• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Negaishipping - Ash/Iris

Re: Ash/Iris shipping thread

491.jpg

Iris might be shorter but ^not much though

._.

If I recall correctly, Iris was around the same height as Ash in some scenes. This particular screenshot blew my mind when I saw it.

He's actually not related to her, apparently; they do have a father/daughter relationship, though.

But wasn't it said that Shaga is Iris' grandfather?

Coming out of someone who hasn't shipped a main girl with Ash since Pokeshipping these two have got me starstruck before Best Wishes even began.I'm really looking forward to more Ash & Iris scenes they're very cute together.Negai have so much chemistry together and are fun to watch.Even though it's the beginning Iris is already one of my favorites.

But wasn't it said that Shaga is Iris' grandfather?
They also said Bel's the champion. *shrug* Some notes on the GLs relationships were yoinked from 2ch, and they mention that Shaga is Iris' mentor and they aren't related. Don't know which is right, but I'm going to believe they're not related.

'K, I officially love this ship. Not as much as Pokeshipping but Ash and Iris are completely adorable together. And here we've only seen the first two episodes! I can't wait to see how their friendship progresses throughout the series. <3

'K, I officially love this ship. Not as much as Pokeshipping but Ash and Iris are completely adorable together. And here we've only seen the first two episodes! I can't wait to see how their friendship progresses throughout the series. <3

me too. I can tell that they like each other already.

i stil love advanceshipping, and ash/wendy more, but i still love negai.

Commonly used in period anime. When used in more modern-set anime, it's a defining character trait (shows what sort of person they are), since chances are, only one character uses it in the whole cast, unless that's a quirk of the anime itself (like if the circumstances were akin to Gintama: modern world mixed with the end of the Tokugawa era).

Actually, it's /also/ used in more modern animes. See: Reborn!

But I guess it would be a character trait as well.

She isn't a foreigner since she's in her own country, so it's more reasonable to assume (if one wants to assume anything) that it really was how she was raised: with a less-than-modern mind-set.

Nono, I mean 'foreign' by how Isshu is based on the USA, whilst the rest are based on Japan. Plus, Isshu is a 'far off' country, so she might not be familiar with mannerisms of speaking.

Oh, was Ash surprised when Iris called him 'dono'?

Now, if more people in Isshu use -dono, then it can be assumed that it's a regional thing (and where, yes, the idea of "foreign" might come into play) and be nothing special at all.

I guess, but it's mostly based on whether or not Ash was surprised at being called 'dono', because as you said, it's not used commonly.

But enough of that!

Has the NegaiShipping page on bulbapedia been made yet?

Someone tried to before the episodes aired. But the database has been on lockdown since the release of B&W, so no page will have been made yet. I also don't suggest making one until a number of episode have passed, if the database is unlocked before the fifth episode.

Actually, it's /also/ used in more modern animes. See: Reborn!

But I guess it would be a character trait as well.

Nono, I mean 'foreign' by how Isshu is based on the USA, whilst the rest are based on Japan. Plus, Isshu is a 'far off' country, so she might not be familiar with mannerisms of speaking.

Oh, was Ash surprised when Iris called him 'dono'?

I guess, but it's mostly based on whether or not Ash was surprised at being called 'dono', because as you said, it's not used commonly.

But enough of that!

what does 'dono' mean?

Iris doesn't have boobs...not supporting this shipping unless it has a bunch of evidence for it. I don't enjoy people becoming psychic and telling what the two feel when they can't get inside their minds.

That will be enough of that, all of you.

Zuh? I was showing my support for Negaishipping. So are you saying that will be enough of me supporting Negaishipping? Are you Anti-Negaishipping, Luna? Oh well, haters gonna hate. :p j/k

Zuh? I was showing my support for Negaishipping. So are you saying that will be enough of me supporting Negaishipping? Are you Anti-Negaishipping, Luna? Oh well, haters gonna hate. :p j/k
Considering I didn't single you out? Responding to flamebait is like responding to spambot threads: we don't encourage it. Actually, we'd rather you didn't at all.

Might wanna reread the rules of the section, some of you.

Okay, let's get back on topic: I think that Ash and Iris will probably have an even more turbulent relationship between each other than Ash and Misty.

This might actually be the first Ash-related shipping that I end up liking.

Well... unless this series has another Zoey. Butch girls must always take precedence over Ash.

Iris doesn't have boobs...not supporting this shipping unless it has a bunch of evidence for it. I don't enjoy people becoming psychic and telling what the two feel when they can't get inside their minds.

Where did the psychic part come from? Iris isn't a psychic if that's what you mean. It was a fake rumor stating that.

Okay, let's get back on topic: I think that Ash and Iris will probably have an even more turbulent relationship between each other than Ash and Misty.

From what we've seen so far, it looks like Ash and Iris will be nicer to each other and more agreeable with each other than Ash and Misty were. But that's from my observations.

I was saying thanks to every one who posted the pictures sorry about that and um I'm thinking Ash and Iris will fight a bit more. I mean they'll of course be happy a few times but not like Pearlshipping or Advancedshipping, I'm thinking a bit like Pokeshipping but not exacly. Four more days till we get some more hintsXD

I was saying thanks to every one who posted the pictures sorry about that and um I'm thinking Ash and Iris will fight a bit more. I mean they'll of course be happy a few times but not like Pearlshipping or Advancedshipping, I'm thinking a bit like Pokeshipping but not exacly. Four more days till we get some more hintsXD

....y are you all saying this is like pokeshipping if pokeshipping isn't true?

Personally i am skeptical about this ship actually happening. Why? Because if they made Iris like Ash, then everyone would think she is a total Misty.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom