• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Jackie Chan Adventures Mafia - The Dark Hand (+ Jackie Chan!) win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jackie Chan Adventures Mafia - DAY 11: The End... (9/21/11)

Sice we're revealing stuff. That list of people who we had figured out was a complete bluff to get people to want to prove me wrong by revealing their real role. Mijz fell for it, and a few others fell for it as well.

So. Jackie Chan turns on his own friends. How ironic.
So I guess I fell for your tricks then too. You had me going long enough as well.

Anyway, some of us are in timezones where we need to sleep, so don't expect any posts from me until 8 hours or so from now.

Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao
Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao

See, I finally used magic, is the evil gone yet Uncle?
Oh right. >>

Oh well, I had a good run. What a twist. I'm almost certain I know what happened now, but I can't say since I don't want to influence the course of the game.

Good luck town, though I don't think we had a chance of getting out of this one if what I think happened, happened...

Yep. The town is as good as dead. Thanks Neon and bluesun. Way to kill the town.

How dare you kill El Toro?
Man, I'm dead.
Thanks a lot.

Re: Jackie Chan Adventures Mafia - Mafia (& Jackie Chan!) Win!

@Aestivate, @DrumBeats, @Croag, @Sourcandy, @Parmalee, @Mijzelffan, @ghaskan, @Neonsands, @mewstone, @Rayne, @MuddyMudkip, @Taiki, @Derier44, @Flame_, @Wolverine, @The Puppetmaster, @ShinjIteru, @bluesun

Tohru would never have believed this would happen a day before. Never would have believed this would happen even at his wildest stretch of imagination. But it has.

He’s been backstabbed by his own friend….

Jackie and Hak Foo had cornered Tohru. And he was alone with no one to help him.

“It’s over, Tohru.” sneered evil Jackie. “I would’ve been sorry I have to do this, but you know, all for one and one for all and all that. You understand right?”

Tohru never said a word. He remained quiet with his eyes shut seemingly deep in concentration.

“Let’s just finish this now. It was fun while it lasted.” said Hak Foo.

Jackie brought out the Pig Talisman and his eyes blazed ready to finish off Tohru.

Tohru still kept quiet and didn’t seem to have noticed this at all….

Jackie soon released the fury of the Pig on Tohru. Concentrated heat beams blazed towards Tohru. It was over, it was all over….

..........................................​

Not yet!!

Tohru opened his hand to reveal the Rooster Talisman. He pointed it straight at the beams and knocked them out of the way with amazing skill. The beams, now out of control, flew off randomly and one of them burned through the steel bars in the roof.

The whole thing soon crashed down into Hak Foo.

..........................................​

Jackie couldn’t believe it for a moment. He was stunned.

“We will not give up that easily, Jackie! We will fight till the end and avenge all the friends we’ve lost.” Tohru shouted valiantly.

Jackie just looked at the pile of rubble in disbelief. It cannot be.

A sound was heard from the rubble, which slowly grew louder. It sounded like someone…laughing?

The pile moved and Hak Foo pushed his way out of it without a scratch…

He slowly grinned and lifted his hand to show it to Tohru. It was a Talisman….

Tohru was horrified. No…..

He…..had……the DOG!

[size=+1]NO ONE WAS LYNCHED![/size]

“You fought valiantly like a true warrior, Big One. But it just wasn’t enough.” said Hak Foo while Jackie breathed a sigh of relief.

Tohru just remained shocked. It was over. It was truly over. They all fought till the end but they couldn’t do it.

They had failed the world….

Flame_,

You are Tohru.

Tohru_image_player_432_324.jpg

"I hate fish"

After once being an enforcer for the Dark Hand and a personal servant for Valmont, you have decided to join the Forces of Good since they treat you as an equal rather than as a stooge. You soon become Uncle’s apprentice and develop a close big brother relationship with Jade.

You like grape soda and hate fish (a cultural irony, given that you are Japanese and one of Japan's prime diets is fish).

You are allied with the Forces of Good. You win if all the forces of evil are eliminated.

As Tohru’s body remained motionless on the ground, Jackie and Hak Foo celebrated their victory. They had done it. They had taken care of all their enemies and there’s no one to stop them from doing what they wish. Not even Shendu or Daolon Wong!

Neonsands,

You are Hak Foo.

iv4wb_tne.jpg

"Bunny flees from vicious Jackals!" (Hak Foo running and screaming in terror from attacking Shadowkhan)

A spiky-haired, muscle-bound martial arts thug, you shout out third person metaphorical animal-related descriptions each time you launch any attacks ("Angry Crow Takes Flight", when you use an airborne attack) and even when you perform mundane tasks ("Slumbering Bear greets the dawn" for when you wake up).

You join the Dark Hand as Tohru’s replacement and soon take your place as an integral part of your team.

You are allied with the Dark Hand. You win if all the enemies who stand in your way are eliminated.

Even though Jackie was a little put off that he had to kill off Tohru, he cannot bring himself to care. His sissy self has long been dead, and it’s finally time to take charge without any responsibilities holding him back.

bluesun,

You are Jackie Chan.

Jackie.1.png

Bad Day, Bad Day, Bad Day!

You are the one and only Jackie Chan. You are an archaeologist who is being forced into adventure after adventure when all you want to do is live a peaceful life with your family. Though with evil forces aiming to conquer the world day after day, looks like that won’t happen.

You were once allied with the Forces of Good but since your good side is now dead, you are now allied with the Dark Hand. You win if all the enemies who stand in your way are eliminated.

[size=+2]The Dark Hand and Jackie Chan have won.[/size]​

Well, that’s it! Thanks so much guys for playing. ^^ You all played extremely well.

Oh, and thanks for the intense last phase btw. xD

Re: Jackie Chan Adventures Mafia - The Dark Hand (+ Jackie Chan!) have won!

look at that :) Congrats guise!!!

Here are all the Talisman PMs:

Rat Talisman (Reporter)

[size=+2]The Rat Talisman[/size]​
romoz_9.jpg
The Rat Talisman possesses the power of Animation or “Motion to the motionless”. It can give “life” to inanimate objects like say a statue. The animated object takes on the personality, powers and abilities of the person or thing it's modeled after.

As such, either during a day phase or a night phase, you can use it to animate a nearby statue and have it announce whatever you want it to say. Send me a PM any time with the phase name and number, and the report that you want to post publicly in the body. The report will be posted anonymously in the thread.

The Rat Talisman also has a hidden effect. Where you to die while having it in your possession, your true alliance will be publicly revealed.

Use it wisely.
Ox Talisman (Roleblocker)

[size=+2]The Ox Talisman[/size]​
romoz_2.jpg
The Ox Talisman possesses the power of super strength. It can proportionally enhance its user’s strength to almost superhuman levels.

Due to the immense strength you now possess, every night phase you can use it to fight and weaken another player. As such, they will be unable to use their talismans’ power for that night phase and the next day phase. Send me a PM with the phase name and number, with "Fight: [Player]” in the body.

Use it wisely.
Tiger Talisman (Converter)

[size=+2]The Tiger Talisman[/size]​
romoz_12.jpg
The Tiger Talisman possesses the power of Balance. When activated, it splits its user's positive and negative halves (Yin and Yang) into two separate beings.

As such, if you die either through a nightkill or lynch while having the Tiger Talisman in your possession, only one of your halves die (either your good side or your bad side) and your other half remains alive. Which may lead to interesting effects…

You will be announced as dead in the update and a phase later, you will be revealed as alive. However note if one of your halves die, the Tiger Talisman cannot work for you again.

Use it wisely.
Rabbit Talisman (Rolecop)

[size=+2]The Rabbit Talisman[/size]​
romoz_4.jpg
The Rabbit Talisman possesses the ability of super speed. It allows its user to move at blindingly fast speeds.

As such, every night phase you can use it to find out all talismans a player has in their possession before they can even react. Send me a PM with the phase name and number, with "Scout: [Player]” in the body.

Though if you’re lucky you might be able to find out the role ability of the talisman as well. As such along with finding out which talisman is possessed by a player, you have a 1/3 chance of finding the role ability of the talisman as well.

Use it wisely.
Dragon Talisman (Vigilante)

[size=+2]The Dragon Talisman[/size]​
romoz_6.jpg
The Dragon Talisman possesses the ability of Combustion. It allows its user to discharge highly destructive and explosive pure fiery energy blasts from the talisman. As such, every night phase you can use it to kill a player. Send me a PM with the phase name and number, with "Kill: [Player]” in the body.

Since the Dragon Talisman is one of the most powerful and dangerous talismans of them all, it is very difficult to control. Due to the difficulty in aiming it successfully at a target, it only has a 1/3 chance of succeeding in killing its target.

Use it wisely.
Snake Talisman (Immunity from night actions)

[size=+2]The Snake Talisman[/size]​
romoz_3.jpg
The Snake Talisman possesses the power of invisibility. It renders the user completely invisible. As such, it makes you immune from all night actions except nightkills.

This ability is passive and always active.

Use it wisely.
Horse Talisman (Reviver)

[size=+2]The Horse Talisman[/size]​
romoz_7.jpg
The Horse Talisman possesses the ability of healing. It can cure its user (even objects) from any form of illness or physical injuries, and instantly relieve physical pain and disorientation.

As such, every night phase it can be used to revive another player if used before a phase after they have “died”. For instance, if a player got killed Night 3, they can be revived any time before the end of Day 4. Send me a PM with the phase name and number, with "Revive: [Player]” in the body.

Though since the Horse Talisman can only heal a person if they’re still alive and since it isn’t definite that a person can still be alive after a fatal attack, the Talisman only has a 1/3 chance of successfully reviving a player completely.

Use it wisely.
Sheep Talisman (Cop)

[size=+2]The Sheep Talisman[/size]​
romoz_11.jpg
The Sheep Talisman possesses the ability of Astral Projection. It allows its user to project their Astral (spirit) forms out of their body which can wander as an invisible spirit freely. While projecting, the wielder is also able to enter another person's dreams.

As such, every night phase you can use it to check any player’s alliance undetected. Send me a PM with the phase name and number, with "Check: [Player]” in the body.

Use it wisely.
Monkey Talisman (Spy)

[size=+2]The Monkey Talisman[/size]​
romoz_8.jpg
The Monkey Talisman possesses the ability to shape shift into animals. It allows the user to transform themselves or others into any animal or bird.

As such, every night phase you can use it to spy on any player without any detection and get all their PMs or QuickTopic posts that mention a specific player either directly or indirectly (this does not include PMs with a role action). All other names other than that player’s will be blanked out. Send me a PM with the phase name and number, with "Spy: [Player 1] for [Player 2]” in the body. You will receive all PMs and QT posts made by Player 1 mentioning Player 2 at the end of the night phase.

If Player 1 never mentions Player 2 at all or if the former doesn’t have any posts in the first place, the action will fail.

Use it wisely.
Rooster Talisman (Redirector)

[size=+2]The Rooster Talisman[/size]​
romoz_1.jpg
The Rooster Talisman possesses the power of Levitation. Not only does it allow its user to levitate themselves, it also grants the user the ability of telekinesis.

As such, you can use its powers to redirect either a night action or a vote from a player to another player. If you want to redirect a night action, send me a PM during the night phase with the phase name and number and "Redirect Night action: [Player 1] to [Player 2]” in the body. Any one night action targeted at Player 1 will be redirected to Player 2.

If you want to redirect a vote, send me a PM during the day phase with the phase name and number and “Redirect Vote: [Player 1] to [Player 2]” in the body. Any one vote against Player 1 will be redirected to Player 2.

Use it wisely.
Dog Talisman (Doctor)

[size=+2]The Dog Talisman[/size]​
romoz_5.jpg
The Dog Talisman possesses the power of Immortality. Not only does it grant the user the immunity to survive any attack, it also restores the user’s youthful energy.

As such, as long as the talisman is in your possession, you can survive either a nightkill or a lynch but not both during the same day (a night phase + a day phase). However note you cannot use it to escape from death more than once from the same type of killing. For example, if you survived a lynch once with the Dog Talisman, you cannot survive any more lynches in the game using it.

Use it wisely.
Pig Talisman (Vote negation)

[size=+2]The Pig Talisman[/size]​
romoz_10.jpg
The Pig Talisman possesses the ability of heat beam eyes. It allows its user to shoot concentrated beams of pure heat energy from their eyes that can burn through almost anything. It also allows its user to “see” heat, thus making it one of the few things that can counter the Snake Talisman’s power.

Since it is a deadly talisman, you can use it to intimidate another player during a day phase, thus cancelling out their vote. For this, just vote for that player and their vote will not count for that phase. You can also unvote and vote for another player and their vote will be cancelled out instead.

Use it wisely.

Almost all of these got used in the game, at least at one time or the other (with the Dog and Dragon only really being used only at the very end).

Oh, and to clarify about the effects of the Tiger. You must have realized by now with bluesun; it's a converter. If you happen to be town and die with it, your good side dies off and you become mafia.

Conversely, if a mafia died with it, they become allied with the Town.

Last edited:

I got pretty lucky, but that is how it is sometimes.

Good game everyone.

Last edited:

Good game and whatnot. Whoo~

Good game. I just like the ending weith me fighting desperately to save the town. Pulling out the talismans andgoing for the win. But sadly losing still.

Have to say the town did amazingly well, not only for almost winning, but considering they were at a disadvantage right from the start. (5 mafia and only 11 innocents....) A few mislynches and mafia kills would've ended the game for the town right then and there. Tbh I didn't really expect the game to last beyond Day 5 at the most due to that shortage. ^^ It's nice that it lasted way beyond to Day 11.

A testament to how well the town did was that there wasn't a single mislynch since DrumBeats in Day 1 until way later with Croag in Day 9. And 3 mafia got lynched in the meantime.

Town would've won the game too if it wasn't for bluesun's last minute conversion. And even then the town had a chance if Neonsands hadn't had the Dog.

I'll try to put up ratings this weekend with individual details on how everyone did.

Good game, too bad we lost but hey, what you gonna do?
I'll just win next time.

I know I dropped from this game, but I couldn't refrain from posting to congratulate my fellow Mafia comrades for their victory. :) The town also did a good job, but hey, I'm biased. :p

Honestly, I did nothing important. But hey, I did my best <3

Good game everyone. J J M, it was a really original and interesting concept, and really well hosted. You kept everyone in the game and made it fun. Congrats to my fellow mafiosi!

I think it was a great game all around. One of my favorites I have to say. But man, I'll take what I am. The last town member to die.

Awesome game, J J M, with a really fun premise. I loved the excitement over having a new role every night! I really enjoyed the game even though I didn't survive very long XD

Whoa Nelly! What a great game. :p

Tohru would never have believed this would happen a day before. Never would have believed this would happen even at his wildest stretch of imagination. But it has.

He’s been backstabbed by his own friend….

Jackie and Hak Foo had cornered Tohru. And he was alone with no one to help him.

“It’s over, Tohru.” sneered evil Jackie. “I would’ve been sorry I have to do this, but you know, all for one and one for all and all that. You understand right?”

[size=+2]The Dark Hand and Jackie Chan have won.[/size][/center]

Oh well, I had a good run. What a twist. I'm almost certain I know what happened now, but I can't say since I don't want to influence the course of the game.

Good luck town, though I don't think we had a chance of getting out of this one if what I think happened, happened...

And my worst fears are realized, so Jackie did take the dark path upon being reborn. Unfortunately I didn't notice that until it was too late, I gotta say bluesun you pulled off a stunning performance. You, Flame and I worked as a pretty great team throughout and you used that naturally built trust to your advantage. Being so late in the game it was hard to consider you otherwise, but you kept a straight face without playing your full hand on the table.

I'm impressed.

The moment I died did this finally connect, with you not voting with Flame for Iteru and the way my death scene went, but like I said it was too late, there was no way Flame could recover from this. You getting the Dragon to work was crucial in winning this one for you. I admit I like the screenplay by JJM in my last death scene, the players involved were perfect for the moment.

I like this little ironic twist, probably more than a town win (though that would have been nice too :p) But the fact it looked like we had it cinched only to have this reversal come out at the last second threw me for a loop. The only way we could have averted this was by going after Neonsands earlier... Eh @ghaskan 's little mercy ploy totally had me going and kept me from suspecting her. I'll make sure not to fall for that next time :p

I'm glad that many of my other predictions came true though. It was fun working with @Flame_ throughout on and you were a great help in finalizing information and in fact gathering. Same to you @bluesun ^^ (even though you went Benedict on us, but I suppose that couldn't be helped)

Well, that’s it! Thanks so much guys for playing. ^^ You all played extremely well.

Oh, and thanks for the intense last phase btw. xD

It was a great game JJM, you were an excellent host; you posted on time, posted simple yet intriguing death scenes and the constant role swapping kept players on their toes and the game fresh. I really liked having to come on to find out what my next talisman was.

It helps that I loved Jackie Chan Adventures as well, but even if I didn't, the concept is a great one, enough to keep unfamiliar players interested and involved.

I look forward to your next game JJM.

The moment I died did this finally connect, with you not voting with Flame for Iteru and the way my death scene went, but like I said it was too late, there was no way Flame could recover from this. You getting the Dragon to work was crucial in winning this one for you. I admit I like the screenplay by JJM in my last death scene, the players involved were perfect for the moment.

If Neonsands (aka the last mafia) died, bluesun would've lost the game with him. And Flame almost did it too if Neonsands wasn't unkillable due to the Dog (which was given to him by bluesun in the first place). :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom