• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP141: Tower Tycoon! That Man, Kurotsugu!!

PKMN_Veteran

Since 97'
Reaction score
DP 141"Tower Tycoon! That Man, Kurotsugu!!"

[bp=DP141]Bulbapedia link[/bp]

- Revealed that Kurotsugu is a Frontier Brain
- A battle between Hayashigame and Kurotsugu's Dosidon is seen
- Some other battles take place (Couldn't catch them all)

Airs September 3 at 19:00 JST on TV Tokyo.

Last edited:
Re: DP 141 "Tower Tycoon! That Man, Kurotsugu!!" Preview Thread

- Some other battles take place (Couldn't catch them all)

Donphan vs. Snover
Pochama vs. Yogirasu
Pikachu vs. Empoleon

That's all I could catch. Looks like a pretty good episode.

72590367.jpg

3333.jpg

Oh I see. I wonder who is snover/Donpahn own to. Barry will fight too? Who is yugirasu

I saw Donphan, but I don't remember it's opponent (while I'm sure it's not Ash's, I think I remember seeing other Pokemon that are in Ash's reserves, that's why when I saw Donphan I was like, what Ash is using his reserves). Only Keyhole messed up and I don't remember who I saw, maybe Corphish, but don't quote me on that.

Pikachu battles Empoleon again, and since Ash battles Palmer its likely Ash will beat him.

Grotle if that was overgrow, it was ten million times better Sceptile's. I mean seriously that cool green huge blast of green stuff was killer. Palmer from what I saw looked shocked. It looked like all the grass type moves at once. At first I thought it was seed bomb, but then I doubt seed bomb would look that cool.

Anyone have a picture of that huge green beam like explosion?

At least Rock Wrecker looks cool, assuming it is rock wrecker.

Last edited:

I saw an Usokkie but I forget who it was battling T_T

Donphan vs. Snover
Pochama vs. Yogirasu
Pikachu vs. Empoleon

Who is Yogirasu? You can tell me who battled against Piplup?

Yogirasu is Larvitar.

^ Yogirasu = Larvitar.

The preview looked exciting. Shimura's getting better with battles, imo.

Come to think of it, it could've just been Grotle and then seeing Donphan raised my hopes up of it being Ash's.

It battling the Snover might even raise those hopes up. But Ash using a random reserve, unless there's a plot point seems rather unlikely.

I could see Ash's Donphan in a battling mood, and Oak wants Ash to use it in a quick battle. Oak is still at Twinleaf Town, right? It wouldn't be good if Oak only appeared for that one episode.

Like many others I didn't get a great look at the preview so I'm hoping to catch a better look later but from what little I saw the Grotle fight looks impressive. I've been waiting for Grotle to fight something big and bulky and hopefully it won't disappoint. He did seem to be glowing with every move so overgrow does look like a possibilty. It doesn't matter if Grotle wins or loses but hopefully he'll do good, he needs to redeem himself after his unimpressive Paul fight.

^ Yogirasu = Larvitar.

The preview looked exciting. Shimura's getting better with battles, imo.

This might mean Piplup gonna lose to Larvitar. A pokemon who is weak to it. That would be awesome. And why they are doing that empoleon and pikachu fight again? Last one was boring.

I didn't get a good look at the preview but I'm looking forward to the battle regardless of the results.

I could see Ash's Donphan in a battling mood, and Oak wants Ash to use it in a quick battle. Oak is still at Twinleaf Town, right? It wouldn't be good if Oak only appeared for that one episode.

I don't expect it to happen, but it could make sense since Donphan was one of the early Johto pokemon revealed, and I think all of the other Johto pokemon that were revealed early have been seen, and Ash's other Johto pokemon have been seen lately/will be seen except for Noctowl. About Oak, there was oddly no mention of him in DP140, so we don't know if he stuck around for the festival or not, but I really hope we see him again.

This might mean Piplup gonna lose to Larvitar. A pokemon who is weak to it. That would be awesome.
Oh, his aching pride.

And why they are doing that empoleon and pikachu fight again? Last one was boring.[/
Well, from an in-universe perspective, it's Ash's best choice.
From a more important writer perspective, they probably want to focus on the Grotle VS Rhyperior and simply quickly redo a fight we've already seen to get Barry out of the way.

So, what are the odds they use this chance to show off Rhyperior's "Solid Rock" ability?

Rhyperior looks better than I expected, and that's coming from someone who thought it was one of the most horribly designed Pokemon of Gen IV. Anyway looks to be a good episode, with Grotle getting some much needed battle redemption.

Someone can post me here a link to the preview?

Donphan vs. Snover
Pochama vs. Yogirasu
Pikachu vs. Empoleon

Snorlax (Jun's?) vs Golem
Pikachu vs Feraligator
Sudowudo vs Furret

Grotle ate its Energy Ball. That's why it was a huge blow. Watch carefully promo.

Wow, a lot of different match ups here! Looking forward a lot to Kurotsugu and his sexiness being on screen for an ep <3

So, it seems that the swallowed Energy Ball could be the source of its possible Overgrow?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom