• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you prefer Pokemon on smartphones?

Would you prefer Pokemon on smartphones?

• Yes; so many new features could be added!

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No; I prefer the traditional, cheaper hardware!

Votes: 32 91.4%

• Total voters
No, I do not have a smart phone, and am not interested in buying one even for a pokemon game.

Even if I did have a smart phone, I'd still prefer to play it on a dedicated handheld. I don't personally see how it would be an advantage to be on a smart phone at all.

I wouldn't mind some mini-games available on Android ((or Apple)) devices but I want the main games to stay on dedicated gaming handhelds. I don't mind carrying around the extra device when I need to...that's what a purse is for!!

Yes. Smartphones are much more powerful then the pathetic system that is the 3DS. I bought a 3Ds Xl under the impression it was an HD system. The fact that my iPhone is more powerful than the 3DS is pretty pitiful. If Nintendo/Game Freak aren't going to switch to HD by the next game then I can definitely say I'm done with the franchise. It's holding the series back a ton. Video games switch to HD in 2005. Game Freak needs to catch up. If they were to switch to smartphones (or tablets), HD Graphics, and keep the games as they are now then sure I'd buy. The fact that non HD games are even being made these days is just sad.
You are going to give up on the pokemon franchise if the next games don't have pretty, unnecessary HD graphics? And here i thought it was gameplay over crappy, unnecessary, pretty graphics.

Yes. Smartphones are much more powerful then the pathetic system that is the 3DS. I bought a 3Ds Xl under the impression it was an HD system. The fact that my iPhone is more powerful than the 3DS is pretty pitiful. If Nintendo/Game Freak aren't going to switch to HD by the next game then I can definitely say I'm done with the franchise. It's holding the series back a ton. Video games switch to HD in 2005. Game Freak needs to catch up. If they were to switch to smartphones (or tablets), HD Graphics, and keep the games as they are now then sure I'd buy. The fact that non HD games are even being made these days is just sad.

Please come back when you can personally program a 1080p game onto a system that's as powerful as the Wii

Pokemon was designed for the handheld device and will always be best played on handhelds and future consoles. Smartphones are not specifically designed for gaming and will not be able to bring out the best of pokemon. Sure, it may be the best way to get more people to play pokemon (easier access and such), but it would lose its merits.

Maybe a spin-off mini-game could be an app (like Berry Picking), but never the main series.

Does anyone know if the 3DS camera can scan a target area well enough for the 3DS to create proper 3D models of the Pokemon? Otherwise, this could be a thing for the next console. I would like to try this kind of game out, but rather on a 3DS than on a phone. Pokemon battles would look nice too. I wonder how they would deal with the size of Pokemon. Anyway, there would be a lot of work behind such a game, but I hope to see one in the future.

You can already play all the previous generations of Pokemon on android and iOS up to black and white (using emulators). As far as I know there isn't a real fast/playable 3ds emulator out yet for either android or iOS. (but I'm not really current on the 3ds emu scene, but it will come eventually)

The only real drawback to it is you may require a more high end phone to emulate DS games and the lack of tactile buttons... which are nice to have but you can play the games quite well with a touchscreen. It just takes some getting used to. And if you could not live without buttons, there are a plethora of options as far as connecting a Bluetooth remote is concerned. (Ps3, Wii or many other aftermarket ones designed specifically for a phone with a built in cradle)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom