• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Just seeing what my former workplace looks like.

-------------

And I might have a new chapter of Poke Wars: Downfall of a Champion out soon.

I'm coming along on the first installment on my new fic. For some reason I've found some inspiration after not really feeling writing for a while. I have been feeling down about my abilities and doubting myself when it comes to writing, so bear with me guys.

I totally know how you feel. A few months ago, I totally lost both my ability and my desire to write. After several failed attempts at continuing old stories (and starting a new one in November for NaNoWriMo- at which I failed utterly), I decided to go back to the basics and start learning the craft all over again.

It's helped a lot, and it's helped to bring forth a totally new story (which I probably won't be posting here; hopefully I won't need to :p).

Aye, I feel the same way all the time... if only I could get myself to follow the advice I provided in my Fic of the Month interview. xC I can't help but feel that I'm wasting my time, and I frequently contemplate giving up. My mind just seems convinced that my writing is horrible because I rarely ever get any comments. I'm aware that popularity usually has nothing to do with the quality of the story, but that doesn't stop me from doubting my abilities.

Hey guise~ I've been lurking the Writer's Workshop for awhile and decided to post here :p I wish I had more time to write fics, but school is so time consuming. I like reviewing and reading other's stories though. Well....that's about it.

You could always write your stories just do a little bit every night before bed. Might take you a little bit longer though. If I don't write I at least try to come up with one idea for a new CH a night.

Hey guise~ I've been lurking the Writer's Workshop for awhile and decided to post here :p I wish I had more time to write fics, but school is so time consuming. I like reviewing and reading other's stories though. Well....that's about it.

You could always write your stories just do a little bit every night before bed. Might take you a little bit longer though. If I don't write I at least try to come up with one idea for a new CH a night.

I tend to stretch myself pretty thin. Homework, soccer, being an admin on Bulbapedia, and, writing. My days get pretty crazy. I'm constantly brainstorming ideas and writing things down, just haven't turned them into real stories as of yet.

I tend to stretch myself pretty thin. Homework, soccer, being an admin on Bulbapedia, and, writing. My days get pretty crazy. I'm constantly brainstorming ideas and writing things down, just haven't turned them into real stories as of yet.

We are glad to have you anyway!

This is a great place if you like stories. Welcome.

I just wanted to make sure everybody knows I'm going by "Prof. Lugion" for the time being. :p

I never feel very welcome here for some reason. ?_? I frequently make an effort to join in conversations, but... eh. Then again, I feel ignored pretty much wherever I go.

I take it you're referring to activity on this forum in general and not specifically my activity? Though, I suppose it's understandable either way... I'm not one to read others' work. Silly me... I always wonder why barely anyone reads my writing, and yet I never do any reading of my own. 8I

Well, I was referring to the activity of the Writer's Workshop. I might just be spoiled though, 2010 was an absolute boom year for the Workshop, and that's when I joined up.

But yeah. I'd honestly suggest you find a fic you like and read from there, though I understand perfectly if you simply don't want to read others' works. It can be tough getting into them, and real-world responsibilities have to take priority.

Heh, perhaps I shouldn't have waited to start posting my fic.

I wish I could, but I'm just not a big reader... I have a hard time even getting myself to read books for school.

Heh, perhaps I shouldn't have waited to start posting my fic.

I wish I could, but I'm just not a big reader... I have a hard time even getting myself to read books for school.
Simple answer is to wait until you've got nothing better to do, then open up a story and get reading. An alternative is to go download a text reader and copypaste a story into it, then listen to it on a night as you go to bed, if you have a computer within it's vicinity.

Now, about your fic, give it time and I'm sure people'll be drawn to it. Patience is always good, let's others take their time and makes them feel comfortable, rather then awkward and not as interested when someone goes "No one reads my fic, could you go do it?", since they'll feel like they've been forced to read it even if you just asked politely. That's my advice.

An alternative is to go download a text reader and copypaste a story into it, then listen to it on a night as you go to bed, if you have a computer within it's vicinity.
I tried this years ago. I hope text to speech software has improved a lot since then, cause it was basically like listening to the fat police dog in Animal Crossing. "blub bwub buubbubb blub"

An alternative is to go download a text reader and copypaste a story into it, then listen to it on a night as you go to bed, if you have a computer within it's vicinity.
I tried this years ago. I hope text to speech software has improved a lot since then, cause it was basically like listening to the fat police dog in Animal Crossing. "blub bwub buubbubb blub"
I'm not aware of any such advances, but it's better then nothing o3o

Back
Top Bottom