• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

I thought it was ok, but then I saw the running animation. Now it might be my favorite gen 9 pokemon

Kirlia

Kirlia is a perfectly okay Pokemon. Like many middle evolution, it suffers from the fact that it's pre-evolution is better because it's cuter and its evolution (both of them) is cooler because it's in its final, coolest stage. But Kirlia isn't bad. I just wish it wasn't such a letdown in battle until it finally evolves.

Amaura.

Now, I've made my fondness of Mesozoic life unambiguous here at this point, so I'll just bite and admit that for Tyrunt: I mostly just appreciate it for its final stage and on its own merits, it's neat but I don't think it's especially that endearing. It's a small, feisty li'l Tyrannosaurus chick for sure, but I'd say I'm far more prone to squeeing over Omanyte and Lileep; most particularly the li'l helix baby. Hell, even on the merits on a juvenile Fossil dinosaur I actually think Archen and Amaura are far more cuter than it. Fellow young coelurosaur Archen just has that googly big-eyed, 'no thoughts in its big head' vibe; while Amaura pretty much looks like the result of someone commissioning Lauren Faust to design an Amargasaurus character.

Indeedee

I like the type combination a lot but otherwise the design is copycat and awkward.

Spinarak

I love Weezing so much. :bulbaLove:
It's just one of those Pokémon that I got attached to after using it on a team once, and it's been one of my favorites ever since. (Plus who doesn't like James's Weezing?) The Galarian variant is alright too, though oddly I feel like by adding all those over-the-top goofy features it loses a lot of the simple, dopey charm the Kantonian form has.

Seviper

Seviper is one oddball : it can learn many moves and has decent physical and special offense, but it's quite slow and frail. For Pete's sake it can even learn Earthquake !

Pumpkaboo

It is creepy yet cute, and I like its cry, although I prefer its evolved form.
Durant

I like it both conceptually and visually, but it's a strange Pokémon to try using in battle — weird stats, abilities, and movepool all around. I respect it because I love the Steel type, but it's one of the mid-tier ones on my list. It unfortunately just gets outshined by cooler Bug/Steel mons.

How about its counterpart, Heatmor?

And speaking of weird stats all around......

Oh, Heatmor. As a lifelong, diehard fan of Fire types, I really wanted to like this Pokemon. I really did. And I guess I still do, a little. But I just don't like this Pokemon all that much. There's too much holding Heatmor back. For starters, it's doesn't evolve, which is already a strike against it, and while its (offensive) stats, ability (Flash Fire,) design and movepool are quite cool, it's got two glaring flaws-its speed and defenses. Or rather the lack thereof. See, its defenses are actually pretty typical of a lot of Fire types, which is fine. That's not a problem for me. The problem is that on top of having bad defenses, its speed is bad on top of that, so it can't even get a move in half the time before dying. And I'm not even talking about competitive Pokemon, since I don't play competitive. It's just too slow and too frail no matter what it tries, even in-game. It really is quite a shame too, because Heatmor's offensive stats and movepool are wasted on something that can't even make proper use of them.

Deino

A little, blind cave salamander-dragon that has a Beatle's haircut. Ultimately, it is kind of cute in a bizarre way.

Let's do, Litleo.

For a while I didn't think about it much, but now I really respect it. It's's cute, and I especially love it's cry. "BRWAARR". It's also a bit of a meme in one of my friend groups for an admitidley really weird and niche reason, but that definitely help me appreciate it more.

Drowzee

Drowzee is one of the few Gen 1 Pokémon that I have no strong feelings on whatsoever... don't love it, don't dislike it either, it's just kinda silly. Maybe it's just because I've seen the baku/dream tapir concept in so many other things by now, but Hypno is a lot more interesting to me.

Regice

For the record, the Legendary titans are a candidate for my favorite Legendary group... but Regirock is also, in this vein, the titan that I have the least interest towards. Being the titan comprised of stone, it is definitely the most conventional of these entities and the closest homage to the Hebrew golems. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but in my eyes it ends up being overshadowed by its fellow Hoennian compadres: in that Regice speaks to me on a personal level due to its fetching cry and its crystalline form, while Registeel being stated and depicted to be formed out of an unknown metallic yet strangely flexible substance gives it a peculiar, perhaps even otherworldly and somewhat organic feel from what would've otherwise been visually characterized as a robotic 'golem'. And it's very much overshadowed further by the comparatively more fantastical titans uncovered in the Crown Tundra: be it the dissonantly lethal yet playful literal bundle of energy that is Regieleki or the bizarre amalgamation of Dragon 'crystals' that is confirmed by official sources to be actually an unfinished project of Regigigas' that is Regidrago.

Registeel (I covered my own feelings towards it on the above paragraph but the pattern ain't gonna complete itself)

It's fine. My favourite - just like Juliyet said - is Regirock, since you can feel its stony looks right inside your veins.
I guess I like the defensive stats of Registeel and the fact it is a pure steel type. I don't really like the way its hands look though.

Frosmoth...?

one of my favourite ice-types. it will always be a pain point to me that the speed is so low when you can take like, 25 points off of its attack stat and add that to speed and it'd be acceptable, at the very least.

pinsir

Back
Top Bottom