• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 5/20/13 ✦ The End Hath Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BIBLE MAFIA ✦ 4/13/13 ✦ The First Day

This phase has only one requirement to end if I remember correctly and that is 12 votes on one person... ( correct me if I'm wrong @Master Mew; )

And I was just wondering what sort of characters may well be used as Mafia:

- Satan/The Devil
- Judas
- The Pharisees

But I'm not sure how that may actually play out in the way they behave or what features their characters may have.
Satan, mafia boss
Judas, if checked appears as town
The Pharisees normal mafia ??????

Now remember, I`m not Christian, but I think in Christianity and Judaism, Adam and Eve are tempted by a serpent. I know that the serpent isn`t in Islam though and considering that they`re the three Abrahamic religions I`m not sure if they have it. Anyone think that the serpent is a possible mafioso?

Now remember, I`m not Christian, but I think in Christianity and Judaism, Adam and Eve are tempted by a serpent. I know that the serpent isn`t in Islam though and considering that they`re the three Abrahamic religions I`m not sure if they have it. Anyone think that the serpent is a possible mafioso?

The serpent was Lucifer if I remember the story correctly that or was the one who sent it. Lucifer is Satan by the way. He was an angel that was jealous of God giving humans souls and therefore betrayed him.

Cain from Cain and Abel could maybe be a villain? Goliath from David and Goliath?

There are a lot of enemies in the bible. For example the Caesar I believe was the one who had Jesus crucified, etc. So trying to guess who is in the game probably won't help. Satan is probably the only 100% because he's well satan. We should however make sure that when/if people nameclaim, to look up the name to see if it seems faked or could be a possible mafia.

True, anyone want to name claim or role claim? I can if you want.

Alright, looking at the phase... I find GliscorMan noteworthy. Yes, he was attempting to be productive; but he was not handling it in an exactly logical way.

This post;
GliscorMan said:
No, I'm voting you to ask why we shouldn't vote you. I didn't come to discuss my lack of logic, I came to discuss if you're Mafia or not. So, are you?
That's a start, yes, but what exactly are you expecting her to say here? It's not enough to just ask "are you mafia or not". It's up to the person to elaborate or not. For all we know, she could just say 'no' and leave it at that. Which would get us nowhere. I mean, if information from Spectrum was necessary you could ask her things(after voting her for pressure) like "what are your thoughts on [insert names] vote?" or "what do you think about [insert something about logic on voting day 1]?".

But when Sourcandy questioned it, the only response she obtained was;
GliscorMan said:
Because I'm the one actually trying to be productive here. I accused Spec not necessarily because I find him scum, but to see what reads I can get off of him. Those reads will let me determine if he's scum or not. Best way to get reads is to threaten him with a D1 lynch.
Which ties into what I said on the above. She wasn't obligated to state anything other than 'no' and I don't think she's been on so we won't know, but... there were other ways this could have been done to obtain information.

On that note, @Spectrum Achromatic; What do you think about Day 1 lynches? Would you be opposed to someone else being lynched, besides yourself? What do you think about GliscorMan's question to you?

@Momoka; I'll say it again. What I did was perfectly logical. Vote someone who already had a vote, thus creating a majority, and putting pressure on said person. People won't take you seriously on D1 unless there's at least a little bit of pressure.

But still there's been nothing from Spec. I'm not pushing for a claim, just a response. A response that isn't something like: "Oh, so this is a random vote?" or "Quit being illogical."

The point of Day 1 is to mess around, getting people to try and do things and say stuff. These things and stuff can provide town roles, like the Cop, leads to go off of on N1, and also provides the entire Town a larger chance on D2.

I'm against D1 random lynches, always have been. But pressure is one of the only ways to get leads in an otherwise useless phase. Pressure, not a lynch.

Vote: Foulcandy, Unvote: No lynch

I'm just adding pressure here to get a reaction. What's your opinion on the current situation and what do you believe we should do next?

@GliscorMan; It wasn't completely illogical in my eyes. I know what you were trying to do, I just don't think doing it that way was going to get any reaction out of Spectrum.

She hasn't been on, due to her timezone. So that explains one thing at least. I'm just hoping she'll answer both you and me.

I'm not against random Day 1 lynches, since I think even that can get us somewhere. I just don't want this to be a "are you mafia" "no" kind of thing.

@Momoka; I'll say it again. What I did was perfectly logical. Vote someone who already had a vote, thus creating a majority, and putting pressure on said person. People won't take you seriously on D1 unless there's at least a little bit of pressure.

But still there's been nothing from Spec. I'm not pushing for a claim, just a response. A response that isn't something like: "Oh, so this is a random vote?" or "Quit being illogical."

The point of Day 1 is to mess around, getting people to try and do things and say stuff. These things and stuff can provide town roles, like the Cop, leads to go off of on N1, and also provides the entire Town a larger chance on D2.

I'm against D1 random lynches, always have been. But pressure is one of the only ways to get leads in an otherwise useless phase. Pressure, not a lynch.

It's Day 1. All I've done was randomly vote someone out of pure randomness.

And you ask me if I'm not mafia.

You also asked me why you should not vote me.

....is there anything that I can say, when I've basically done nothing in the phase, and therefore have nothing to tell - nothing to defend myself?

Alright, looking at the phase... I find GliscorMan noteworthy. Yes, he was attempting to be productive; but he was not handling it in an exactly logical way.

This post;
GliscorMan said:
No, I'm voting you to ask why we shouldn't vote you. I didn't come to discuss my lack of logic, I came to discuss if you're Mafia or not. So, are you?
That's a start, yes, but what exactly are you expecting her to say here? It's not enough to just ask "are you mafia or not". It's up to the person to elaborate or not. For all we know, she could just say 'no' and leave it at that. Which would get us nowhere. I mean, if information from Spectrum was necessary you could ask her things(after voting her for pressure) like "what are your thoughts on [insert names] vote?" or "what do you think about [insert something about logic on voting day 1]?".

But when Sourcandy questioned it, the only response she obtained was;
GliscorMan said:
Because I'm the one actually trying to be productive here. I accused Spec not necessarily because I find him scum, but to see what reads I can get off of him. Those reads will let me determine if he's scum or not. Best way to get reads is to threaten him with a D1 lynch.
Which ties into what I said on the above. She wasn't obligated to state anything other than 'no' and I don't think she's been on so we won't know, but... there were other ways this could have been done to obtain information.

On that note, @Spectrum Achromatic; What do you think about Day 1 lynches? Would you be opposed to someone else being lynched, besides yourself? What do you think about GliscorMan's question to you?

We can never be sure who to lynch. Chances that a lynch gets lucky and hits a mafia, but that's a low possibility. Trying to do something productive is good, yeah, but unless someone slips or claims something that's hard to believe, Day 1 lynches would be done out of random just to get us somewhere. I'm not really opposed to it, but I'd be hesitant.

About his question... I really don't know what to say. GliscorMan demands me for an explanation why I shouldn't be lynched, and I don't have anything to say. We've barely done anything - I've only randomly joke-voted someone, and is there really anything scummy about that?

About the day one lynch debate, while voting no lynch lets the mafia get ahead, if we mislynch (especially if we kill a major town role), that also technically puts the mafia ahead. Day 1 lunches shouldn't be treated lightly, at the end of the day, it will have an impact on the game.

Vote:No Lynch

Until I see a good enough reason to vote for someone specific.

I'm actually leaning more towards Spec being scum, because of his reaction. He tried to make it sound like I was voting him simply because he random voted, which appears to be intended to make me look bad.

Also, I'm intrigued by @GengarWithSunglasses; who just completely nerfed any pressure on anybody by tying the votes.

are we really fucking doing this again?
come on guys, we all know it is possible to get something out of day one. let's not be stupid

If by getting something out of day 1 you mean let's play follow-the-leader by doing a massclaim before the first night starts again, then yes, it's certainly possible to get something out of day 1. Wether it's a fun way to play the game is the question.

Well, it certainly isn't fun if you're mafia. By the looks of it you're against that and I just wonder if it has anything to do with something that happened in another game. I know I shouldn't bring it up but, you seem to want to stop that from happening again. Why?

unvote
Vote: Mijz

Last time I tried doing the same you ended up being mafia, is that the reason why you want to stop me this time around?

Unvote: Buoy
Vote: Spectrum Achromatic

[mentioned spectrum achromatic]

You now have a majority of votes. What say you in your defense?
[mentioned gliscorman] So you're voting me for having voted someone as a joke vote?

What were you expecting to hear from SA, exactly? Your vote for her was the 7th post of Day 1. She had made exactly one post prior to yours.

Unless she's the fool, she's obviously not going to admit to being mafia, so I'm not sure what that was supposed to accomplish either.

Conveniently ignoring your own lack of logic didn't help either.

hmmm...da fuck did i just read. I mean, can't the say be said towards you? How come we can't discuss your lack of logic?

Asking someone if they're mafia isn't going to produce much of a read, let alone a reliable one. Targeting someone when we have nothing to go on not only makes you look desperate for a lynch (because you went so far as to craft a massively flawed argument) but also accomplishes nothing but making yourself look scummy.

VOTE: GliscorMan

Edit (meant to reply to these as well) :

Voting no lynch won't get us anywhere right now unless we discuss stuff first. If we go for no lynch then we give the mafia a free night kill and get no information from it. Cautiousness is good but rushing the end of the phase won't do any good yet I see a lot of no lynches being voted.
:thumbup:

Unnecessary, and publicizing possibly true claims invites trouble.

@Mutie; I can tell you didn't really read too much into it. I explained my exact thought process already, on top of the fact that this is what I said:

You now have a majority of votes. What say you in your defense?

As my question to Spec. I didn't ask him if he was Mafia. I asked him if he had anything to say. This is a perfectly legitimate question.

UNVOTE: Pokemad

I was looking for a contradiction in that answer, but you didn't give one, so I'd rather change my vote to:

VOTE: GengarWithSunglasses

The asking for claims from others is odd, but not enough for a vote. However, this...

GengarWithSunglasses said:
That seems too eager to want to claim himself, especially on Day 1. He was under no suspicion, and he didn't have any votes on him to warrant needing to clear himself with a potentially dangerous action like that, so it makes me wonder if he's got a fakeclaim planned out that he wanted to use to gain town-cred early.

I'm just adding pressure here to get a reaction.
As GliscorMan said, tying up the votes doesn't exactly put any pressure on somebody to answer or give a reaction. So this action seems contradictory to what he claimed its purpose was.

@Mutie; I can tell you didn't really read too much into it.
You did vote for her, and claimed later that it was an attempt at productivity. I'm not sure what sort of subliminal or implicit message I was supposed to get.

I explained my exact thought process already
If this is the post you're referring to, I addressed that in my last post. The logic is still flawed. Threatening someone with a D1 lynch because your method of obtaining reads was faulty is hardly her fault. To me, it looks more like you voted her and she hardly knew why.

I didn't ask him if he was Mafia. I asked him if he had anything to say. This is a perfectly legitimate question.

Note: Spec is a she, btw.

You asked her if she's mafia right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom