• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Favorite Song of the franchise.

My all-time favorite Pokemon songs! (Curse you for cutting them out, 4Kids!!!!!!)

I also absolutely adore the ORAS rendition of the gym battle theme. Now it's my all time favorite gym battle music! SO MUCH better than the original RSE version!

Last edited:
Games: Battle! (Frontier Brain-Hoenn Version), Bicycle (Sinnoh), Route 228 (Night)
Anime: Unbeatable, This Dream, Pokemon Theme

Games: There's so many it's hard to pick. Abandoned Ship comes to mind because it just feels so... atmospheric I guess would be the way I'd put it? It feels like it's creepy yet soothing at the same time and I absolutely love it. Lacunosa Town's music gives me a similar vibe that I love too. Also I love that remix of Brendan/May's theme that plays at the end of the delta episode since it makes me feel super nostalgic. Other themes I love are Kanto Route 11, Hoenn Route 104, and Unova Route 10 for feeling either epic or adventurous.

Spin-offs: Pretty much all of Colosseum's battle themes were so good. And I can't not mention the farewell song in PMD2; that still shatters my heart everytime.

Anime: I love both the 9th and 10th OPs. And I have to mention pretty much everything on the 2.B.A. Master album. :p Special shoutout goes to You and Me and Pokemon for making me really capture that emotion of wanting to live in the Pokemon world.

For the game: I like a lot of the music in the games like Ever Grande City, Lavender Town etc.

For the cartoon: Viridian City was always my favorite, I like a lot of the English dub songs so it's hard to choose others I like.

I will always love the song "Secret Garden" from Pokémon Heroes. As for the games, I have way too many favourites, I couldn't possibly choose just one. Lately I've been really loving the Virbank and Anistar City music.

-Vs. Champion Cynthia, DPPt/BW/BW2
-Route 201, DPPt
-Serene Village Theme, PSMD
-Vs. Miror B, Colosseum/XD
-Hoenn Elite Four, ORAS
-Route 110, RSE/ORAS
-Coumarine City, XY
-Vs. Wally, ORAS
-Pokemon League, XY
-Nimbasa Gym Stage, BW2
-Partner's Theme, PSMD
-Route 120, RSE/ORAS
-Aquacorde Town/Amberette Town, XY
-Route 29, GSC/HGSS
-Route 4, GSC/HGSS
-Lumiose City, XY
-Pokemon Gym, GSC/XY
-Vs. Zinnia, ORAS

Last edited:
Far, far too many for me to list.

But the Hoenn E4 Battle Theme was a prime winner. It's like a rock-flamenco hybrid!

And the epic electric guitar work of "Burning Battlefield" and "Friendly Battle".

Video games

Black and White, of course, gets on this list. I teared up a bit when I heard this song in X, since it brought back so many fond memories... Of a game that only came out two years earlier. I love BW that much.

It's the battle theme of the best villain in the series. Duh.

Mainly because of the sheer "HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT" factor when you hear those three bells at the beginning.

Anime

F**king. EPIC.

Probably my favorite Pokemon song with lyrics.

From the games, it will always be this opening (Just listen to the 1st one):

From the Anime:

Now for my favorite anime openings (and yes it's the dub):

The original: how can I not put this one:

These are just a few of my favorites, and I might do a blog of my other favorites. :D

Lance's champion battle theme from G/S/C was so heart-pounding the first time I ever heard it. Definitely one of my nostalgic favorites. The Temporal Tower theme from Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, as well as "Don't Ever Forget" and "Farther Away" are also really good. The Explorers games had a really good soundtrack in general.

Y'know, I could probably go on forever. I dunno how many Pokemon franchise songs that I can just start humming from memory.

- Mt. Coronet (music for where it's snowy)
- the song that plays in Sevault Canyon in FRLG
- Renbow Island (Ranger series)
- Battle! Giratina
- Battle! Cyrus
- Battle! Cynthia
- the entire OST for Black and White (especially the credits theme. And Route 10. And N's Castle. And the Gym Leader fight. And...)
- the entire goddamn OST of Explorers of Sky (Gen IV had a ton of great songs tbh)

Hm. I think these would be my top five when it comes to music and Pokemon.

1. PMD Explorers of Time/Darkness - Primal Dialga's battle theme (I believe it's called 'Dialga's Fight to the End'?)
2. The 'Feels Theme' from BW/BW2.
3. Zinnia/Wally's theme from ORAS
4. Hoenn E4 theme from ORAS
5. Kanto Gym Leader theme from HG/SS.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom