• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW083 + BW084 Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!! Part 1 and Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in his defense, Ash has never battled someone whose Pokémon presumably poisoned his entire team.

Paul's Drapion says hello. It poisoned/KO'd Torterra, Staraptor, and Buizel. Gliscor, and Infernape were poisoned because of the spikes as well.

I meant as in his opponent's entire team was capable of doing so, not just one of their Pokémon. ^^;

But point taken, Ash HAS battled someone whose one Pokémon poisoned almost his entire team. Still doesn't mean he can't be driven to a corner and be overwhelmed, though.

Palpitoad? Anti-Anti-Garbodor evidence? A formal usage of Scolipede? Gunk Shot not made of dust(Its original name is "Dust Shoot" for those who do not know Japanese...)? A competent Koffing? Uncensored Punk music in a children's cartoon show? Pre-Generation V Pokémon other than the default ones? As much poison as possible? All Reserves? No Oshawott?

[video=youtube;6GggY4TEYbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GggY4TEYbk&feature=related[/video]

Only thing wrong is Pignite instead of Scraggy.

And Pignite=Infernape of Unova. At least, in the writer's minds it is.

Last edited:
It's disappointing that Tsutarja will never have starred in a gym battle in Isshu and even moreso that Hahakomori has a better battling record in gym than Tsutarja. That's a shame, but I hope it's used in the last slot and gets a win in here. Still don't like the idea of this being the eighth gym and that Satoshi has a huge advantage... that he needs to use 6 Pokémon to beat Homika's three just doesn't scream "I'm ready for the League", but the battle looks interesting and the garbage definitely needs to have it's day in the spotlight because of how unique his battling style seems to be. I'm looking forward to that battle, but I'm peeved about Pikachu being the star... again...

Meh, I'm mixed. XD

To be fair, the lack of gyms could be setting Tsutarja up to be a big presence in the league.

...But yeah, this is just me hoping here.

Gunk Shot not made of dust.

Gunk Shot's attack description in the games mentions that the user "shoots filthy garbage" at its opponent. The move's animation is consistent with this description.

Only thing wrong is Pignite instead of Scraggy.

Scraggy just got an entire tournament to himself, and he was also used in Ash's previous gym battle. Some of Ash's reserves here, especially Palpitoad, would kill just to get the screentime that Scraggy currently has.

The Japanese in-game description of Dust Shoot(Gunk Shot), please, @adyniz; or @Dogasu;, so we can figure this out...

Still, I've been waiting for the ultimate Poison move's debut for 1.75 regions now.

I waited so long...>_<...and now they show it...*o*...wow...These episodes are the greatest thing since Ash's Muk first used Sludge Bomb...IN AMERICA!

Yeah, it's "garbage" in the Japanese version too:

きたない ゴミを あいてに ぶつけて こうげきする。どく じょうたいに することが ある

The English translation is accurate on this one.

The 'dust' is probably used in the same context as 'dustbin', so it's not that unusual. Same reason the monster itself is called Dustdas.

...Also, I just realized that 'Dust Shoot' is a pun on 'Dust Chute'.

Last edited:
Yeah, now that I think about it, you *do* see "dust (bin)" written on a lot of the trash cans you can buy over here. So that probably is what they were going for when they gave that attack that name.

OK!

I still want it to be Thursday already, so i can see Homika, reserves, Gunk Shot, Koffing, Anti-Anti-Garbodor evidence, and a competent Scolipede!

The preview:
Ash: "Is that all of our current power?"
Iris: "You must not give up!"
Well, so it looks like, despite using 6 Poké against Homika's 3 Poké, Ash will actually have a hard time beating her (even if we know he will win, it's clear that it won't be easy at all)
Ash also seems to have doubts in his + his Pokémon's current power
We might get the first in-show statement that Ash isn't as good as he should be - I know that some people said that they never gave any hints in-show to Ash not being as strong... well, now we might actually get it
I'd love it so, so, soooo much, if Ash says that he isn't content from himself and his Pokémon's current state and decides to train seriously from now on until the League... also, I find it very interesting that just at the moment Ash doesn't have confidence in himself anymore - Dawn shows up... Ash helped to support and train Dawn when she was down, maybe now Dawn will do the same to him? oh god I'll love it so much <3 please writers, be cool and make it happen... Ash admitting he's in bad shape compared to his Sinnoh self, feeling a little down (though probably not a serious depression like Dawn's... just a "I'm not good enough... IT'S SPECIAL TRAINING TIME!"), and using all his 3-months-until-League time for serious training with the support and training from Dawn...
I think I'm going to totally love BW soon... they're about to make up for all their mistakes in this series... they already partly did it in the recent BW eps, and it looks like Season 2 will continue to make everything better and better
My excitement for Pokémon has officially returned to me - it gradually happened in recent months, but now I'm all excited for this Gym Battle, Season 2 (especially Dawn and Pip's appearance <3 ) and the BW2 games...

Oh... and... I kind of like how Iris is the one to shout out to Ash to not give up
In the recent Pokéwood ep's ending we also had something like this:
Cilan: I'll be the best Conosseur!
Ash: and I'll win the next Gym Battle!
Iris: and then you'll go to the Unova League right? do your best!

Is it just me or is Iris getting nicer to Ash recently?... less kodomo ne and more supporting him... I like it
Also, I have to LOL at that quote where Ash and Cilan repeat what their goals is, yet Iris just continue talking about Ash's goal rather than saying anything about her own goal... (though that's another thing I can see changing for the better in Season 2)

Is it just me or is Iris getting nicer to Ash recently?... less kodomo ne and more supporting him... I like it
Probably for the same reason she was thrilled to go to Tachiwaki instead, she's just encouraging Ash so much as to make sure she doesn't have to face her own challenges. I'm sure once she feels she's in the clear from having to go to Opelucid and actually do something about her dragon master goal, she'll be back to calling Ash a kid to deflect the attention on her.

But really, she's been getting nicer to him overall, even before learning about Opelucid...but I think it's also due to the fact there's been countless other weirdos popping up to distract her attention.

Probably for the same reason she was thrilled to go to Tachiwaki instead, she's just encouraging Ash so much as to make sure she doesn't have to face her own challenges. I'm sure once she feels she's in the clear from having to go to Opelucid and actually do something about her dragon master goal, she'll be back to calling Ash a kid to deflect the attention on her.
If that was really the case she would've just awkwardly left the group.

I starting to look at this battle as a match and re-Match it's less hurting for my brain.
Even if Ash will probably lose 2 pokes and than beat Koffing with Leavanny. I imagine he has a straight lose like against whitney! and than starts over.

No, it really feels like she's honestly nicer to him... I don't know, but at least that's what I feel from all the recent eps
Usually, if a characters acts a certain way for a certain reason, they make sure the viewers know that... with Iris being nice recently, it's shown as if Iris honestly warmed up to Ash and is now supporting him like a real friend

No, it really feels like she's honestly nicer to him... I don't know, but at least that's what I feel from all the recent eps
Usually, if a characters acts a certain way for a certain reason, they make sure the viewers know that... with Iris being nice recently, it's shown as if Iris honestly warmed up to Ash and is now supporting him like a real friend
Possibly, but I can't see any consistency with how Iris has responded to Ash - so don't think it's over yet. I see a lot of it as simply her supporting Axew than Ash, which indeed might be part of the point, Axew's joyfulness seems to be overriding some of Iris' unpleasantness.

With Ash being in the Gym position he's in, he almost needs Iris to be in the 'you're such a kid' mode - I think it would be far more fitting to win in spite of Iris than because of her encouragement. Ash's question of 'Is that all of our current power?' - to Iris, the answer quite possibly is yes - what position is she to say never give up, when what she has seen is Ash getting fluke victories using bad tactics and criticising him the whole way?

For Iris to turn around after all of that and offer encouragement, when she's done the opposite in the past doesn't work. Why should Ash be inspired by Iris, when she's almost never been positive towards Ash in the past. I could believe it from Bianca, and I'm sure there's a taste-related line from Cilan, but Iris hasn't been set up to be in that position.

Unless that's the point - and that Ash sees Iris' comments as being strange because up until that point he'd heard almost constant negativity, and then having Iris concede that she thinks that he battles well and has been too hard on him after the battle. Perhaps having Ash find Iris' change in tone so strange that it makes him really believe she must mean it.

Iris' reaction to finding out about the Gym closure leaves a bad taste, it's a flavour of selfishness not a nice taste of a supporting condiment. Iris showed there that she'd rather not have Ash get his goal of 8 badges than have to face her problems. Iris needs to open up on her goal a whole lot more if she's going to demonstrate increased trust/friendship. If this is anything, it's the ignition of the flame rather than the finished dish.

Seriously guys.

SHE JUST WANTS HER FRIEND TO WIN

Even when Iris is being extremely nice, she's being "bad". This ain't the first time she's supported Satoshi in his gyms, she's even been more supporting than Dento at times and enthusiastic. Just cause she calls him a kid and gets annoyed at Dento's sparkling crap does not mean she dislikes Satoshi -_-

I starting to look at this battle as a match and re-Match it's less hurting for my brain.
Even if Ash will probably lose 2 pokes and than beat Koffing with Leavanny. I imagine he has a straight lose like against whitney! and than starts over.

You might have something :)

Guess we'll find out Thursday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom