• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do people think about pokemon where you live?

Cyber Jet

Something for nothing
Reaction score
Well over my time on these great fourms iv seen meny reactions about what other people think about pokemon to members here.

So basicly what do people think about pokemon where you work/go to school or live in genral?

Last edited:
Well I have three best friends at school (like bigj19) and others like pokemon, but there arew some, like this one girl, who pushed me down at least twenty steps just because I have a oshawott screensaver, saying "Get a life and stop liking **** pokemon, you ******* nerd!" When I don't even wear glasses or fat ( I'm just a tiny bit chubby). So yeah, my school generaly hates pokemon and the like.:mad:

most people don't know that i do myself, but i saw this kid that was playing with his friend, they got beat up like crazy because of it

You used to be teased if you like's pokemon in my school. But this new kid came this year and everyone things he super cool and everyone in my class is pretty much in love with him(except for me B) ) and he just happened to like pokemon. So its officially cool. In fact, a few weeks ago we had a Misty VS May debate...... Scary :scared:

Depends on the person.

Right now, I go to a University, and this strip sums up the general reaction pretty well. Some disagree, but they're actually in the minority or I haven't talked to them.

If I were to talk about Pokemon as openly with my friends at school as I do here, I'd probably end up with my car shrink wrapped to a tree.

It's not overly popular. However, I've never made it a secret I like it.

I don't care what people think and for the most part no one makes fun of me. I wouldn't mind if someone did anyway. Some people laugh at me, some people laugh with me, some say I'm childish, some think its awesome. I've never been threatened or anything! For the most part people respect the fact that I like what I like and I don't try to hide my interests. In fact, some people at school know me as the "Pokemon Girl". It really annoys me when people say "You like Pokemon and your a girl?" as if Pokemon has no appeal to girls whatsoever.

It's kinda popular, kinda not. I remember being at my college this past summer for a camp, and a few of us who were there had the games. By the end, a few other guys had gone out to the nearest game store and had bought HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Not very popular in my school. My classmates tend to mock everyone who likes it, so I've told a few people that I like it there...

most of my friends know it, like it, but don't play it anymore. shame.

for others they're just indifferent I think.

no one i know hates it.

Most people at my high school don't like you and will make fun of you if you play it. Only a few of my close friends that also play pokemon now...

Most people don't care, but I'm sure I'm badmouthed behind my back =\

Well I have three best friends at school (like bigj19) and others like pokemon, but there arew some, like this one girl, who pushed me down at least twenty steps just because I have a oshawott screensaver, saying "Get a life and stop liking **** pokemon, you ******* nerd!" When I don't even wear glasses or fat ( I'm just a tiny bit chubby). So yeah, my school generaly hates pokemon and the like.:mad:

How did she know oshawott was a pokemon?

I smell closet fan...

I hang out with many levels of nerds so ridicule is a rare problem. In my experience only assholes do any of the mockery. Though most of the time when low level nerds or "ordinary" people find out I like Pokemon they go off into a Gen I nostalgia trip rejecting most subjects about any post-Gen II Pokemon.

By the way, has anyone else who has revealed their interest in Pokemon or sometimes anime in general been treated like a gay person who has just stepped out of the closet in front of tolerant and curios people?
Because that was how my last experience felt like.

It's like it is in most other places. Pokemon is not accepted. After 2000, if you still liked pokemon, you'd go through constant beat downs & verbal ridicule every minute of your lyfe until you're separated from the arses by hurricane katrina (actual experiences of mine). But if you're Asian, you get a pass (kinda like rap with blacks; oh america..). Of course, I've met quite a few closet fans, most some of my closest friends :)

By the way, has anyone else who has revealed their interest in Pokemon or sometimes anime in general been treated like a gay person who has just stepped out of the closet in front of tolerant and curios people?
Because that was how my last experience felt like.

I have experienced the same as well. It's ok to be in high school & like disney channel, but not anime... but once again, you get a pass if you're Asian. So far in college, if you reveal you're an anime nerd to people, tons of guys will reminisce for hours about DBZ XD

Oh please. If anyone made fun of you for playing pokemon, there'd be a hoard of supporters just waiting to defend you.

Pokemon is such a huge craze at my high school that people started to get annoyed at all the pokewalkers and the fact that their boyfriends were more obsessed with finishing HGSS than their partners. It was a very peculiar situation. It helps that some of the more "popular" people play it.

So, here, there's no need to hide your enthusiasm for it...I don't know what kind of backwards town I live in but yeah...

I'm not a closet fan at all.

Nothing special, I guess. Actually there's a few people that seems to think Pokémon is pretty cool thing. I have two friends that love Pokémon almost as much as I do (well, not actually that much 'cause I'm the biggest fan in the world ^^) and it's easy to talk about Pokémon with them. Then there's also some "not-so-good-friends" that came to me ask something nice about Pokémon and I was really pleased.
So, here it's OK to fan Pokémon. And pretty much everyone knows that I'm a huge fan of it because I don't hide it.

PS. I'm in the high school, btw.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom