• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP183: Raise the Curtain! Shin'ō League - Suzuran Tournament!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Here's the lineup:

- Korotoc vs. Heracross (who's looking shinier than usual)

- Roserade vs. Mukuhawk

- Armaldo vs. Magmarashi

Also, a remix of the opening theme and an all-new ending theme will start with this episode.

Re: DP 183 "Raise the Curtain! Shin'ō League - Suzuran Tournament!!" Preview Thread

Wow who would have guessed that Nando owned an Armaldo. Heh. It really looks like its gonna be an awesome match.

Re: DP 183 "Raise the Curtain! Shin'ō League - Suzuran Tournament!!" Preview Thread

Shinier is an understatement. Heracross looked BALLIN'.

By the way, a remix that was more than just a vocal remix would be killer.

Korotoc vs. Heracross ? Who owns them?

I got to say I wasn't expecting Heracross, but hopefully it'll get a win. I'm still a little miffed at it's performance against Spenser. Honestly Ash you use Heracross solely because of Venusaur, even though Shiftry is tons more weak to Heracross than Venusaur (even if you didn't know he had a Shiftry, you still could've changed your mind). But I can't complain too much considering the fact it was Sceptile's only two wins in the Battle Frontier (as a Sceptile).

Oh well Heracross and Quilava for the win.

It looks like a 3 on 3.

Naoshi has Korotoc, and Satoshi has Heracross.

Looks like an interesting episode. Who is animating this?

I know we had plenty of Heracross this saga, but seeing Satoshi's in action again is just cool. Especially because it didn't do much back in its BF battle in AG.

Armaldo came as a suprise. I guess the writers continue to prefer to use the same fossil pokemon again and again. Not that I'm complaining. Armaldo is a cool pokemon.

Looking forward to this episode.

Btw, it looks like they skipped the preliminaries in this league altogether. I guess not many trainers got ther 8 badges then?

Nice to see some of Satoshi's old Pokémon battle again. Screenshots attached.

Btw, it looks like they skipped the preliminaries in this league altogether. I guess not many trainers got ther 8 badges then?
Or the writers are making up for the gazillion fillers and jumping straight to what we want to see?

I'm glad that Nando has an Armaldo, as that proves he has Pokémon for battling, and Pokémon for contests. If he used his Kricketot in the Sinnoh League, I would have lol'd.

Considering Ash's Cyndaquil evolved in the last episode, it's no surprise Ash is using Quilava. Heracross was a surprise though. I would have expected Ash to use Infernape.

Qualifications AND prelims.

We're like already at the victory rounds. A little distasteful in my opinion, but they gotta do what they gotta do to get to the action.

Ryu Shoji said:
Or the writers are making up for the gazillion fillers and jumping straight to what we want to see?
Which is kinda what happened with the Johto League. Too many episodes threw off the pacing, so the League gets cut at certain parts.

Someone knows how many participants there are in the 1st round?

Lol. wtf at Armaldo. Tis battle looks pretty good, can't wait.

It's hard to believe the league is actually about to start. Looks like a great battle with a nice mixture of Pokemon. Shame the league will be as rushed as the Grand Festival, but what are you gonna do?

Really looking forward to the Band version of "Saikou Everyday" and "In your heart la la la".

I guess nobody wanted to enter the Sinnoh league because all the Sinnoh-born trainers were busy with their Johto-quest. You know, because of the remakes?

Sinnoh is so 2006...

I think it looks there are 64 people altogether I think and that there will be six rounds.

pokemon_master2 said:
Someone knows how many participants there are in the 1st round?

The dialogue in tonight's episode didn't reveal that, unfortunately.

The preview pic from the other topic revealed 32 participants.

Heracross better win against Kricketune...seriously if it gets beaten by that thing it can't call itself a bug.

Wait if there are only 32 competitors then that means either this is the only prelim roung 3 on 3. Or this is actually a full battle?

Looks like Quilava is using aerial ace. Which it can learn (apparently). Looks like Swellow taught Ash's "Quilava" something new.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom