• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW Movie 01 Speculation Thread - "Victini and the Dark/Light Hero: Zekrom/Reshiram"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW Movie 01 Speculation Thread - "Victini and the Dark/Light Hero: Zekrom/Reshira

Iteru said:
I wonder what happens after Carlita exposes Victini; will the the spectators and judges turn against Satoshi? I doubt they'll be amused xD

She doesn't expose his GameShark use to a big group or anything like that; she just tells Satoshi, Iris, and Dent. No angry pitchfork carrying mob here.

Re: BW Movie 01 Speculation Thread - "Victini and the Dark/Light Hero: Zekrom/Reshira

^^ Carlita seems nice ^_^

unlike, a person with the same name that i know...

She doesn't expose his GameShark use to a big group or anything like that; she just tells Satoshi, Iris, and Dent. No angry pitchfork carrying mob here.

Aww, I was kinda hoping there would have been xD I guess she doesn't mind losing the matches (and the tournament?) that much then.

Ha, I was right in my earlier speculation that Victini was what caused Pokabu's SUPER EMBER.

I AM A SPECULATION GOD. :0

Robots, Victini, Mijumaru, Pikachu, Pokabu, Zuruggu, Kibago! This movies is looking real awesome.

Ha, I was right in my earlier speculation that Victini was what caused Pokabu's SUPER EMBER.

*sigh* That slightly depresses me. I was hoping Pokabu had learned a move prior to the movie and did that on its own. :p

Thanks for translating that, Dogasu. Sounds good so far, but I do think Tsutarja should have been the one battling Jalorda instead of Pikachu (which is just a minor complaint, anyways). Dent and Iris not battling in the tournament and being separated from Satoshi at one point is also discouraging. Hopefully they'll get more focus throughout the movie in its entirety.

Victini's ability to give others power interests me. I'm also glad it doesn't talk. I hope it's more powerful itself than previous small legendaries.

Last edited:

I now can't get an image of Ash, Iris and Cilan being chased by angry people with torches and pitchforks out of my head xD

As this manga is seemingly based on the Zekrom movie, I was curious, do you know of any plans of them doing one for the Reshiram movie, or do TPC just like Zekrom more (y'know, being the first of the duo announced to be in a movie, then the manga choice)?

It could just be that the artist likes Zekrom more. Even though, so far, she's only gotten to draw Reshiram in action.

I wouldn't put it past Shogakukan to release two graphic novels based on the movies, with each one having a few altered panels here and there.

Besides the poster, do we have any sighting of Tsutarja in the movie?

It does the same thing in Zurug's fight against Carlita's Sazandra.

That has to be in the actual movie, I'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen, especially if Scraggy is fairly weak as it is now. Seeing Scraggy knocking out a Hydreigon is just too funny to pass.

Though Scraggy being part fighting does have somewhat of an advantage over Hydreigon, wonder if it has a fighting type move at this point.

Tepig and Samurott? Well I don't care as much but I guess it'll be interesting to see Tepig knocking it out.

And I agree about Pikachu. But then again this a movie, we all know whoever does the movies has fangasms every time he or she sees Pikachu in action. Therfore obviously Pikachu was going to be used. But I guess seeing Scraggy, Tepig, and Oshawott battling won't be too bad.

Trying to remain relatively spoiler free about the plot (so I skimmed most of what was said), just the whole gameshark thing intrigued me, but any word on Ash's "wildcard" slot is. Does he have Swadloon with him or Tranquill? Though with no mention of Snivy, I guess the answer would be a "no, we don't know."

I don't know if we'll see much of whichever one Ash has...the starters and Scraggy are definitely higher-tier compared to regional bird and bug, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they just cameo in the opening segment and the like.

I'd say Tranquil, if only because she'll be back by the Elgyem episode which isn't too far off from the movie...then again, there may be a disrepency between the movie and show teams since we're three episodes ahead.

I don't know if we'll see much of whichever one Ash has...the starters and Scraggy are definitely higher-tier compared to regional bird and bug, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they just cameo in the opening segment and the like.

I'd say Tranquil, if only because she'll be back by the Elgyem episode which isn't too far off from the movie...then again, there may be a disrepency between the movie and show teams since we're three episodes ahead.

It's not that I really care, but I still wonder if depending on the movie, depends on which Pokemon Ash has with him.

Like the Zekrom movie he has Tranquill but in the Reshiram movie he has Swadloon.

But regardless I honestly would doubt if the actual episodes in the anime are any indicator. I mean the movie writer(s) know Ash has a Tranquill and Swadloon at his disposal, along with Scraggy, Pikachu and the three starter Pokemon. So it is a wonder which one will be used in place of the other.

Then again you might have a point, they could easily take easiest (and cheapest) route and not show Ash with six of his Pokemon. I mean he only had four in the Darkrai movie, right? so it would be fine if Ash only had five Pokemon in these movies.

I AM A SPECULATION GOD. :0

You're not the only one who thought that. ;D

Anyway, this seems interesting, especially the battles and the town having a festival I wonder if there is a night time scene with fireworks going in the air, I like those sorts of scenes. And Ash having another interaction with a Deerling, that's nice to here.

[SIGIMGH]http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8819/film14poke.jpg[/SIGIMGH]

Tranquil's here, Swadloon isn't and I love how Excadrill has it's back turned to the group, I guess it still isn't obeying Iris.

Last edited:

Does this mean that all of the Pokemon will appear? Or is it just to show off the Teams Pokemon?

I hope we see the Pokemon here, probably sometime near the beginning of the movie like in movie 13 or movie 12.

If anyone cares, here's the scan I found of the scene when two brothers (?) face off each other.

Looking forward to seeing this animated! ^^

These brothers are to the twin heroes' sons as the anime Dr. Fuji was to the game Dr. Fuji. The inspiration is blatant, but there are notable deviations (especially in Fuji's case).

I'm glad they're following the story, but I do wonder how much will that affect the BW storyline, and most especially N.

I'm glad they're following the story, but I do wonder how much will that affect the BW storyline, and most especially N.

It sounds like they are following the legend (with the two brothers facing off) more than the BW story plot...unless that scan was a flashback/story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom