• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nevermet Shippings

Aestivate

mientes
Reaction score
Title is kind of obvious, but what are nevermets (the two halves of the pairing have never met, ever) that you like (for obscure reasons), think would be interesting, work, etc?

For me, I like...

Novelshipping
Outcryshipping

For some reason, these two just appeal to me. IDK what's up with my logic, but I find Shinji more respectful of both Kasumi and Haruka. Which makes for interesting personality and character dynamics... And yeah.

Oystershipping
Kasumi and Hikari <3

And some others that I magically forgot before I made the topic

BellShipping (Drew x Dawn)
SoulSilverShipping (Silver x Soul/Kotone/Lyra)
AlexandrianShipping (Jasmine x Volkner)
HuggableShipping (Pearl x Yellow)
TsuyaShipping (Buck x Dawn)
Have Steven and Cynthia met?If the haven't, then the last Shipping I know that have never met each other is: LoliShotaShipping :)

Wait, how is SoulSilvershipping nevermet? Are you going by the games or anime?

Personally I like Execshipping (Domino/Vicious).

Wait, how is SoulSilvershipping nevermet? Are you going by the games or anime?
If Lyra's the NPC, it's technically a nevermet, since all they did was crash into each other, with no interaction, and never met again.

So what's the difference between this thread and the crack thread, honestly?

Good god yes.

Then there's Diamondshipping (Giovanni/Delia)...

That too! Definitely one of my favourite pairings. It has such potential for amazingness.

I wish people wouldn't write off nevermet shippings as just being crack. IMO Diamondshipping is a whole lot more canon than pairings with two characters who exchanged greetings once, let's say.

OOH boy...

OutCry [May/Paul]
You see, May could actually hold her own against a battle, or an argument against Paul. She actually has buttons to press, before, you know. Explosion time. If he forgets her name...I don't think she'll..Crack. Honestly, I can see Paul actually respecting her, even it's just a little. Hey, he might also find her Pokemon...Worthy? I mean, he probably thinks all Coordinators have cute, weak Pokemon. May could easily prove him wrong about that.

To sum it all up:

I see her as someone who could warm Paul up, without being over bubbly, girly and optimistic, aka: annoying about it. She seems like she can hold against Paul with out any form of violence. For that, Paul might respect her, he might also find her amusing
Stranger [May/Silver] May has a motherly feel about her ^-^ Silver might need that :3
FirstDivide [May/N] ..It's sexy. Need I say more?
Advice [May/Cheren] ...^
Calendar [May/Barry] It'll be HILARIOUS
AdvanceAura [May/Sir Aaron] ..It's..Really cute..
Anytime [May/Cynthia] The name says it all. 'Anytime'
Cinnamon [May/Volkner] I also find this adorable :3
AdvanceFire [May/Red] Red's silence is endearing <3 The possible interactions he may have with her, is beautiful
Kit Kat [May/Mars] Don't ask. I don't know why I love it either
Polarity [May/Ursula] ^

I also like Riley x May =D *SHOT*

Mine all involve Tracey! (yeah, big surprise.)

Tracey and Bill (of the Lighthouse), both being Pokemaniacs (more or less).

Tracey and Joshua (Prof. Birch's Assistant), both being mild-mannered assistants.

...those are kind of standard nevermets for Tracey, though, given that they're fellow Pokemon nerds.

And then there's Blackjack's/Iron Masked Marauder's ObsessionShipping (Tracey and Jirarudan), which lives in my imagination still...because of the "art appreciation" angle, I guess. I can't believe she forgot to mention it... ;-)

The weirdest one I have?

Tracey and Melodi.

Not Melody (Movie II), but Melodi (girl with the Gardevoir and Kirlia from "Mutiny on the Bounty," Hunter J's first episode).

Why her? I really have no idea. Something about her struck me as worthy of further development. I mean, she was kind of a damsel in distress, but she kept her cool and had good ideas, ones that might have worked (telling Gardevoir to Teleport away when J first showed up...except J had those fancy glasses that let her detect where Gardevoir would appear); and things that DID work: having Kirlia read the future to find J, and telling Gardevoir (psychicly) to teleport everyone off the falling ship section before it went ker-smash (though I like to think Gardevoir might have thought of that itself--eventually--Melodi at least created enough time for Gardevoir to save everybody present).

Still have no idea why I think she'd go well with Tracey, though. Just, every now and then my right brain holds up a picture of her and a picture of Tracey and puts a big plus sign between them. Go figure.

Got one more odd one. For some other strange reason I can't quite fathom...Tracey and Latias. That's right--not Bianca (an artist), but Latias (assuming her form-change is an actual shape-change). Since, y'know, I'm usually a PokeShipper, but that leaves poor Latias all alone...see, I wrote this scene once where Latias shows up (as a girl) at Professor Oak's lab looking for Ash, and Tracey opens the door, and the way they ended up interacting was sort of cute...so, yeah.

Mine would be..

Belleshipping [Drew & Dawn]XD
Novelshipping
Cheekyshipping

Oh this is about favorite nevermets....
My fav nevermets are:
SoulSilverShipping(Silver x Soul/Kotone/Lyra)
BellShipping(Drew x Dawn)
AlexandrianShipping(Jasmine x Volkner)
And much,much more...

Novelshipping: Misty X Paul
FarAwayShipping/OutCryShipping, whatever the devil it's called: May X Paul (Paul was amazed by her performance when he watched her rounds in the Wallace Cup, obv. It was just never shown)
BelleShipping: Drew X Dawn
Tracey X Jasmine. Yaay crack.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa booooooooooy.

My first favorite nevermetshipping is Novelshipping. I think they would be like egoshipping. But Misty might destroy his attitude before they would even get close to dating. But it would defently be really funny and i love how Misty's red-head goes with his purple hair:bash: will eventually turn into :love:

Diamondshipping and whatever Max x Molly Hale is called.

Can we count shippings for characters that don't exist? If so then I'll add:
Prof. Oak x his wife ---> Tyson (The one in the Red Gyarados two-parter. He looks like a young Prof. Oak to me.)
Tyson Oak x Gary's mom ---> Gary
Brandon the Pyramid King x his wife ---> Reggie and Paul

Belleshipping and Novelshipping are really awesome!I hope it's more than nevermet..hhhehehe..I also like cheekyshipping and DawnXMisty shipping.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom