• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Episodes that you can't stand to watch

There has to be several episodes I couldn't stand but i can't really remember any of the older ones....but one that does come to mind fresh is the first all out battle with Paul and Ash from the DPP series. That was absolutely painful to watch...that and every episode Iris in the new series calls ash a little kid, so annoying.

I remember finding "Crybaby Marill!" just an absolute chore to sit through.

I don't think I will ever get over my loathing for "Enter Manene! Mansion of Rest!". I seriously can not even think about this episode without feeling rage-y. The only good thing that came out of this episode is that we never had to see Kojiro's Chirean ever again, and... that's it. I'm also bitter that Tamagawa animated this episode instead of the usual crap animators they use for Rocket episodes. What a waste.

"Rakurai Practice Center!" is another one which I hate as much. Just. Nope. No likey.

What about "Nanako and Elekid!?"

BW023 Battling For the Love of Bug-Types!

I'm sorry, but this gym battle to me was just...so bad. I didn't like Tepig getting three gym battles in a row, Sewaddle evolving was out of nowhere, and Pikachu...-_-

Most of the ones that heavily featured Piplup in them. A lot of Johto episodes were bad too; I'm having a hard time remembering the titles, though.

It's been too long since I watched Kanto to remember any episodes I particularly hated with a vengeance... Johto has too many infuriatingly dull episodes I'd be happy to never watch again to count (though one that comes to mind immediately is the stupid Vileplume vs Bellossom episode)... AG had some stinkers here and there. The May vs Brock Contest episode is probably the hardest of May's BS wins to withstand, the Chatot and its unfunny inconsiderate bitch of a trainer episode was all kinds of awful and just morally wrong, anything related to Team Aqua and Magma because the anime couldn't do one goddamn thing right with them, the episode where Meowth and May traveled back in time, fucked with the past and no repercussions were caused with their tampering of the timeline... there were some really bad Chronicles episodes too. Namely the ones that starred Casey, the OTHER time travel episode, the godawful Legend of Thunder 3-parter... just think, if they had only waited until a little later to make Chronicles, they would've have needed to resort to the likes of Casey and Richie to make episodes about. Sigh.

The episodes of DP that pissed me off were primarily the Piplup episodes. Even the ones where it had character development were dull, and since Piplup had pretty short-lived development, the rest of its episodes weren't really much other than showcasing what a whiny, annoying, bitchy brat it is. Any episode with Kenny in it was also automatically awful. The Hotsprings episode that featured Dawn's ugly childhood friend was also godawful, as was the episode with Pachirisu in Hippowdown's mouth. Oh, and I'd be remiss to not mention POKEMON PING-PONG that showcased the most poorly-written Pokemon release ever.

And... there are actually a lot of BW episodes that have pissed me off. By this point it'd be easier to just list the ones that I can stand to watch. The more the series progresses, the more the writing of these episodes piss me off.

Any episode where Piplup got center stage. I could not stand that thing...

But one in particular was the episode where Piplup refuse to evolve. I was hoping it would evolve, but NO!

Oh and the episode where Kenny challenged Ash for Dawn...really?

There was that one episode in mid Johto with a Dunsparce. That episode had a relatively boring plotline overall. The only part of the episode I liked about it was when James dressed up as a Moltres again.

"Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port!" wasn't just painful to watch, it's painful to recall it now. It's amazing that an episode that had Jasmine, a awesome gym leader, go up against, Flint, a pretty cool member of the Elite Four, and still be as boring as it was.

Last edited:
The Semi-Final Frontier!

There's keeping the status quo, and then there's Diabolus Ex Machina, and then that episode happens and it makes me think that the writers really really don't want ash to win.

The Superhero Secret!
That eppy did not do as good a parody as I expected when I first saw it. what a wasted opportunity to lampoon American comics to the utmost degree.

"Pearl's are a spoinks best friend" and "Clamperl of wisdom" are probably the episodes I really don't like watching again. The idea of spoink losing it's pearl was something I wasn't interested in and personally found the jokes boring. To bring that thing back for a second episode to lose it's pearl again just really annoyed me.>_>

Curbing the Crimson Tide

Hilariously cringe-worthy episode title aside, I'd like my 22 minutes back -_-

The majority of the Diamond and Pearl saga, mainly due to how useless Brock became, dubbed Team Rocket, Piplup, and Dawn.

Don't know if there's really anything that I can't stand to watch, but these episodes that I can name right now are probably the least tolerable for me:

The Kangaskhan Kid - Worst episode of Kanto, IMO
Wings 'N Things - Just a terrible plotline
A Rival Battle for Club Champ - Ash gets pwned by his newbie rival
Here Comes the Trubbish Squad - I'm sure we all remember that episode well enough to require an explanation

Those 3 episodes from Johto co starting the electabuzz fan girl. (forgot her name), it was a chore to see an episode with her. Also the fillers in the Kanto saga between the 8th badge victory and the pokemon league.... ugh was not impressed imo.

Casey?

And I agree, a lot of those fillers between the League and Blaine weren't that good...

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom