• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do people think about pokemon where you live?

It's funny, Pokemon's actually starting to get more mainstream again in my school. Some site (not sure if I'm allowed to say the name) let's you play Pokemon and other classic GBA/GBC games for free and it's gotten pretty popular, so from every type of student I've been hearing "Hey, when does Onix evolve?" and "Can Poliwrath learn Hydro Pump?" and other stuff. Before this year, though, it's been considered pretty childish.

Well, outside of just about everyone on my football team, not everyone hates pokemon. I know more about it than most poeple I know though.

At my school, if you aren't careful, and someone finds you like Pokemon, you pretty much die. It is so extreme that one of the kids who I sit with at lunch heard me and my other friend quietly talking about Pokemon and revealed himself as a fan. I was shocked! It is that rare, these days.

In school, having an EV trained Salamence = Epic. ((I'm in 9th grade :D))
In the community: most Filipinos know about pokemon, but beyond pikachu, they are clueless.

Pokemon's actually pretty popular in my college. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for my favorite Pokemon, Weezing.

I think one of my friends will think twice before continuing to underestimate Weezing. Last time I battled him, my Specs Weezing 2HKO'd his shiny Darkrai with Sludge Bomb.

With a mustache.

Ordinary citizens:That thing with pikachu?Who cares about that?
Ordinary students:Yeah, it's fun, but who cares about that?
Ordinary bullies:You're a kiddie that likes that bunch of sh--, you b---h.

Most people just know Pokemon as a random kiddie's cartoon that used to be shown a few years ago. It's hard to find someone who doesn't think of it as a joke.

In school, having an EV trained Salamence = Epic. ((I'm in 9th grade :D))
In the community: most Filipinos know about pokemon, but beyond pikachu, they are clueless.

well, my friends know Jigglypuff too. :lol:

but mostly, my friends think Pokémon is childish. :-/

Many of my friends used to like pokemon but now they don't like it anymore because they say that gen IV and gen V practically destroyed pokemon. They think that the pokemon from these gens are horrible and that they are a shame to previous generations. Thanks God, I don't think that way!

Other friends think that it is so childish... but I think that it is not childish

Well, here in my city, back in Junior high, if you were caught talking about pokemon you were automatically tagged as "idiotic nerd". In High school, well, people are less mean against each other, so... It is still, shall we say, a taboo among teenagers. Well, all except me and my friends :p

Yeah at high school they only talk about sex and other junk lol

Only thing I hate about high school is how people make fun of my voice, or that I am a band geek :p

Either they make fun of it or they dont know about it. I prefer them not knowing about it

Almost everyone's like, awesome, pokémon! Of course, that is 'cause me and some of my friends are degenerated to the state of 6-year old... Also, at school so many people like pokémons and they carry their gameboys along... That is mainly 'cause i'm studying in art-college, so there's many kinds of weird people there. Of course, i'm not goin' round tha town shoutin' "hey, look at me, i like pokémons!" or such ;)

Not even 9 year olds play it anymore. They're all too obsessed with Call Of Duty. I'm the only person in the school, as far as I know, that likes it. By "liking" I mean playing the games and actually playing them, not getting to the second gym and stopping forever.

Not even 9 year olds play it anymore. They're all too obsessed with Call Of Duty. I'm the only person in the school, as far as I know, that likes it. By "liking" I mean playing the games and actually playing them, not getting to the second gym and stopping forever.

THIS. I can't count how many times people have asked me if I've gotten the latest COD game; you know, Black Ops.

Almost all the people who don't 'favor' Pokemon are addicted to Call of Duty, the most repetitive annual shooter game ever created (one could say the same about Pokemon and catching, but at least it's not annual).

Found out today on Facebook that December's Pokemon Profile Pic month, so I changed my avatar to Tsutarja/Snivy/Smugleaf. When I told my friend (who also has a Poke-avatar), he just thought it was lame because the new ones are dumb and they haven't gone international yet. So yeah, there's a mix between the dislike/like/nostalgic/indifferent.

I find it funny that it's okay to use Smugleaf after waiting a generation after though, I just feel like using Tsutarja because it shows how much I like Pokemon.

Ordinary citizens:That thing with pikachu?Who cares about that?
Ordinary students:Yeah, it's fun, but who cares about that?
Ordinary bullies:You're a kiddie that likes that bunch of sh--, you b---h.

You just said it all about our #sarcasm mode# Beloved Brazil, didn't you my friend?...

No one likes pokemon in my school. There's maybe one other person that likes it (some girl who sits behind me on the bus) and that's it. Unless, of course, some people are as good at hiding their obsessions as I am. But my last year of elementary school was pretty good for a month, because some boys brought a lot of old trading cards on the bus, and started trading them. I joined in, because my cousin gave me a huge book filled with old/japanese cards. Man, those kids worshipped me and my cards. Of course, after that month, I was back to sitting in the back of the playground and the front of the bus, waiting for people to make fun of me. :(

Most think it's childish and stupid, but a few of my friends like it too.
I'm already "that guy" at school, so people don't really give me a second thought. (Except my friends, who either like it or don't care enough to insult you about it.)

No one likes it here. If I even Mention Pokemon I either get
A:Laughed at
or
B:Left behind.

I am the only person in my state that likes it. And some think it's retarded and my step-mom only knows Pikachu and Jigglypuff and deams it "cutesy". I wish I lived in California again ;__;

Last edited:
everyone in my school hates pokemon. especially the teachers, i got a detention for using my pokewalker during the cross country run

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom