• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Doctor Who Mafia - Game over- Town win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Night 1- 05/04/13

The night has ended, all actions are locked.

Update pending.

Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Night 1- 05/04/13

1) @Mijzelffan;
2) @jokool;
3) @Soulmaster;
4) @Setra;
5) @Akuraito;
6) @jda95;
7) @Paperhorse;
8) @Flame_;
9) @GliscorMan;
10) @Buoy;
12) @Greece;
13) @CrackFox;
14) @Neon Borealis;
15) @Pokemad;
16) @Yatagarasu;
17) @KidBeano;
18) @m0ckingbird20;

The Doctor was furious after learning of Rose Tyler's death, and the foes knew this is when he is most dangerous. Instead of a reckless face on attack, they used the cover of night and picked their target.

Before they knew what was happening, it was too late. The enemy was in their house and had blocked all methods of escape. They were backed into a corner, this was it, the Doctor couldn't save them now. The male stood, arms spread defiantly in front of his wife, but it was pointless. As his lifeless body thudded to the ground, she opened her mouth and screamed as the assailant advanced on her. It was over before she could resist.

Dear Flame_,

K3skoTN.png

You are Amy Pond

You are the first companion of the eleventh Doctor, and the biological mother of Melody Pond/River Song. You first meet the Doctor when you are seven years old, and he promises to return to you and take you for an adventure. Due to an oversight on the Doctors side, he accidently returns twelve years later. This lead people to assume he was just an imaginary friend of yours, “The Raggedy Doctor.”

Because of your relationship with fellow companion and childhood friend Rory Williams, you are a Lover.

ygCrrCG.png

You know the identity of Rory Williams before the game has started, and you two will share a QT. If Rory is to die, you will die too.

Your partner is Buoy

You are aligned with the Town
Lynch all players aligned with the Mafia to win.​

Dear Buoy,

YWyRVOf.png

You are Rory Williams

You are a childhood friend of Amy Pond and have long been attracted to her, which for a while went unnoticed, until other childhood friend Mels pointed it out to Amy. During your adventures with the Doctor you have died numerous times, been completely erased from history, and turned into a plastic Roman legionnaire. You also waited almost two thousand years for Amy, who was locked inside the Pandorica.

Because of your relationship with fellow companion and childhood friend Amy Pond, you are a Lover.

ygCrrCG.png

You know the identity of Amy Pond before the game has started, and you two will share a QT. If Amy is to die, you will die too.

Your partner is Flame_.

You are aligned with the Town
Lynch all players aligned with the Mafia to win.​

Flame_ has died, she was allied with the town.

Buoy has died, he was allied with the town.

It is now day 2, you may continue to vote.

Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Day 2- 08/04/13

But... But... Rory can't die! He's died too many times to die now!

Interesting that it was Buoy, though. He had been sticking up for Mij. I wonder which the Mafia's target actually was, though?

Well... that went bad.

OK, so Mafia (probably) tried to kill either Byou or Flame_, from the FT I think it was Flame_ and because of their roles they both died. Just to make sure, did I get this right?

Edit:
Got Ninja'd by GliscorMan. :p

It seems like Buoy since it said the husband was defending his wife and died first. Also on an interesting note Buoy was actually against Mijz and then defending him which would make mafia choosing him even more interesting.

VOTE: Mijzelffan

If he turns up mafia then we have some leads on who to go after. If he turns up town then well we mislynched it happens. His actions so far have been anti-town meaning that even if he is town I don't believe that it will hurt us too much. I'm also disturbed by the fact that he's been letting others defend him for most of the night phase.

NOT THE PONDS!!!

doctor-who-series-7-008-2.jpg

Noooo! At least I die with my true love. :)

NOT THE PONDS!!!

doctor-who-series-7-008-2.jpg
Man you have been posting pics and gifs throughout the game could you give us anything cause that will eventually turn as scumtell against you.

Edit:
VOTE: Mijzelffan

If he turns up mafia then we have some leads on who to go after. If he turns up town then well we mislynched it happens. His actions so far have been anti-town meaning that even if he is town I don't believe that it will hurt us too much. I'm also disturbed by the fact that he's been letting others defend him for most of the night phase.
I already said that I think it's wiser to wait for a cop-check on him, but you do have a point that even in case he flips Town we will have something to go on. I wanna hear Mij's opinion before I cast my vote though.

Aww, I liked the ponds. If Clara isn't in this game they're my favourites.

If he turns up town then well we mislynched it happens.

So I'm definite mafia and anti-town for voting Spectrum, but when you vote me and I turn out innocent everyone's supposed to ignore it? Contradiction much?

His actions so far have been anti-town meaning that even if he is town I don't believe that it will hurt us too much.

I actually haven't done anything that hurt the town so far besides placing the hammer vote on spectrum, someone of who I couldn't possibly know the allignment unless I was a daycop like someone already pointed out.

I'm also disturbed by the fact that he's been letting others defend him for most of the night phase.

I made multiple posts defending myself and have provided a defense for every major accusation against me. I honestly don't think you've read any of my points and it seems like you are just jumping to the opportunity of lynching me as quickly as possible whatever the reason / my defense.

vote: yatagarasu

Hypocritical and way too keen on lynching me. You can at least consider my defense posts.

I've got a big collection of those bookmarked, so I plan on spamming them throughout this game.

Anyway, I'm not sure if we should be going after Mijzelffan just yet. I know his actions have been odd, but I don't think it's enough to lynch him. I know it's a toss up on what side he could be on, but I just don't think that a mafia would do something like that to draw so much attention on themselves.

I do find it odd how Yatagarasu keeps going after him though.

Also:

tumblr_mgbs0aF7Ew1r32pypo1_250.gif

@Mijzelffan; You voted Spectrum day one to clear yourself early on because you assumed that you would be the nightkill target. In other words instead of thinking about the town as a whole you admit to thinking selfishly. I have been reading your posts and about half of them consist of you saying you're automatically cleared because you're a double voter. Prove to me this phase that you're town. If you're town then lets find the scum this phase. Deal?

UNVOTE: Mijzelffan

for now

unvote: yatagarasu

Allright, let's find out if anyone else has any good leads then.

Vote: Yatagarasu

Pushing lynches like that, and then withdrawing when the threat of turning the bandwagon around appeared seems rather odd to me. On top of that, a ton of your statements completely contradict each other. You haven't defended yourself earlier when I pointed this out, and then you went on to make more statements like that.

Examples:

Also on an interesting note Buoy was actually against Mijz and then defending him

Fairly certain Buoy was pushing for a lynch and no cop-check on Mij, which seemed suspicious at the time (Which is why I think Flame was the target, because Buoy could've been a potential misslynch.) Buoy never really defended Mij at all, but you say he did both the defense and offense, when Buoy really only had one post about Mij?

I agree with Buoy that a cop checked would be wasted because the whole godfather possibility unless on the off chance he's an indep

Overall right now Mijzelffan's actions are anti town meaning he's either mafia or a harmful townie

The original one, which basically says that you think there's a good chance he's Mafia, but you agreed with Buoy that a cop check would be wasted?

I don't see why Mijzelffan saw a point to prove his role when nothing was forcing him to do so. Killing a town to do that was unfortunate, but if he had killed a mafia member I don't see this whole thing on him being suspicious being a thing. I think Mijzelffan is far too experienced to put that much suspicion on himself without an ulterior motive. And I do appreciate the day 1 lynch. It got the game moving even if it put the town at a disadvantage. If the lynch was just to not get him from dying early then it was very poor judgement on his part.

I'd also like to point out that Crackfox always seems to try to move the attention away from Mijzelffan.

And as always, Yatagarasu seems to be trying really hard to seem pro-town. Its become so normal that it could easily be used to cover herself.

Jokool seems very keen on hiding behind his picture spam and when questioned he only spouted out the general consensus on Mijzelffan, twice.

FoS: Mijzelffan, Crackfox, Yatagarasu, and Jokool

Last edited:

Opinion hasn't changed substantially from yesterday; not convinced either way of Mijz's alignment, just vaguely suspicious of his actions (though admittedly I am aware of his tendency to die early :p). If we interpret the flavor text as Buoy being the true target of the nightkill, it's just wifomtastic so not gonna bother attempting to garner a meaning from it. I'm more likely now to believe Mijz's innocence but I'd agree that there's not exactly enough evidence at this stage to really justify a lynch so I won't pursue it any further today.

The only person who has raised my suspicions at the present is Yatagarasu really; the pushing other players for information always seems like a diversionary tactic to me and of course you do seem a little too focused in your gunning toward Mijz even through this "truce" you're presenting now. But then again I might be reading you completely wrong; sometimes the most obvious pro-town players are actually pro-town. ;P

vague-sorta-kinda-noncommittal-dontujudgeme-fos: Mijzelffan and Yatagarasu

I am still unable to decide on Mij's alignment.

But the same goes for @Yatagarasu; (can I call you Mido? I can't get used to the name and I can't call you Yata for short cause well Yata is another member :p) she is right now being accused for what she does on every game, being "aggressive" and pushing people for info. It's nothing new and although she could be doing it to appear as Town while she is scum we can't use it against her.

Also her "truce" with Mij is kinda self explanatory. Yatagarasu was either hoping to push Mij for more info or get support on that wagon. When Mij voted against her (don't forget that Mij is a double voter) Yatagarasu was at a disadvantage, and realized that this threatened to turn on a wagon against her and she chose this "truce". I can't say that I this is necessaries a scum move it's just a player trying to avoid a possible lynch.

On the other hand Mij has had many contradictions on her posts which are a bit suspicious.

Also, as it has been stated @Doctor jokool; posted gifs and pictures that have been completely unhelpful and when asked to give any thoughts he gave general cases that kinds didn't help at all.
@Setra; Can you give us some examples about your accusation on CrackFox?

Since everyone is doing the Fos thing I might as well ^^

FoS: Mijzelffan, Yatagarasu and Doctrol jokool.

I try to do something and I get FoSed.
@GliscorMan; Re-read the thread. Buoy had multiple posts. At first he was anti-Mijz and then pro-Mijz. Also I said a cop check would be pointless unless he's indep because if he turns up town on the check then we go into the god father situation.
@Setra; I never try to look pro town, I just try to get some activity in thread.
@jda95; I don't think we've played together much but I'm an aggressive player as m0cking pointed out.
@m0ckingbird20; I actually forgot he was double voter for a moment and thought the votes were tied ^^;

Anyways the reason for the truce is I learned in the OTP mafia to not spend whole phases on a single person. I figure a truce right now that leads to spending the day phase scumhunting others is better than the endless debate that our votes were bound to turn into which is something that just gives mafia a chance to hide and cause mislynches or no lynches.

And since everyone is FoSing

FoS: jokool

He's been doing nothing but posting images pretty much other than when someone mentions him.

I'm also suspicious of those who were inactive until I mentioned them.

@Setra; Can you give us some examples about your accusation on CrackFox?
Very well.

CrackFox said:
No point in squabbling about it now. Let's see what the night brings. Maybe the cop will check Mijz. It would certainly help.

CrackFox said:
I'm not sticking up for Mijzelffan but the claim that 'I always die early in games' he's been saying to me for a long time. It's not just something he's claiming now. I believe that he really does think he's on borrowed time these days, and it's also true that he dies or gets the FOS very quickly in lots of games. I could believe that claiming so early comes from a innocent place. If he is a double voter, there's nothing to really want to hide. You aren't a big threat to the mafia so they are unlikely to target you for a while. Unlike, say a cop or doctor who if they claimed early, would suffer certain death the following night, unless protected.

CrackFox said:
I've been fooled by Mijzelffan before. Just recently, I defended him and it came back he was scum, so i'm not at all trusting him yet. That said, I don't consider his actions so far to be 'anti-town'. He gave a reason why he claimed early and I am inclined to believe him. I also don't think a cop check is necessarily wasted. A godfather is always a risk but it's not a huge one. If he came back as innocent, the chances of him being innocent would be much greater than the chances of him having the Godfather ability. He was given the mafia godfather in the last game he played and I don't think fate would be that kind to him again. I'm not fighting his corner really, we have no other information to go on so I can understand why everyone is focusing on this. One thing that does bother me though is this notion that cop checks are pointless. He's the only person that is being questioned right now, and if we go by the logic that every check could be counter-acted by a godfather, and never bother checking the suspicious people, what's the point in having a cop at all?

Also, cops don't have to out themselves in thread. The most sensible thing to do would be to form an alliance with a confirmed townie and let them speak for you. That way, we get the facts but the cops anonymity is preserved.

In all of those she seems to be trying to divert the attention away from Mijzelffan. It may be padded with "I don't trust him completely" but its present in all of those examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom