• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S14 EP25: Emolga and the New Volt Switch!

Iteru

Something
Reaction score
BW25 - "Emolga and the New Volt Switch!"http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/BW025

Still travelling with the gang, Bianca challenges Iris and her newly-caught Emolga to a battle which Iris accepts! Being forced to withdraw her Pignite due to infactuation, Bianca sends out Minccino and Emolga uses Volt Switch of her own accord. Why is Emolga using moves without orders and what unusual quality does her Volt Switch have?

I still just love this episode so much! It focus alot more on the groups Pokemon than the trainers! (of cause it mostly focus on Emolga, but still) :D

It’s a good thing Emolga is so cute or I would have no patience for it! She is such a little troublemaker. Both Ash and Iris need to keep a better eye on their Pokémon. Iris is such a delusional parent :p It’s really funny.

Snivy is so awesome, she needs to put Emolga in its place!

It is nice to have these episodes that have so much focus on just the pokemon interacting with each other. It's no Island of the Giant Pokemon, but it's nice to see the pokemon actually have personaliity, something a few BW pokemon are still missing out on.

While I do feel that Iris was forcing Emolga to battle too much, she really is spoiled. It's nice to see Snivy being the grown up and keeping her in line. I have seen a lot of people think Emolga is disobedient. That is not the sense I get here. She's uncooperative at least. (think a rebellious teenager, she obeys when she wants, and is reluctant otherwise) She just needs to learn to be a bit less selfish.

While I do feel that Iris was forcing Emolga to battle too much, she really is spoiled. It's nice to see Snivy being the grown up and keeping her in line. I have seen a lot of people think Emolga is disobedient. That is not the sense I get here. She's uncooperative at least. (think a rebellious teenager, she obeys when she wants, and is reluctant otherwise) She just needs to learn to be a bit less selfish.

She is like a child that have had a too overprotective childhood and always got what she wanted... xD

Yeah, Emolga only real obedience issue when it comes to battling if using Volt Switch when Iris doesn't want her to. Other than that, she listens....unless she really doesn't want to battle.

You know what I think would be neat? If the three Watchog here were the originally the three Patrat from the last episode.

I loved that bit when she swiped the others' food. She looked so cute with that plump little belly, and I just love how she and Snivy start up their rivalry just because the latter knows what a spoiled little brat she is. XD

Yay, I we finally get some extended, decent Snivy screen time outside of a typical battle scene!

I like the sort of "girls being catty towards each other" vibe Snivy has towards Emolga while at the same time acting somewhat as an older sister trying to help her grow, even if she pretends to act indifferent or mean.

Its episodes like these that sort of make me wish the Pokémon anime was more centered on the Pokémon themselves sort of like the shorts before the first few feature films.

So I like Snivy and all the other Pokémon even more than before, but found the type interactions really odd, for instance Snivy being able to very effectively defend against Simisear's (if that's spelled correctly) fire attacks using her leaf tail, or the fact that Oshawott made no effort to use water attacks against Simisear.

Also, is it me, or did the way in which the Watchogs were drawn and animated seem somewhat different than Lenora's Watchog was?

or the fact that Oshawott made no effort to use water attacks against Simisear.

Actually it was going to use razor shell but Simisear punched the hell out of Oshawott before Oshawott could do anything with it.

Anyway I don't care what you classify this episode, it was immensely fun and enjoyable. The interactions between the Pokemon were really nice. I hope we have similar episodes down the line where the group's Pokemon interact with each other for the majority of the episode.

One thing I like about Black and White/Best Wishes is how it's bringing back almost strictly Pokemon interaction episodes. The gang was just their typical selves in this ep, relaxing and training, if Semisear hadn't shown up.

Wow, I'm surprised to see that there are only so little reviews here. Seems that only a bunch of people actually liked this ep.
As far as I'm concerned, I've got to say that mere Pokemon-interaction episodes are a bit too childish for me, meaning that except for Simisear, this ep wasn't overly exciting.

However, I really loved how badass Snivy was. I totally enjoyed seeing her stand on the sidelines with that superior look on her face as if she wanted to say "Come on, YOU'RE ALL such little kids". If you ask me that was hilarious and very cool alike. And let us not forget her grabbing Emolga by repeatedly using Wine Whip. If Pokemon could speak, Snivy would definitely have said "You stay put, spoiled little brat"

Although being a bit childish here and there, the episode as a whole was decent and Snivy was just great.

Seems that only a bunch of people actually liked this ep.
Um... not to be rude, but literally every single review before you was positive.

I'm having a hard time classifying this episode. In my mind, it kept switching between fantastic and just okay. Some scenes (read: most parts with Emolga in them) were a bit annoying for me, but others (read: every scene with Snivy in them) were fantastic.

I agree that the interactions between Pokemon was fun to see. It's nice to see that the creators are putting more personality into them. I'm not going to agree with the people who like Emolga, though. I do not like Emolga >:I. Annoying spoiled rotten brat could you possibly get more annoying you rotten little

But Snivy was flat out awesome. New favorite Pokemon on Ash's team :D Hope to see more of it.

I give this episode a
7.5/10

Last edited:
It wasn't too bad. I really liked axew and emolga (so cute). The only thing I found wrong was simisear's funky voice

I found this episode absolutely enjoyable! I laughed all the way throughout the funny moments and everything involving Emolga and the whole gang! Pokémon-to-Pokémon interaction had never been so funny! This is now my new favourite episode.

I love this episode. Snivy was epic and Emolga was bratty. The episode was so cute though. I love how Emolga kept on using Volt Switch when it was battling Pignite.

Snivy is so awesome, she needs to put Emolga in its place!

At first I read that as "needs to punch Emolga in its face" XDDD
Nice ep, this is an example to one of the better BW eps - entertaining character and Pokémon interactions, Pokémon having personality, Bianca automatically making everything soooo much better, etc...
Also, with this, I caught up with the dub and will now continue to watch every new ep as I do with the Japanese version

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom