a combination of all her phantom powers. Not that strange considering they gave Zelda an entire moveset we were never shown she had in Melee and Brawl.

Yeah, back to Yoshi Series reps...really, it's kind of a artifact now that Yoshi is in his own series. He's so close to Mario that there's really not that much for him in terms of characters, and even in Melee one of the Yoshi Stages was from Super Mario World. They should just combine him with Mario, imo.

The only realistic rep I can see is Shy Guy...he's primarily Mario, sure, but is Yoshi's main enemy in all his games, and would be a nice compliment to Yoshi since he comes into different colors. Could probably have a moveset based off the various Shy Guy variants and spin-offs, like Fly Guy, a kart move, a tennis raquet/baseball bat, or something.

Yeah, back to Yoshi Series reps...really, it's kind of a artifact now that Yoshi is in his own series. He's so close to Mario that there's really not that much for him in terms of characters, and even in Melee one of the Yoshi Stages was from Super Mario World. They should just combine him with Mario, imo.

The only realistic rep I can see is Shy Guy...he's primarily Mario, sure, but is Yoshi's main enemy in all his games, and would be a nice compliment to Yoshi since he comes into different colors. Could probably have a moveset based off the various Shy Guy variants and spin-offs, like Fly Guy, a kart move, a tennis raquet/baseball bat, or something.

Well, Poochy, but he's become such a minor character over the years. In the original Yoshi's Island he was pretty important, but that's pretty much the only additional supporting character exclusive to Yoshi's series.

Let me think of the important recurring supporting characters for the other game franchises that have not yet been used . . .

Mario: Pretty much all covered aside from Koopalings (Bowser Jr.), Toad, or a group of Bowser's minions (Goomba, Lakitu, and Troopa as a team)
Luigi's Mansion: E. Gadd, King Boo
Wario: Captain Syrup, Mona, Jimmy T.
Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Donkey Kong Jr.
Kid Icarus: Medusa, Palutena, Eggplant Wizard
F-Zero: Samurai Goroh, Jody Summers, Black Shadow
Metroid: Ridley, Metroid Prime, Kraid, any one of the other bounty hunters from Hunters or Metroid Prime 3 (probably Weevil since he's an actual Space Pirate and thus the main character of his "Race").
Kirby: Waddle Dee, Prince Fluff, Gooey
Zelda: Toon Zelda/Phantom Zelda, Tingle, Vaati
Yoshi: Poochy
Pokemon: Tons, but the ones relevant to Generation V going by Nintendo's marketing are probably Victini and Zoroark. Pokemon trainer N with the ability to switch between Rerisham and Zerkrom is also probably a possibility.
StarFox: Krystal
Pikmin: Any of the enemies (Louie on a Bulborb?), someone from Pikmin 3.
Earthbound/Mother and Fire Emblem: Too many possibilities to list.

Guest Properties
Metal Gear: Liquid Snake, Raiden
Sonic: Tails, Dr. Eggman

I know this is crazy, but personally I'd like to see a revamped Captain N redesigned in the style of Pit's Smash Bros re-appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom