• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which have you done legitimately?

What Have You Achieved?

• Shiny Pokémon Encountered (Excluding The Gyarados)

Votes: 105 88.2%
  • Caught Pokérus

Votes: 91 76.5%
  • Completed Pokédex

Votes: 37 31.1%
  • Highest Ranking Trainer Card

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
Dont know what Pokerus Is, d'you mind explaining??

But ive caught a shiny :)

PokeRus is like a virus your Pokemon gets, but is beneficial because it makes your Pokemon gain double EVs in a battle, so it's very useful for EV training. Ivecaught shinies, got PokeRus and completed the Pokedex all legitimately. I haven't gotten a highest ranking trainer card though.

Dont know what Pokerus Is, d'you mind explaining??

I'm not surprised you've never heard of it. Pokerus is an incredibly rare virus that your pokemon can get from battling wild pokemon. The only effect it has is that is double all EVs earned. You are more likely to encounter 3 wild pokemon than get Pokerus

I've encountered a shiny Pokemon in the wild before, and I've gotten Pokerus at least once or twice (I'm pretty sure its twice).

Caught multiple shinies over the years even without the help of the Poke Radar and other helping methods.
Never caught the Pokerus but a friend did and she traded a Pokemon with it on to me, don't know if that counts, I didn't vote it on the poll.
Never completed the Pokedex, I probably could have done if I got all the events, but I use AR to get the events.

lol. None of these. I'm still envious of you people who find multiple shinies. I got the Pokerus intentionally by trading with a friend.

Shiny Pokémon caught on SS(Unown), Pl(Roselia), and only encountered on LG(Pidgey) iirc and Pokérus(Oak's Bulbasaur) on SS. I had no idea what Pokérus was; I thought it was bad so I turned the game off, haha.

I caught a shiny Pidgey in Silver and about a week later I noticed I had PokeRus running rampant through my team.

I would have gotten the highest rank trainer card in Diamond and Pearl, but my friend decided to do a battle or two when I was incredibly far into the battle tower and fucked up, ending my 82 win streak. Ooooh boy I was livid.

I caught a shiny caterpie in Viridian Forest on FR, a shiny squirtle via GTS in Platinum (possibly hacked), and a shiny tympole outside of Pinwheel forest on April 1 last year. all are currently in my white version. I also caught a shiny numel in emerald on the virtualboy emulator, though that save file has since been deleted.

currently only in platinum do i have pokerus on 3 pokemon iirc, Porygon2/Z, Magmortar, and scizor.

I've caught four shinies (admittedly one was on a ROM, but it was legit otherwise). I've also gotten Pokerus illegitimately- does that count? :D

I've been playing pokemon for 12 years and I have never found a shiny, never got Pokerus (I might have, but I doubt it), but I have almost filled my pokedex legitimately.

I've gotten all the above legitimately, all in Platinum version. The shinies came from my FireRed, though.

I've encountered a shiny at least once in every single Gen ( excluding chaining in Gen 4):

Gen 2: shiny Zubat (Silver)
Gen 3: shiny Whismur (Sapphire) and shiny Horsea ( Fire Red)
Gen 4: shiny Ponyta ( Pearl), shiny Magnemite ( Platinum) and again a shiny Zubat ( Soul Silver)
Gen 5: shiny Duosion ( White )

And that's excluding chaining and breeding via the masuda Method

I've completed the Pokedex in Gen I, II, IV and V. I got ALL Pokémon ( all events as well ) in Gen I,II and IV and currently have a complete dex with all Pokemon minus the 3 event Pokémon from Gen 5 in my White Version as well. All Pokémon a legit and from games I own/events I got myself. It wasn't possible to do this in Gen 3 due to some events never being available in Germany at all/ or too hard to get.

Thanks to the GTS I got a few Pokémon with Pokerus but I caught a Magikarp with Pokerus in Platinum myself as well.

I never got a full trainer card for various reasons.
In Sapphire I was pretty unlucky in the Trainer Tower which was the single star missing from my trainer card.
In FireRed it was impossible to complete my Pokedex because I couldn't trade with anybody to complete the dex and the Jumping Minigame was...urg..
Emerald suffered from my bad luck at the Battle Frontier.
Gen IV...well, the battle tower/frontier all over again. Everything else has been done though.
Gen V seemed not too hard, but I am still unable to get all musical props because ONE SINGLE item is missing ( and I can't get it), and the entralink stuff can't be done without local friends who play BW either...
I thought BW2's trainer stars would be doable to me, but some of the medals are just insane and impossible to acquire to me. :/

I've encountered a few other shiny Pokemon in most of the games. I saw a shiny Pidgey in Silver, although I don't know if I caught it, and a shiny Machoke in Crystal, which I know I didn't catch because I accidentally caused it to faint. I don't think I saw any shiny Pokemon in the third generation games, but I could be mistaken. I got a shiny Bidoof in Diamond and a shiny Roggenrolla in White. I got Pokerus in Ruby, but I had no idea what it was and I thought that it meant that there was a problem with my Pokemon. I got it again in Pearl and then in Platinum, the latter most likely being the result of trading an Elekid with myself. I didn't get the Pokerus in either Black or White though.

I've encountered 3 shiny pokemon, and have gotten Pokerus through trading.

I have encountered a shiny pokemon only once that I can remember, a Sentret in SoulSilver. I've only gotten pokerus through GTS several times, but I doubt most of the people I got it from got it legitimately. I've completed the Kanto pokedex in FireRed and Sinnoh pokedex in Diamond. I'm pretty close to completing the national pokedex in Diamond and Unova pokedex in White.

I found a shiny starly and meditite in plstinum, and someone traded me a Pokerus Eevee in white.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom