• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Zombie Apocalypse Continues

I heard about this awhile ago. It probably is a coincidence. The perps behind the crimes weren't truly zombies or anything, so yeah. Just messed up people.

Seriously, coincidences happen all the time.

This is coincidental, I wouldn't be worried about zombies.

Still, ew. What would ever possess someone to do this?

Just recently in Kansas a man was arrested for attacking and biting a Walmart employee.

Link.

I didn't hear about that one in KC. While pretty crazy, I think the worse thing to have come out of the area is the boy who was set on fire. Maybe all these people are just getting large press coverage because of a slow news cycle.

Maybe all these people are just getting large press coverage because of a slow news cycle.

Possible. I think that this kind of thing was probably already happening, but the media's making a big deal out of it because they can now call it part of the zombie apocalypse.

^ Unless the lack of "interesting" news is what turned them into zombies, and after reading this news article, can't one guy just worry about one problem instead of two because of the proposed zombie apocalypse?

This is coincidental, I wouldn't be worried about zombies.

Still, ew. What would ever possess someone to do this?
Coincidental occurrence, but likely not coincidental focus on being reported. Journalists want readers, and the hot topic right now thanks to that previous article is "zombies"

Here's a really funny article on cracked on that phenomenon.

So no, just as the crime rates in the US and Canada aren't increasing but only seem to have gotten so much larger in the past few years, this is simply the media covering what gets them an audience. It doesn't necessarily mean its representative of what's actually going on in the world. I guess we're too bored of plain old violence, so now we need Zombie violence? What's next? Articles about Zombie on Zombie violence?

Obviously zombies are what's on people's mind otherwise the thread title should be drawing parallels to the Luka Magnotta incident (also mentioned in the article) since it seems more similar to that than a freak attack by a crazed person.

Last edited:
A Zombie Outbreak would suck, because a lot of innocent people would get shot by overzealous, paranoid gun owners looking for any little sign of "zombification" and going to town.

It's literally the Zimmerman issue, only with the walking dead as opposed to minorities.

I didn't hear about that one in KC. While pretty crazy, I think the worse thing to have come out of the area is the boy who was set on fire. Maybe all these people are just getting large press coverage because of a slow news cycle.
The press doesn't cover news anymore, they cover dirty politics and it's an election year. That can't be the reason for these reports of cannibals and kids being set on fire.

Back
Top Bottom